Expired Hot Deals

Cities: Skylines Bundle - Humble bundle $1.25 complete bundle for $25

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 3:10 pm
Feb 28, 2006
440 posts
358 upvotes
It's too bad they didn't include 3 of their major DLCs After Dark, Parklife, and Sunset Harbor. Sunset Harbor is understandable since it's their newest DLC, but weird for After Dark since it was their first and oldest DLC. I'm not normally a fan of their model, their regular $230 price for the full package is a bit ridiculous.

This though is a good deal, I'm in.
Jul 1, 2016
953 posts
508 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote: wtf then i have to choose where my $1.50 goes? between charities tip and paradox interactive????
Recoil wrote: if this is difficult for you maybe a city simulation game is not for you
humble bundle is a well-known site and yes, they let you name your own price and decide how you'd like to distribute your payment.
Too much recoil from that initial comment... *ba-dum-tsssssss*

*has left the building*
Pixelation~
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3864 upvotes
VanillaDonut wrote: As far as I know, their Store has CAD available since mid-2019 if I remember correctly. I think the bundles was late December 2019. So not sure how you were charged USD. Maybe contact HB if you want a refund as I would presume you paid more due to the currency exchange.
I got charged USD

humble-train-simulator-2020-1-00-2352994/3/#p32117871

Then 2 posts down someone said they always charge USD...
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1203 posts
846 upvotes
London, ON
Messerschmitt wrote: That makes sense. Thanks

$1.5 CAD is higher than $1 USD, even with conversion fees. So in fact, we are losing out
Yeah, but I suspect on Humble's end, transaction fees take a bigger chunk out of smaller payments, percentage-wise—especially foreign ones. Also, an extra 8¢ per bundle isn't that big a deal.

Conversions on higher tiers are generally decent. For example, this one is $18 USD / $25 CAD. That's not far from a straight conversion, and probably cheaper after typical conversion fees.
Aug 17, 2012
411 posts
540 upvotes
Victoria
$25 tier is a no brainer at this price... I spent so many hours on the vanilla game. Tried to get into the PS4 version but it wasn't the same without a mouse. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2078 posts
470 upvotes
St. Johns
So just to confirm if I go with the $25 package the codes will work on steam?
Mar 19, 2015
400 posts
677 upvotes
RyanS219 wrote: So just to confirm if I go with the $25 package the codes will work on steam?
Yep they all do. You'll get keys that you can redeem through a browser or Steam itself
May 25, 2020
164 posts
285 upvotes
Great game and amazing mods. Would have jumped if I didn't already own it.
Nov 4, 2015
72 posts
54 upvotes
Sudbury
In for the $25.00 version thank you OP

Confirmed all codes worked on Steam
Jan 24, 2016
53 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Already spent over 800 hrs on this, it's a good game.
Mar 15, 2019
33 posts
25 upvotes
I bought the base game and every DLC as soon as they came out. $25 is a no brainer.
Sep 17, 2015
152 posts
501 upvotes
BC
Edit: Nevermind it was until April 26th.

Thanks OP!
Jul 23, 2007
340 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Nice to see everyone so positive in here. That PS+ thread wasn't that long ago...
Jul 6, 2008
209 posts
78 upvotes
I'm just worried if my system can handle all the add ons. I'm at 110k population with the traffic mods and it's a little slow. I've got a i5-8250 with 8GB ram.

I had stopped playing the game a couple of years ago, and restarted in lockdown.
Jul 19, 2016
232 posts
259 upvotes
Is the vanilla any good without the DLCs? Huge fan of Civ5 and if someone was planning on getting vanilla Civ5 I'd tell them either buy with the DLCs (minimum get Brave New World) or I wouldn't really bother. Can the same be said for this game or is the vanilla plenty of fun on its own?
Jul 6, 2008
209 posts
78 upvotes
divx wrote: How hard is it to run a city? I been playing Sim city and it was easy.
It's definitely not "easy", as it's very open and you'll eventually run into challenges and wonder why.

Go watch Biffa Plays Indie Games on youtube.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1203 posts
846 upvotes
London, ON
actng wrote: [...]i don't see how humble can make money?

i'm also fascinated how people don't just pay $0.01 or the minimum $1.50 to get the steam copy and run. like with toilet paper and RFD hoarding, you would think the majority of people are ******* that look out for just themselves.

part of why i'm asking so many questions is i want to understand and support a sustainable platform before i commit money to it. that and i saw alipay logo so just wondering if i'm supporting a CCP enterprise.
"Humble Tip" is Humble's cut. The default sliders seem to vary nowadays, and I'm not sure what's typical anymore. For Cities, it's 20%. For this music licence bundle, it's 45%. (That's the highest I've seen by far.) Most people probably won't touch the sliders. They currently have 10 bundles running, which isn't out of the ordinary.

Humble Bundle isn't only the 2-week bundles like this one. They have a traditional store, where their cut is 15%, I believe. They have a Humble Widget option for people to sell their digital content on their own website, where Humble's cut is 5%. They have a monthly subscription bundle called Humble Choice. In recent years, they've started publishing games--notable ones include Slay the Spire, A Hat in Time, Void Bastards, Temtem.

For early bundles, there was no minimum at all. Along the way, they've added $1 USD minimums for Steam keys, and now most low tiers set that floor to get any content. If they weren't OK with it, they'd increase the minimum. (And probably lose some impulse sales, granted.)

Humble Bundle is owned by IGN, which is owned by Ziff-Davis, which is owned by J2 Global, which is a public company HQ in Hollywood. (No idea about individual ownership beyond that.)
Last edited by AnonymousBroccoli on May 26th, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)