Freebies

[Circle K / Mac's] Coupon Book w/ Free and BOGO coupons (MUST have mobile phone w/ internet to redeem) (BC, AB, SK, MB, NWT)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 11:24 am
Mar 20, 2006
345 posts
113 upvotes
I am not sure if it is the flavour or expiry date but they may taste different for some reason. I got a couple of bags from one store and those were pretty good. So I went for another two a couple of weeks later from a different store and the same flavours tasted gross and oily. I am thinking may be how they were stored or handled before being put on racks made chips disintegrate oil and spoiled the taste.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11485 posts
4634 upvotes
Balduno wrote:
I did get a bag of salt and vinegar chips yesterday from the other contest, but I didn’t eat it yet. I have quite a few bags already at home. I did eat a salt & vinegar bag the other day, but it was from at least a month ago when I got it.

So no, I haven’t noticed any change. I like regular flavour as well.
Balduno wrote: The salt and vinegar chips I ate the other day had a best before date of early September. The bag I picked up the other day has a December best before date, like the one you recently ate. I will let you know when I eat it.
Ya ... Let me know please ... when try more recently made Salt and Vinegar ones.

I am going to complain about it tomorrow in any case.

I prefer the Regular chips anyhow (even if Salt and Vinegar one has no issues) ... But the bag of Circle K's own - Favorites Regular Chip - that i tried ... had some stupid taste to it, can't even describe it ... like maybe they are using some chip oil etc ...

The Regular Lays, No Name etc chips --- taste good without this stupid taste ... ( that's the reason I started to take Salt and Vinegar one at Circle K ... if their Regular was OK, I would not bother with Salt and Vinegar one to start with ).

Do you like their Regular's taste? Maybe I'll try it again --- I have one bag here from last week, I think ... They didn't have Salt and Vinegar in stock ... so I just took the Regular one ... Figured maybe will give it another try, plus Salt and Vinegar is also screwed up nowadays, lol. And I don't like any other flavor. I don't mind Ketchup one occasionally. But Circle K's Ketchup is stupid taste also -- cheap taste and way too sweet.

The conclusion is: Circle K does NOT manufacture a very good chips. My conclusion anyhow.

Let me know.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11485 posts
4634 upvotes
2good wrote: I am not sure if it is the flavour or expiry date but they may taste different for some reason. I got a couple of bags from one store and those were pretty good. So I went for another two a couple of weeks later from a different store and the same flavours tasted gross and oily. I am thinking may be how they were stored or handled before being put on racks made chips disintegrate oil and spoiled the taste.
But current Vinegar ones are just WAY TOO acidy ... to the point where you simply can't consume it.

My wife can confirm this as well ... Previously she said Salt And Vinegar of theirs was okay ... but they current one should couldn't eat more than one chip. It's just TOO STRONG. (the vinegar or citric acid in it).
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5566 posts
1695 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Ya ... Let me know please ... when try more recently made Salt and Vinegar ones.

I am going to complain about it tomorrow in any case.

I prefer the Regular chips anyhow (even if Salt and Vinegar one has no issues) ... But the bag of Circle K's own - Favorites Regular Chip - that i tried ... had some stupid taste to it, can't even describe it ... like maybe they are using some chip oil etc ...

The Regular Lays, No Name etc chips --- taste good without this stupid taste ... ( that's the reason I started to take Salt and Vinegar one at Circle K ... if their Regular was OK, I would not bother with Salt and Vinegar one to start with ).

Do you like their Regular's taste? Maybe I'll try it again --- I have one bag here from last week, I think ... They didn't have Salt and Vinegar in stock ... so I just took the Regular one ... Figured maybe will give it another try, plus Salt and Vinegar is also screwed up nowadays, lol. And I don't like any other flavor. I don't mind Ketchup one occasionally. But Circle K's Ketchup is stupid taste also -- cheap taste and way too sweet.

The conclusion is: Circle K does NOT manufacture a very good chips. My conclusion anyhow.

Let me know.
I agree. Their chips don’t taste the best.

I don’t want to try the All Dressed because those have MSG in them.

I like regular because the ingredients are minimal. I pretty much only get regular or salt & vinegar.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11485 posts
4634 upvotes
I contacted Circle K today about this chips ... ended up talking to Customer Service (they generally handle any sort of complaints).

Told the girl everything that I could about this situation.

She told me she's going to submit the complaint to proper people and that someone will call me in a day or two.

Then short time after some guy called me ... from Alberta ... Manager for supplying stuff like chips etc to all the stores ... I told him everything again ... He then asked me to send him some pictures of the chips ... including open bag with some chips in it. Those chips are distributed by some place in Laval, Quebec (as indicated on the package) ... but they manufactured in Ontario somewhere.

So I did what he asked ... send him several pics of the chips with expiry date etc shown on the packages ...
Then I actually located another unopened bag of chips that already expired in June 2020 ... I opened it, smelled it (it smelled totally OK) ... and had some (quite a bit actually) ... and that bag tasted WAY better than the current "problem" ones ... -- Then Vinegar / Acid level in it was normal or acceptable for consumption, at the very least.

Sent him the picture of that bag as well ... Hopefully something will get done ... I asked him to call me back about it with any update to the issue.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5566 posts
1695 upvotes
Darkman wrote: I contacted Circle K today about this chips ... ended up talking to Customer Service (they generally handle any sort of complaints).

Told the girl everything that I could about this situation.

She told me she's going to submit the complaint to proper people and that someone will call me in a day or two.

Then short time after some guy called me ... from Alberta ... Manager for supplying stuff like chips etc to all the stores ... I told him everything again ... He then asked me to send him some pictures of the chips ... including open bag with some chips in it. Those chips are distributed by some place in Laval, Quebec (as indicated on the package) ... but they manufactured in Ontario somewhere.

So I did what he asked ... send him several pics of the chips with expiry date etc shown on the packages ...
Then I actually located another unopened bag of chips that already expired in June 2020 ... I opened it, smelled it (it smelled totally OK) ... and had some (quite a bit actually) ... and that bag tasted WAY better than the current "problem" ones ... -- Then Vinegar / Acid level in it was normal or acceptable for consumption, at the very least.

Sent him the picture of that bag as well ... Hopefully something will get done ... I asked him to call me back about it with any update to the issue.
If you check the thread in contests about the Circle K Rock Paper Scissors game, there’s a discussion going on about the chips taste.

I tagged you in a post there, but my posts needs to be approved by an admin.
Sep 10, 2010
575 posts
1271 upvotes
New coupons in the book. Two freebies in mine. Small Froster & Hot dog. (My circle ks haven't been selling the hot dogs for a while because of covid)
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11485 posts
4634 upvotes
jnunavut wrote: New coupons in the book. Two freebies in mine. Small Froster & Hot dog. (My circle ks haven't been selling the hot dogs for a while because of covid)
... or Swirl. :D

These book's new coupons expire on September 14, 2020, by the looks of it.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5566 posts
1695 upvotes
I think the Circle K’s around me are selling the hot dogs again.

I haven’t had one since probably about a year ago, from whatever contest they were running then.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5566 posts
1695 upvotes
Nestle single bar shows up for me today.
Images
  • A29C9C1B-1F6D-48D0-A947-D5605AD7AFC6.png
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5566 posts
1695 upvotes
Nestle single bar coupon works.

Redeemed for Kit Kat Chunky Caramel.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11485 posts
4634 upvotes
Made it to Circle K earlier today ...

Redeemed 1 chips from Rock Paper Prizes ... LOL ... took Salt & Vinegar (regardless what I wrote about it few days ago) ... was going to get some other flavor (like All Dressed maybe) ...but then saw the expiry date on Salt & Vinegar one ... and it wasn't Dec 16, 2020 (as in those "bad" batches) .. but it was some day in January, 2021 already..

So couldn't resist but get it ... and then check out how it tastes when end up opening it (maybe tomorrow or the next day)

Also redeemed for a medium froster (also from the game).

And redeemed all 4 chocolate bars (via our four books) ... redeemed for 4 coffee crisp bars :)
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5566 posts
1695 upvotes
I went to redeem some prizes earlier and wanted to get a regular chips, but they were out of it. All the dates for the chips they had were in December.

It was raining, and I noticed a homeless guy sitting outside the store. I asked him if he wanted a hot dog, and he said yes. So I got him a hot dog and a water. I hope others will help out those who really need it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11485 posts
4634 upvotes
^ ... There was a hot dog station at the Circle K I was at yesterday ... but they closed it again (the lady said) after re-opening it briefly.

The one I went last year .. - not sure if they have hot dogs open there or not... maybe will call them ... I suspect they don't sell hot dogs in Winnipeg yet ... or due to a bit of a spike in a virus lately.