Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Citizen watch at Amazon.ca @68% discountCA0030-52E Silver Titanium Analog Quartz

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 11:14 am
[OP]
Feb 22, 2003
230 posts
8 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Citizen watch at Amazon.ca @68% discountCA0030-52E Silver Titanium Analog Quartz

Citizen Men's Eco Drive Chronograph Titanium CA0030-52E Silver Titanium Analog Quartz Watch with Black Dial on sale for $262 although regular price of $811 seems inflated.

What do you folks think.. Good price for the watch?
as
27 replies
[OP]
Feb 22, 2003
230 posts
8 upvotes
Lol... Have no connection to the vendor... I was looking for a Skyhawk and came across this. Would be interested in knowing your guys opinion on this.
as
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1143 posts
929 upvotes
Everywhere
next time post the inflated price in the title instead of the inflated discount.

thanks.
Jan 7, 2013
92 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
If only this watch had a black bracelet.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1506 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
very good deal if real.

titanium watches are usually more expensive than this; especially for citizens.

you'll feel a noticeable difference in weight - it's much lighter vs. steel.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3353 posts
1559 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
The worst thing about Quartz watches is you have to replace the battery. In return, they are extremely accurate. Switzerland or Japan ranking ahead of other countries. Luckily, Eco-Drives eliminate the battery problem by using solar energy in the face to recharge the power source. This watch also has a chronograph (for timing) and a tachymeter (for speed). Titanium is great for people who don't like to feel their watches on their wrists as it is much lighter than stainless steel. Sapphire window is always a must. At 10 Bar, it's definitely not a diving watch but good for around the lake and in the shower. The second hand is 5 beats which is decent. No split-time function. Chronograph only to 60 minutes.

Things I've read about this model is that the date will have to be reset every month as it doesn't account for which exact month it is and that also the Titanium is very soft and thus easily scratched and dented.

Personally, I hate the watch. I don't really get down with Quartz unless I really love the design and I don't love this design at all. I think tachymeters are basically useless so I'd rather go with something like this if you can find it. All the same features (minus the tachymeter) without all the clutter. It's also "Super Titanium" which is 5 times harder yet 40% lighter.

Citizens are always solid watches but they are also known for value so just take the list price with a grain of salt when making your decision.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7737 posts
1626 upvotes
Having owned a few Eco-Drives, I think people should know that the battery inside would still die and it will die much sooner than Citizen would have you believe. I have one that died within the first few years and now have a very expensive rechargeable battery that needs to be replaced, which didn't last any longer than others just even harder and more costly to source.

Secondly, while Titanium is light, it scratches much much more easier than Stainless Steel. Personally dont think Titanium should be used on a watch
djdestroyer wrote: The worst thing about Quartz watches is you have to replace the battery. In return, they are extremely accurate. Switzerland or Japan ranking ahead of other countries. Luckily, Eco-Drives eliminate the battery problem by using solar energy in the face to recharge the power source. This watch also has a chronograph (for timing) and a tachymeter (for speed). Titanium is great for people who don't like to feel their watches on their wrists as it is much lighter than stainless steel. Sapphire window is always a must. At 10 Bar, it's definitely not a diving watch but good for around the lake and in the shower. The second hand is 5 beats which is decent. No split-time function. Chronograph only to 60 minutes.

Things I've read about this model is that the date will have to be reset every month as it doesn't account for which exact month it is and that also the Titanium is very soft and thus easily scratched and dented.

Personally, I hate the watch. I don't really get down with Quartz unless I really love the design and I don't love this design at all. I think tachymeters are basically useless so I'd rather go with something like this if you can find it. All the same features (minus the tachymeter) without all the clutter. It's also "Super Titanium" which is 5 times harder yet 40% lighter.

Citizens are always solid watches but they are also known for value so just take the list price with a grain of salt when making your decision.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3353 posts
1559 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
hdom wrote: Having owned a few Eco-Drives, I think people should know that the battery inside would still die and it will die much sooner than Citizen would have you believe. I have one that died within the first few years and now have a very expensive rechargeable battery that needs to be replaced, which didn't last any longer than others just even harder and more costly to source.

Secondly, while Titanium is light, it scratches much much more easier than Stainless Steel. Personally dont think Titanium should be used on a watch
My Eco-Drive is going on 4 years with no service or replacements. Also, if you read my entire comment you would have noticed this: "the Titanium is very soft and thus easily scratched and dented".

I also gave a link to an almost identical watch that has Super Titanium that is 5 times harder than stainless steel.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1960 posts
373 upvotes
Aurora
hdom wrote: Having owned a few Eco-Drives, I think people should know that the battery inside would still die and it will die much sooner than Citizen would have you believe. I have one that died within the first few years and now have a very expensive rechargeable battery that needs to be replaced, which didn't last any longer than others just even harder and more costly to source.
Jus to offer a different point of view, my eco drive is still going strong after 12 years. That includes a couple times of it sitting in a drawer (no light) for over 6 months at a time.

hdom wrote: Secondly, while Titanium is light, it scratches much much more easier than Stainless Steel. Personally dont think Titanium should be used on a watch
I heard this too. I never heard of super titanium like posted above yours. Maybe it's an alloy with stainless steel :)
Jan 6, 2008
368 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto

I have currently 3 Eco-drive watches. The oldest one is the first Skyhawk titanium which I purchased in 2000. Still going strong and never replaced the rechargeable battery. That goes for all of them. Having to replace it in a few years shows an uncommon defect and should not be generalized.
Sep 21, 2003
331 posts
40 upvotes
ottawa
parimal wrote: Citizen Men's Eco Drive Chronograph Titanium CA0030-52E Silver Titanium Analog Quartz Watch with Black Dial on sale for $262 although regular price of $811 seems inflated.

What do you folks think.. Good price for the watch?
I bought from the same for $202 (US). Took 6 weeks to get as shipped from HK. All new and excellent watch/light etc had it for 2 months
Sanity is the Playground for the Un-imaginitive
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3353 posts
1559 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
If you guys want a QUALITY watch at a value price, check out the Invicta 8926. This watch has the Seiko NH35a which is a gorgeous 24 jewel, hand-windable, hacking movement. If you want to get even closer to the look of a Rolex Submariner, then you can pay an extra $25 for the coin bezel. Check out the video on that last link where you can see the watch sparkle in real time, it's quite a beautiful automatic timepiece (especially when you consider they can be had for $100).

I also find it funny that the similar watch offering from Seiko priced at $233 has an inferior movement than the 8926.
Jan 28, 2013
320 posts
324 upvotes
Vancouver
djdestroyer wrote: If you guys want a QUALITY watch at a value price, check out the Invicta 8926. This watch has the Seiko NH35a which is a gorgeous 24 jewel, hand-windable, hacking movement. If you want to get even closer to the look of a Rolex Submariner, then you can pay an extra $25 for the coin bezel. Check out the video on that last link where you can see the watch sparkle in real time, it's quite a beautiful automatic timepiece (especially when you consider they can be had for $100).
Don't ever compare Invicta to Rolex. Everyone knows Invicta is the biggest chump brand in watches.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3270 posts
2356 upvotes
I wish every watch deal posted here wasn't so fugly.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1203 posts
505 upvotes
Chambly, QC
Watch looks fine.
But seller seems bogus.
Only 13 evaluations.
I pass
Jul 24, 2009
488 posts
41 upvotes
burbs
razrsharp wrote: I wish every watch deal posted here wasn't so fugly.
+1 what was Citizen thinking with that big white piece running down the middle of the subdials? Barf.

I'm a fan of Citizen but prefer Seiko, however the vast majority of both manufacturers' offerings made available to us in Canada (via amazon, department stores, jewelers) is putrid. JDM is where it's at, or a quality U.S. dealer like Long Island Watch for the more collectible pieces.
Dec 17, 2014
280 posts
58 upvotes
Eastern Canada
djdestroyer wrote: If you guys want a QUALITY watch at a value price, check out the Invicta 8926. This watch has the Seiko NH35a which is a gorgeous 24 jewel, hand-windable, hacking movement. If you want to get even closer to the look of a Rolex Submariner, then you can pay an extra $25 for the coin bezel. Check out the video on that last link where you can see the watch sparkle in real time, it's quite a beautiful automatic timepiece (especially when you consider they can be had for $100).

I also find it funny that the similar watch offering from Seiko priced at $233 has an inferior movement than the 8926.

I agree with you on the 8926 being a sold watch with a great movement, but the bracelets are absolute rubbish and even if you mod you still have the invicta engraving on the case. The 007 is 5x the watch the invicta is at 2x the price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)