Price:
$3.99
Savings:
~50% off
Expiry:
August 16, 2021
Retailer:
Circle K
Circle K has the Reese's Half Pound Cup (226g) for a limited time for $3.99 (until August 16, 2021).
Most, if not all stores, should have them by the cashier.
Do note, Circle K is open 24 hours a day.

London Drugs has it on sale also for $3.99 and regular price there is $6.99...

UPDATE: Seems only an Ontario offer. Regular price at Circle K is supposedly $8.99.
Images
  • circlekcup.jpg
Last edited by funhouse on Aug 9th, 2021 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity"
21 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2112 posts
14506 upvotes
Forgive me because I’m a little stoned right now but at $3.99 for 226g is this not worse value than just buying 4x single serving size for $0.99 each?
Nov 9, 2013
848 posts
918 upvotes
Barrie
Leverage wrote: Forgive me because I’m a little stoned right now but at $3.99 for 226g is this not worse value than just buying 4x single serving size for $0.99 each?
I could be wrong, but I think the standard size is only 43 grams. At that size you need about 5¼ packages.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5791 posts
3335 upvotes
For Reese's cups the snack size which is an 8 pack with 124g total is $2 at dollarama and Walmart.

Used to be 10 with 156g but they lowered it last year I think.

They also sell a bag over at Dollar Tree but don't recall the amount you get.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2675 posts
3163 upvotes
Or wait 86 more days, and you will be able find great deals on reese cups, and every other candy for that matter.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33243 posts
15057 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Forgive me because I’m a little stoned right now but at $3.99 for 226g is this not worse value than just buying 4x single serving size for $0.99 each?
Buying a bunch of regular sized cups is not the same thing. For one thing the novelty factor isn't there, for another thing you can't do a "half pound Reese challenge" with those. The half pound cups are massive and it's a pretty dumb idea to try to eat one yourself in some record-setting time or something but they're fun to like split with someone and get a kick out of how big the thing is and how bad this is for you, trying to eat it lol.

I mean if you go to buy an XL pizza somewhere you don't say "hmmm why don't I just get 8 of those frozen mini pizzas from the grocery store instead", right?
Jan 5, 2007
417 posts
214 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: Or wait 86 more days, and you will be able find great deals on reese cups, and every other candy for that matter.
I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to be a kid and get one of these on Halloween. I'm a fan of Reese cups and everytime I see this in store I'm tempted to try but I'm too old, I'll probably get diabetes and gain 10lbs.
Oct 23, 2019
94 posts
107 upvotes
Is it just me or has the taste changed?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2574 posts
296 upvotes
Winnipeg
Any way to make 13 small bars into 1 GIANT cup and enjoy it like a giant viking?

Because that's the whole point of the GIANT cup.

Good price for this cup. I always buy one for me and the kids at Christmas.

You can't compare it to small cups or bags or bulk. It's like comparing croutons to a loaf of bread or bagel bites to a frozen pizza.
ES_Revenge wrote: Buying a bunch of regular sized cups is not the same thing. For one thing the novelty factor isn't there, for another thing you can't do a "half pound Reese challenge" with those. The half pound cups are massive and it's a pretty dumb idea to try to eat one yourself in some record-setting time or something but they're fun to like split with someone and get a kick out of how big the thing is and how bad this is for you, trying to eat it lol.

I mean if you go to buy an XL pizza somewhere you don't say "hmmm why don't I just get 8 of those frozen mini pizzas from the grocery store instead", right?
Sorry ...I completely missed this post. But it seems like we are on the same page. I agree.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10702 posts
3365 upvotes
ratio is off on these, stick with the normal 3 pack peanut butter cups, although the king size with pieces inside are really good.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1972 posts
1656 upvotes
Pickering
renoldman wrote: For Reese's cups the snack size which is an 8 pack with 124g total is $2 at dollarama and Walmart.

Used to be 10 with 156g but they lowered it last year I think.

They also sell a bag over at Dollar Tree but don't recall the amount you get.

It's only 124g now? That's a 20% reduction :(

I use to get those all the time, too.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $66.5/45GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5791 posts
3335 upvotes
Richard1986 wrote: It's only 124g now? That's a 20% reduction :( .

I use to get those all the time, too.
Yeah, used to be 10 of them and they reduced to 8.
Nov 17, 2016
205 posts
169 upvotes
I had one of these, it took me three days to finish and I really like chocolate bars. It tastes like you'd expect and has the same texture but I have a small preference to the normal sized cups instead. It's good to try once if you can avoid eating it in one sitting.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2490 posts
1809 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Dbatman wrote: Is it just me or has the taste changed?
You mean of Reese cups in general? They’ve been reformulated multiple times over the years.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1630 posts
1169 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
I prefer the big cup 79g they are $1.25 regular price Dollar Tree.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2971 posts
1620 upvotes
B.C.
Dbatman wrote: Is it just me or has the taste changed?
For the better or for the worse?

I find the half pound cup nasty. I've only tried it once and the peanut butter was like dirt. It did seem less salty than regular reeses peanut butter.
Dec 15, 2017
834 posts
938 upvotes
I don't understand, you're buying 1/2 lb of shitty peanut butter for $4? Now the chocolate ratio is all off. Why don't you just buy a jar of peanut butter and eat it with a spoon?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2574 posts
296 upvotes
Winnipeg
miningminer wrote: I don't understand, you're buying 1/2 lb of shitty peanut butter for $4? Now the chocolate ratio is all off. Why don't you just buy a jar of peanut butter and eat it with a spoon?
Many times these are given to kids or someone who likes peanut butter cups as their friend of loved one sees it at the store and buys it for a laugh.

No, they aren't as good as regular or king sized cups (my favorite) and yes, they aren't a great value. But that's not why they are are or bought by people.

You can't hand your kid a spoon, jar of peanut butter and a slab of bulk chocolate and say "enjoy, I was going to get you a giant 1/2 lb peanut butter cup, but this was 1/3 the price....wash the spoon when you are done "

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)