• Aug 11th, 2021 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4269 posts
1429 upvotes
Vancouver
I earn 200 points every time I watch a movie now. Usually I only go and pay $6.75-9.00 on Tuesdays for a movie, and after 5 movies (as cheap as $35), I get one valued at up to $20 (IMAX) for free... That's amazing return. The only hard part is finding friends to watch full-price movies with (because they're not as points savvy as me).

100 base points, 20 mobile app/online purchase bonus, 50 Scenetourage points, 35 SCENE Visa points.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5828 posts
702 upvotes
Markham
I assume it would work, but if we present our scene card # via cineplex app instead of the actual card when watching a movie with scenetorage members would be ok?
Jul 20, 2012
749 posts
205 upvotes
Air Force One
Yeah
Make sure you keep an eye on your points because last February I went with my girlfriend to see a movie but we weren't awarded the 50 bonus Scenetourage points. I think Scene has a thing against Valentine's Day or something. Their customer service was great though and they were able to credit us the points after I sent them an email about it.
Jul 20, 2012
749 posts
205 upvotes
Air Force One
lhsonic wrote: I earn 200 points every time I watch a movie now. Usually I only go and pay $6.75-9.00 on Tuesdays for a movie, and after 5 movies (as cheap as $35), I get one valued at up to $20 (IMAX) for free... That's amazing return. The only hard part is finding friends to watch full-price movies with (because they're not as points savvy as me).

100 base points, 20 mobile app/online purchase bonus, 50 Scenetourage points, 35 SCENE Visa points.
I guess that works if you go on Tuesdays. For other days I don't think paying full price at the theaters is worth it for the extra points since you can just buy those admit one gift certificates from someone on craigslist for $8.50-$8.75 each.
Aug 30, 2004
505 posts
18 upvotes
johnsmithy wrote: Love the enthusiasm but I don't think this will work very well as at least 2 people have to practically go to the same movie (same theatre location within a 1-hour period or when they purchase a movie ticket through Cineplex.com on the same calendar day). It's really designed for grouping people you usually see movies with (family or friends). Also, you can only belong to one group (per SCENE card).
Yeah I was hoping that if we had a huge group, that randomly it would happen...but with a 10 person limit.....that's not going to happen...hehe
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4269 posts
1429 upvotes
Vancouver
Discombobulator wrote: I guess that works if you go on Tuesdays. For other days I don't think paying full price at the theaters is worth it for the extra points since you can just buy those admit one gift certificates from someone on craigslist for $8.50-$8.75 each.
Those Admit One certificates are too much hassle now in the era of reserved seating and online ticketing. Unless you live within walking distance of the theatre or you are watching an older, less popular movie, you simply can't use those vouchers.

I love the convenience of buying my ticket the night before for AVX online or sometimes a month in advance for the opening weekend show times. I haven't had to line up or show up 2 hours early for a movie in ages- it's great!
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1419 posts
161 upvotes
And if you went to a theatre that had Sceneplay you could get an additional 50 Scene points.
lhsonic wrote: I earn 200 points every time I watch a movie now. Usually I only go and pay $6.75-9.00 on Tuesdays for a movie, and after 5 movies (as cheap as $35), I get one valued at up to $20 (IMAX) for free... That's amazing return. The only hard part is finding friends to watch full-price movies with (because they're not as points savvy as me).

Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3357 posts
948 upvotes
GTA
This is super old and you have to go with the people.
Jul 20, 2012
749 posts
205 upvotes
Air Force One
lhsonic wrote: Those Admit One certificates are too much hassle now in the era of reserved seating and online ticketing. Unless you live within walking distance of the theatre or you are watching an older, less popular movie, you simply can't use those vouchers.

I love the convenience of buying my ticket the night before for AVX online or sometimes a month in advance for the opening weekend show times. I haven't had to line up or show up 2 hours early for a movie in ages- it's great!
I agree and you're right I'm mostly referring to other movies that, while popular, don't get sold out days in advance. I've never had any problems using my vouchers on the night of except for Skyfall lol (opening night was fine since I reserved seats for VIP, but second time I tried to watch it (regular theatre) it was sold out at noon already). For IMAX/AVX I would mostly redeem scene points but then I haven't gone in a while because I can't seem to convince myself to redeem scene points for anything less than VIP :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1515 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
Zyphur wrote: This is super old and you have to go with the people.
Yeah, I just noticed it on the Scene site but I'm getting the impression it's been around for a while. Wonder why nobody's posted about it...

Also, some might say going to a movie with others makes it more enjoyable ;)
=============
Heatware
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2701 posts
2061 upvotes
stock_junkie wrote: And if you went to a theatre that had Sceneplay you could get an additional 50 Scene points.
After Covid, they are not continuing to offer time play anymore.