Expired Hot Deals

Cities: Skylines Bundle - Humble bundle $1.25 complete bundle for $25

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 3:10 pm
Jul 19, 2012
87 posts
224 upvotes
Their March update forced you to install a new launcher that requires you to create a Paradox account before you can play the game. So Steam now launches the Paradox launcher, which you have to sign in from and launch the game from, and it shows ads for their other games too. It also makes you accept an EULA before you can play. Why?? So they can mine data? It was a great game and I spent hours in it, but they got too greedy imo.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2194 posts
843 upvotes
actng wrote: so i'm reading up on this now i'm fascinated.
i figured out the part where they help publishers get a second wave of purchases several months or several years in some cases after initial release. so in a way it's money that the publisher never would've seen without humblebundle. so unless they worked out a deal with the publisher to get the titles for free, and only distributing money to them if the users allocate money to the publisher, i don't see how humble can make money?

i'm also fascinated how people don't just pay $0.01 or the minimum $1.50 to get the steam copy and run. like with toilet paper and RFD hoarding, you would think the majority of people are ******* that look out for just themselves.

part of why i'm asking so many questions is i want to understand and support a sustainable platform before i commit money to it. that and i saw alipay logo so just wondering if i'm supporting a CCP enterprise.
Most people are fair and they more than make up for the trolls when it comes to how much they pay.

It has been around a long time and you get Steam keys so even if they stopped their wonderful work you would still keep your games on Steam.

It really is a win-win-win depending on how you see things and how you divide your allocation of funds!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1836 posts
2166 upvotes
Toronto
I grabbed the $25 tier. Easily worth the money..
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2194 posts
843 upvotes
What is the best package?

The best deal is the minimum but with the average at 12 bucks clearly most people aren't buying the minimum package.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1891 posts
787 upvotes
Calgary
Got $25 tier, codes work with Steam as long as you pay more than $1.50 CAD.
Last edited by blind56 on May 26th, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1264 posts
1171 upvotes
actng wrote: first time hearing it right here.
so how does the developer get paid when i send all $25 to tip ? or $25 to charities?

how does this site and developers make money ??
they don't, so if you're concerned about it, maybe think about something more like an equal split

but it's your choice

they make money because humble bundle has a huge mailing list, and just exposure to such a gigantic marketing machine allows them to make coin from impulse shoppers who would have never picked up the game otherwise anyways

and they make money because humble bundle doesn't take a cut from the developer like other marketplaces do (sometimes upwards of 30%) and has no marketing overhead

and they make money because they're banking on the idea that you will make a fair decision on where the money should go

and if you give it all to charity that's cool too because the money is going to charity

they've been operating for like a decade now so it apparently does work

think about it too hard and it'll bring you down a path of sleepless nights thinking about how to dismantle capitalism altogether, so just enjoy
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1999 posts
1657 upvotes
Spent way too many hours on Cities: Skylines... fun game. City simulation games aren't for everyone, but the expansions you get at $25 ... that's an amazing price. Picking it up, maybe one day I'll get back to playing the game with the recent (post 2016) expansions.
Last edited by sports1 on May 26th, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 29, 2019
785 posts
638 upvotes
Buy the $25 tier if you can. 6 main content DLC alone is worth the price. If you get the $1.50 you may find you want to buy the main content DLCs which could cost, at minimum, $5 on sale per DLC.
Nov 30, 2009
384 posts
178 upvotes
Already have vanilla.
Cities: Skylines
454JX-6V826-TQIN6
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2194 posts
843 upvotes
I bought the base game for one kid and it worked out fine. I tried to buy it again for my second kid and it wouldn't go through and a message was displayed that HB can only sell so many copies.

I didn't even buy one for myself yet.

We may end up with 1/3 copies that we want.

Clearly, demand is off the charts.
Mar 19, 2015
400 posts
677 upvotes
feminazi wrote: I bought the base game for one kid and it worked out fine. I tried to buy it again for my second kid and it wouldn't go through and a message was displayed that HB can only sell so many copies.

I didn't even buy one for myself yet.

We may end up with 1/3 copies that we want.

Clearly, demand is off the charts.
Nah you just have to buy them in a new email/account. The reason why they lock one bundle purchase per account is so that the customer can pay more than what they originally paid to to get more stuff.

For example if I buy the $1.50 bundle for the main game but find out I like it and want more DLC I would just pay $23.50 more to get everything in the $25 tier.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7666 posts
5168 upvotes
Canada
What kind of gpu do I need?

I have an old Radeon 7790 1gb on a 1440p monitor Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 8, 2014
51 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Is this bundle missing sunset harbour expansion? I have all the expansions except Campus and Industries. Very tempting, still.....
Jul 29, 2019
785 posts
638 upvotes
catastrophy wrote: Is this bundle missing sunset harbour expansion? I have all the expansions except Campus and Industries. Very tempting, still.....
Yup! Only missing Sunset Harbour but given it was recently released, I didn't expect it to be in a bundle like this. You can get Campus and Industries for about $16 when both DLCs are on sale at 50% off. If you want the content packs/some music it may be worth for you to buy the bundle.
Aug 6, 2019
806 posts
1345 upvotes
Ontario
RFDQ1016 wrote: What kind of gpu do I need?

You might struggle there. Once the city becomes pretty big, and have mods running... it may become a slideshow at best, still picture and 30 min load times at worst.

But I'm not saying don't get the game. It's real fun and if you're into city building, it's definitely worth it. And at $1.50 for base game, you're losing a bottle of coke at worst if the game is not to your taste.
Feb 24, 2019
447 posts
698 upvotes
damn already have almost all those DLCs.

Best Humble deal ever if you dont own this
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3865 upvotes
Sure, they can have my 1.5$ for the base game. Can enhance it via workshop with a few mods.

How come now HB charges me in CAD? When I bought Train Simulator last month, I got charged USD...
Jul 29, 2019
785 posts
638 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: What kind of gpu do I need?

I ran this on a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 530 or something like that with upgraded 16 GB of RAM and an intel CPU that I forgot what it was. But the point of me mentioning this is that it was able to run on Intel integrated graphics from 5-6 years ago. Although it performance was horrible with it being under 30 FPS as soon as you get like 20,000 population. You should fare much better with a 1 gb VRAM that you have but more would be better as you grow your city and zoom in to. Skylines is more dependent on CPU and RAM usage particularly with mods.
Jul 29, 2019
785 posts
638 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: Sure, they can have my 1.5$ for the base game. Can enhance it via workshop with a few mods.

How come now HB charges me in CAD? When I bought Train Simulator last month, I got charged USD...
As far as I know, their Store has CAD available since mid-2019 if I remember correctly. I think the bundles was late December 2019. So not sure how you were charged USD. Maybe contact HB if you want a refund as I would presume you paid more due to the currency exchange.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
36790 posts
4962 upvotes
Winnipeg
Andrew4Life wrote: :facepalm:

I can't tell if you're serious or not. Humble Bundle has been around for a long time.

Yes, you can choose where your money goes, but the hopes is of course you give the developer a "fair" share, as well as donating to a worthy cause.

On a side note, if you're into city building games, this game may ruin your life. I've spent way too many hours of my life into the early mornings playing this. Great game!
How hard is it to run a city? I been playing Sim city and it was easy.
WTB amazon gc @90%

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)