Careers

Citco - anyone has worked or interviewed before?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 2:58 am
Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
15 posts
3 upvotes

Citco - anyone has worked or interviewed before?

I have an interview with Citco tomorrow for a Senior Fund Accountant. I think there will be a test as well. Can someone guide me how to prepare for the interview and the test please?

Will appreciate it. Thanks :)
8 replies
Jan 31, 2007
448 posts
252 upvotes
CITGO is undergoing some major "liquidity" challenges vis a vis their relationship with the Venezuelan gov't. Fund managers are holding off to see if they need to call in their bets (ie seizing assets). First one to do it will trigger a cascade of credit issues. CITGO (at least in its current form) may not be long for this earth.

If you're already gainfully employed and financial stability matters for you, look elsewhere. But if you're a fund accountant, you should already know this.
Jan 31, 2007
448 posts
252 upvotes
Temujin1 wrote: CITGO is undergoing some major "liquidity" challenges vis a vis their relationship with the Venezuelan gov't. Fund managers are holding off to see if they need to call in their bets (ie seizing assets). First one to do it will trigger a cascade of credit issues. CITGO (at least in its current form) may not be long for this earth.

If you're already gainfully employed and financial stability matters for you, look elsewhere. But if you're a fund accountant, you should already know this.
Whoops, my apologies, just re-read. Your advice was on CITCO, not CITGO. Please ignore. Damn these companies and their made up acronyms....
[OP]
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
15 posts
3 upvotes
I know that Fund Accountant is a shit industry to work. The companies are always short staffed and have too much expectations for employees and underpay them. However, at least it's better than taxi or other odd jobs. I need to pursue some career before it's too late. The good thing about Fund Accountant is that one doesn't need a degree or designation after University. I have seen managers with 5-6 years of experience with just university degrees. They did not even do a CSC certification.

Citco and State Street are top companies to work for Fund Accountant
Nov 20, 2008
324 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax, N.S.
It has been a while, but when I was still in the industry (NOT Citco though) and used to interview for such positions, I would essentially be on the lookout for candidates with following skills -
1) Above average to excellent MS Excel skills.
2) Good understanding of financial instruments like equities, bonds, futures, options and events like M&A, stock, dividends and interest payments etc.
3) Fair understanding of complex instruments and derivatives like Swaps, CFD, forwards, ascots etc.
4) Great speaking skills and pleasing personality - making that great first impression and generating long term rapport with client is really valuable.

Depending on the team or management, it could be a great gig or other could be a pain. But, you will learn a LOT in a short amount of time if you work as a fund accountant (v/s as an Operations analyst).

I wish you all the best. Looking back, I am grateful for my time in the industry, even though at the time it felt like a stream of unlimited work.
Sep 16, 2017
346 posts
235 upvotes
why do people complain about a "stream of unlimited work" what else do you think you are going to be there for? LOL
Nov 20, 2008
324 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax, N.S.
OP, how is your prep coming along? Any follow-up questions?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5100 posts
1276 upvotes
Nameless, faceless, thankless job in a windowless room.

Answering for, 'the definition of' ...
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."