Freebies

[Circle K / Mac's] Coupon Book w/ Free and BOGO coupons (MUST have mobile phone w/ internet to redeem) (BC, AB, SK, MB, NWT)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 11:24 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11525 posts
4646 upvotes
Stopped at Circle K today ... and redeemed last Freebie from our regular coupon books ... Drumstick ice-cream.

So now totally done with regular coupon books until July 20th or so, more likely. That's when book's current coupon expire... Unless they'll throw in some more freebies in the book by then.

As mentioned, totally done with "heroes" books as well ... Got no more of those left.

So now only Rock Paper Prizes game, I guess, until September. Redeemed for Medium Coffee / tea, Medium Froster and Reese bar from those Rock Paper Prizes books of ours ... all out of freebies now.

Hopefully will win some via current Rock Paper Prizes game. :)
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5583 posts
1705 upvotes
The Rolo ice cream is quite good. The chocolate cone is nice.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1769 posts
586 upvotes
my store didn't have the rolo, they tried scanning in the Oreo and that one works as well
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5583 posts
1705 upvotes
granite_69 wrote: my store didn't have the rolo, they tried scanning in the Oreo and that one works as well
It must come up at the same price/have a similar barcode.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5583 posts
1705 upvotes
New coupons.

Not as many freebies.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11525 posts
4646 upvotes
Balduno wrote: New coupons.

Not as many freebies.
Thanks for the reminder.

I checked mine .... Some coupons expire August 3 or something like that ... other coupons expire August 17 ... -- there are few more coupons showing in the book "darkened" somewhat, with "Coming Soon" on them, but you can still see (even though they are "darkened") their expiry date, which is August 17 as well.

From Freebies I noticed ... -- Free Nestle chocolate bar 32 gr - 60 gr ... and possibly limited to the ones listed on the coupon .... and a Free Medium Coffee.

If anyone tries to redeem any of those freebies ... - do let us know here ... I am not getting to Circle-K way until tomorrow sometime ...

P.S.

Also the coupon books design changed somewhat seemingly ... -- Looks like before entering your book you have to select your age now (13 or so ... OR ... 19 and older) and then select your Province. I tried selecting Quebec, Ontario and few others (just for the heck of it ... and good thing I didn't lose my coupons, because it brings you back to the original screen with every screen refresh) -- And many of those provinces are SOL ... Quebec is showing some weird stuff ( aka "In French" lol ) .... Ontario etc are showing "Play Rock Paper Prizes game".

Wondering if people in those provinces select some other / participating province and go to cash out the coupon to their local Circle-K ... -- wondering what will happen. :)
Nov 1, 2016
853 posts
916 upvotes
Toronto
With all these freebies and in addition to Rock Paper Scissors, are you guys eating them all or donating them?
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5583 posts
1705 upvotes
crayola1 wrote: With all these freebies and in addition to Rock Paper Scissors, are you guys eating them all or donating them?
Giving away to family and friends, or else just sitting in my pantry. I don’t eat them all that often, except for the frosters.
Nov 29, 2015
103 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
got 2 choice prizes for trade! Aha would be best but im open to other stuff
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1368 posts
924 upvotes
Calgary
crayola1 wrote: With all these freebies and in addition to Rock Paper Scissors, are you guys eating them all or donating them?
I rarely win this gameSmiling Face With Horns :facepalm:
Nov 30, 2004
64 posts
1 upvote
North York
Anyone try redeeming a free peanut + BOGO peanut in one transaction for two free peanuts, or other coupons that have a free and BOGO? Does it work?
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5583 posts
1705 upvotes
Shmil wrote: Anyone try redeeming a free peanut + BOGO peanut in one transaction for two free peanuts, or other coupons that have a free and BOGO? Does it work?
People have said that this is not possible.

But I haven’t tried it myself.
Mar 20, 2006
356 posts
125 upvotes
Has anyone tried redeeming $1 lottery ticket ? I tried the chocolate one from the new catalog and it did not work. As per store they updated their system 3 times yesterday and the coupon still did not work today.
May 10, 2011
109 posts
65 upvotes
Edmonton
2good wrote: Has anyone tried redeeming $1 lottery ticket ? I tried the chocolate one from the new catalog and it did not work. As per store they updated their system 3 times yesterday and the coupon still did not work today.
Chocolate bar also did not work for me today. The lady at the store gave it to me and she said she will call it in as I had the right bar and coupon.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11525 posts
4646 upvotes
Made it to one of Winnipeg's Circle K locations earlier / this morning.

Had some winnings to redeem from our Rock Paper Prizes wins ... -- not too many freebies (kinda hard to win that game nowadays) ... - but the Freebies I redeemed for were couple of Frosters, Medium coffee / tea, couple of peanuts, one Joker, one Dentyne ice gum (I think that's it).

Then I went to my "refreshed" coupon book (one of our four books) ... and opened the book ... -- decided to redeem for the chocolate bar (expiring the soonest - on Aug 3) -- had a choice of some Nestle bar listed in terms and conditions ... 32 gr - 60 gr

So I took a Kit Kat Green Tea (Kit Kat Gold, by the way, is still not in stock, lol ... it's been months now) bar -- it's somewhat smaller than regular Kit Kat ... and some other qualifying bars that they had in stock - Aero - Milk, Gold, Dark, Coffee Crisp .. and went to the clerk to negotiate my transaction / redemption.
I knew that Kit Kat Green Tea wouldn't work .. (it didn't last time .. plus it wasn't listed in terms and conditions). ... but I thought I'd try it ... and then, if it doesn't work -- substitute it with some other qualifying bar.

So tried to redeem for that Kit Kat Green Tea ... -- did NOT work.
Then tried to redeem for any of Aero - Milk, Gold, Dark, Coffee Crisp, and then even regular Kit Kat bar ... -- and NONE of them worked :(

I convinced the clerk to give it to me ... he took a picture of my redemption screen ... and finally said OK ... -- so I told him I'll take Kit Kat Green Tea bar (it's weight was inside the allowed bracket ... even though it probably wouldn't work, if redemption was working) ... and he let me have it.
So I am happy about it ... - finally I'll get to try this Green Tea Kit Kat :)

After that ... -- I didn't bother trying to redeem from any of our 3 other books ... as the only one expiring on Aug. 3 was the same coupon for Nestle bar... and I knew it will not work more likely.
Other coupon I think was Free Medium Coffee, expiring on August 17 (lots of time for this one) ... so I didn't bother with it either for now ... and that was it for today basically.

If anyone successfully redeem for the Nestle chocolate bar or the Medium Coffee (from the new coupon book) -- do let us know here ... and hopefully Circle K will just fix those ... and they'd be working okay the next time around.

BTW ... this new book is somewhat different. -- after selecting your age and then your province ... and after choosing which freebie to redeem -- the books asks for your mobile number, where they send the "Claim" link, if you provide your mobile phone number to them.

KInda different from previous coupon books.
Images
  • WP_20200722_14_33_34_Pro.jpg