Freebies

[Circle K / Mac's] Coupon Book w/ Free and BOGO coupons (MUST have mobile phone w/ internet to redeem) (BC, AB, SK, MB, NWT)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 11:24 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11501 posts
4640 upvotes
The Kit Kat Green Tea is kinda chitty (to me anyhow) ... I would not get it again.

The regular Kit Kat for example is way better than the Green Tea one.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5574 posts
1702 upvotes
I will wait until next week to try the free chocolate bar coupon, unless someone says it works.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11501 posts
4640 upvotes
Was at Circle K today again.

Cashed out latest Rock Paper Prizes winnings ( 2 salt and vinegar chips, 1 water and i got lucky - i won some fancy bottle - 710 ml of some PowerAde drink :) )

And then asked the guy if the Nestle chocolate bars were working today (yesterday they were NOT) ... and he said "yes".

So I ended up getting 3 Coffee Crisp bars (felt like it for some reason) from 3 books of ours ... -- the forth book - I got Kit Kat chitty Green Tea bar yesterday (when the coupon wasn't working) as good will from the store ... So today I redeemed for 1 medium Coffee / tea from that book.

All in all it was pretty good haul at Circle K today :D
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11501 posts
4640 upvotes
By the way,

It was pretty weird stuff happening today in all 4 Rock Paper Prizes books ... all redeemed coupons re-appeared in the book for some reason / "came back to the surface", so to speak (not sure if they are still there as I speak, or if they went away now), but when you went to any of them and tried to redeem 'em -- they'd say already redeemed.
So after trying few of those to check 'em out - ... I just ignored them after that ... and redeemed from the last won freebie in the book -- that I knew was a "fresh" won freebie :)
May 10, 2011
107 posts
65 upvotes
Edmonton
Darkman wrote: By the way,

It was pretty weird stuff happening today in all 4 Rock Paper Prizes books ... all redeemed coupons re-appeared in the book for some reason / "came back to the surface", so to speak (not sure if they are still there as I speak, or if they went away now), but when you went to any of them and tried to redeem 'em -- they'd say already redeemed.
So after trying few of those to check 'em out - ... I just ignored them after that ... and redeemed from the last won freebie in the book -- that I knew was a "fresh" won freebie :)
It is solved. I had the same issue! Glad it is back to normal!
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5574 posts
1702 upvotes
Darkman wrote: By the way,

Yes, this happened yesterday. I was able to get some additional freebies from this.

At 9am pacific time it was not corrected, but it was after 11am pacific time.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5574 posts
1702 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Was at Circle K today again.

Cashed out latest Rock Paper Prizes winnings ( 2 salt and vinegar chips, 1 water and i got lucky - i won some fancy bottle - 710 ml of some PowerAde drink :) )

And then asked the guy if the Nestle chocolate bars were working today (yesterday they were NOT) ... and he said "yes".

So I ended up getting 3 Coffee Crisp bars (felt like it for some reason) from 3 books of ours ... -- the forth book - I got Kit Kat chitty Green Tea bar yesterday (when the coupon wasn't working) as good will from the store ... So today I redeemed for 1 medium Coffee / tea from that book.

All in all it was pretty good haul at Circle K today :D
I also asked the guy working today if the chocolate coupons were working, and he said yes.

I got 2 coffee crisps, Kit Kat chunky caramel, and an aero gold.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11501 posts
4640 upvotes
Balduno wrote: I also asked the guy working today if the chocolate coupons were working, and he said yes.

I got 2 coffee crisps, Kit Kat chunky caramel, and an aero gold.
What's this one like? ... What does it represent (the gold part)? :)
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5574 posts
1702 upvotes
Darkman wrote: What's this one like? ... What does it represent (the gold part)? :)
Not sure exactly, but it’s lighter in colour inside, at least according to the photo. I didn’t want to get the regular one. They also had a dark one for the Aero, but I wasn’t sure if it was accepted. The wording on the package is different from the coupon. I suppose I could have tried that.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11501 posts
4640 upvotes
I think it said on the coupon that all Aero(s) are included -- or dark, regular and gold in particular.

Check it out when get a chance.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11501 posts
4640 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Thanks for the reminder.

I checked mine .... Some coupons expire August 3 or something like that ... other coupons expire August 17 ... -- there are few more coupons showing in the book "darkened" somewhat, with "Coming Soon" on them, but you can still see (even though they are "darkened") their expiry date, which is August 17 as well.

From Freebies I noticed ... -- Free Nestle chocolate bar 32 gr - 60 gr ... and possibly limited to the ones listed on the coupon .... and a Free Medium Coffee.

If anyone tries to redeem any of those freebies ... - do let us know here ... I am not getting to Circle-K way until tomorrow sometime ...

P.S.

Also the coupon books design changed somewhat seemingly ... -- Looks like before entering your book you have to select your age now (13 or so ... OR ... 19 and older) and then select your Province. I tried selecting Quebec, Ontario and few others (just for the heck of it ... and good thing I didn't lose my coupons, because it brings you back to the original screen with every screen refresh) -- And many of those provinces are SOL ... Quebec is showing some weird stuff ( aka "In French" lol ) .... Ontario etc are showing "Play Rock Paper Prizes game".

Wondering if people in those provinces select some other / participating province and go to cash out the coupon to their local Circle-K ... -- wondering what will happen. :)
Well ... in one of our 4 books I had "Alberta" chosen for the province.

It had all the same coupons that other provinces had ... plus one more some "Lucky" lottery ticket or something like that.

So I was in Winnipeg Circle K the other week ... redeeming some of our freebies ... and asked the clerk if he had that Lucky or Lucky 7 (or whatever it was called) lottery ticket ... and he said "yes".

So I tried to redeem for it (just the same way as you would redeem for your other items) ... and it didn't work ... Didn't want to go through.

More likely cuz that coupon was to be redeemed at Alberta Circle K's only.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11501 posts
4640 upvotes
Was at Circle K yesterday ... redeeming some of Rock Paper Prizes winnings ...

And then happened to remember about this coupon book (the one in this thread) .... Opened it ( I had all current working freebies redeemed in it already ) ... and noticed that coupons that had "Coming Soon" on them were now finally working.

Among them was / is a coupon for a free Joker.

So we redeemed for 4 free jokers via our four coupon books.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11501 posts
4640 upvotes
Hey Balduno ...

Did you consume any Circle K's Favorites Salt and Vinegar chips lately by any chance? (either via this book or via Rock Paper Prizes game etc)?

Simply wondering ... cuz ... Remember I wrote that their / Favorites Regular chips had some strange taste to it (that I didn't like).

Then you told me that you are taking Salt and Vinegar chips from there and it tastes fine.

So ( on your advice, you can say :) ), I started to take their Salt and Vinegar chips also ... and liked it actually ... it had a decent Salt and Vinegar taste with no stupid taste, lol

So from then on ... I only take the Salt and Vinegar one (if they carry it in stock).

Lately however ... I noticed something ... and almost time after time ... (and to add, that the expiry on it is fine ... -- for example the bag that I just opened expires on Dec. something, 2020) ... It taste WAY too Vinegary ... to a point where you can't even eat it ... or can't finish the small bag ... it so strong (the vinegar, acid or whatever in it) that you can feel it ... and feel like it burns your throat and gut etc..
I'd say ... it's not a normal taste, for human consumption anyhow.

Did you notice something like that lately? ... Where I'd say a month or two ago -- it was still fine ... - tasted grade. So seems like it's happening in more recent batches.

Simply wondering ... that's all.

I am looking at the bag now ... no tall free number on it .. but says you can leave feedback about any Favorites product on their website ( but I am planning to call to their head office instead on Monday ... and let someone there know about it verbally ... instead of leaving some feedback comment ).

So looking at bag's ingredients it indicates: C/P:

ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable oil, Seasoning (corn maltodextrin, lactose, sodium diacetate, citric acid, malic acid), Salt.

Contains: Milk

--------

Not sure if that's the case ... but that "citric acid" (plus they add some other acid) ... is a heavy-duty stuff ... very very strong ...

some stores, spice stores don't even sell it ... One can get it in Winnipeg maybe in two stores that I am aware of (some spice world place - more expensive ... and some other spice place, that's more like a wholesale place that is open to pubic .. there they sell it in 1 KG i think, lol ... good quality and the price is way cheaper than if you would buy it in small quantity elsewere).
My mother wanted some for "here and there" in cooking (sometimes one can add a VERY LITTLE amount to a soup etc (if want a somewhat sour taste in it) ... SO i found that place ... and we went there ... and she bought that stuff in big(ger) size.

All I am saying ... maybe they are (all of a sudden) putting way too much of that acid into their chips for one reason or another ... made at some place in Laval, QC .... Maybe COVID went to their heads there or something ....

WTF, basically ...

Gonna call the head office on Monday (if remember to do so) ... and have a friendly conversation with them there about that product ... let them go and test it, try to consume it for themselves :D
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5574 posts
1702 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Hey Balduno ...

Did you consume any Circle K's Favorites Salt and Vinegar chips lately by any chance? (either via this book or via Rock Paper Prizes game etc)?

Simply wondering ... cuz ... Remember I wrote that their / Favorites Regular chips had some strange taste to it (that I didn't like).

Then you told me that you are taking Salt and Vinegar chips from there and it tastes fine.

So ( on your advice, you can say :) ), I started to take their Salt and Vinegar chips also ... and liked it actually ... it had a decent Salt and Vinegar taste with no stupid taste, lol

So from then on ... I only take the Salt and Vinegar one (if they carry it in stock).

Lately however ... I noticed something ... and almost time after time ... (and to add, that the expiry on it is fine ... -- for example the bag that I just opened expires on Dec. something, 2020) ... It taste WAY too Vinegary ... to a point where you can't even eat it ... or can't finish the small bag ... it so strong (the vinegar, acid or whatever in it) that you can feel it ... and feel like it burns your throat and gut etc..
I'd say ... it's not a normal taste, for human consumption anyhow.

Did you notice something like that lately? ... Where I'd say a month or two ago -- it was still fine ... - tasted grade. So seems like it's happening in more recent batches.

Simply wondering ... that's all.

I am looking at the bag now ... no tall free number on it .. but says you can leave feedback about any Favorites product on their website ( but I am planning to call to their head office instead on Monday ... and let someone there know about it verbally ... instead of leaving some feedback comment ).

So looking at bag's ingredients it indicates: C/P:

ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable oil, Seasoning (corn maltodextrin, lactose, sodium diacetate, citric acid, malic acid), Salt.

Contains: Milk

--------

Not sure if that's the case ... but that "citric acid" (plus they add some other acid) ... is a heavy-duty stuff ... very very strong ...

some stores, spice stores don't even sell it ... One can get it in Winnipeg maybe in two stores that I am aware of (some spice world place - more expensive ... and some other spice place, that's more like a wholesale place that is open to pubic .. there they sell it in 1 KG i think, lol ... good quality and the price is way cheaper than if you would buy it in small quantity elsewere).
My mother wanted some for "here and there" in cooking (sometimes one can add a VERY LITTLE amount to a soup etc (if want a somewhat sour taste in it) ... SO i found that place ... and we went there ... and she bought that stuff in big(ger) size.

All I am saying ... maybe they are (all of a sudden) putting way too much of that acid into their chips for one reason or another ... made at some place in Laval, QC .... Maybe COVID went to their heads there or something ....

WTF, basically ...

Gonna call the head office on Monday (if remember to do so) ... and have a friendly conversation with them there about that product ... let them go and test it, try to consume it for themselves :D
I did get a bag of salt and vinegar chips yesterday from the other contest, but I didn’t eat it yet. I have quite a few bags already at home. I did eat a salt & vinegar bag the other day, but it was from at least a month ago when I got it.

So no, I haven’t noticed any change. I like regular flavour as well.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5574 posts
1702 upvotes
The salt and vinegar chips I ate the other day had a best before date of early September. The bag I picked up the other day has a December best before date, like the one you recently ate. I will let you know when I eat it.