Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[City of Edmonton] City of Edmonton - Rec Centre Memberships 35-40% Off ~$24-34/month

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 2:43 pm
Apr 5, 2017
364 posts
275 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Been paying 660 a year at Goodlife for 4 years. Hard to weigh my options here. 411.60 for the year sounds great but I'll only be using one of the locations (Meadows) 95% of the time. Meadows looks nice and has a lot to it including a library. Goodlife I have 3 convenient options (plus Canada wide access if needed), but all I can do there is lift. Once the year is over I'd imagine its back to regular pricing unless I scoop up another deal. If not, I'll have to sign back up with Goodlife and pay close to $800 a year. Then there's the $1000+ World Health tried to saleshustle me in to doing.
Jun 7, 2017
111 posts
90 upvotes
tehwegz wrote: Been paying 660 a year at Goodlife for 4 years. Hard to weigh my options here. 411.60 for the year sounds great but I'll only be using one of the locations (Meadows) 95% of the time. Meadows looks nice and has a lot to it including a library. Goodlife I have 3 convenient options (plus Canada wide access if needed), but all I can do there is lift. Once the year is over I'd imagine its back to regular pricing unless I scoop up another deal. If not, I'll have to sign back up with Goodlife and pay close to $800 a year. Then there's the $1000+ World Health tried to saleshustle me in to doing.
Thanks for your blog update.
Apr 5, 2017
364 posts
275 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
DavidA511606 wrote: Thanks for your blog update.
I'm relaying ideas and building a community of discussion. Thanks for your useless post. Does it make you feel better about yourself?

Put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. I'd rather be hated on than be a hater. -Zyzz, father of aesthetics, son of zeus, brother of hercules.

Also, happy lifting people.
Dec 12, 2019
1 posts
Those of us that have not been "first time" memberships took our concerns about this deal being a "lost leader", and that the city appears to not care about existing members. They said that the City is looking at a sale for renewing memberships.... Hope that this is true...
Nov 16, 2016
584 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
tehwegz wrote: Been paying 660 a year at Goodlife for 4 years. Hard to weigh my options here. 411.60 for the year sounds great but I'll only be using one of the locations (Meadows) 95% of the time. Meadows looks nice and has a lot to it including a library. Goodlife I have 3 convenient options (plus Canada wide access if needed), but all I can do there is lift. Once the year is over I'd imagine its back to regular pricing unless I scoop up another deal. If not, I'll have to sign back up with Goodlife and pay close to $800 a year. Then there's the $1000+ World Health tried to saleshustle me in to doing.
Honestly get a corporate plan for GL. Most people have it, or your friends should be able to get it for you. It's around $450 all facilities.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!