Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

(City of Toronto) Free trees for homeowners delivered to your home

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2021 9:13 am
Sep 4, 2018
178 posts
398 upvotes

(City of Toronto) Free trees for homeowners delivered to your home

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 31, 2021
While supplies last! From website:

“Welcome to the City of Toronto's Community Canopy program, designed to guide homeowners in planting trees on their private property to maximize all the benefits that trees offer. The City of Toronto is proud to be the first Canadian municipality to take part in this exciting program and to be able to provide you with a free tree.

The City is investing in tree planting and stewardship on private land to help enhance and expand our urban forest and to improve the health of the environment. With some of the greatest potential on private land, everyone's help is needed to reach our 40% canopy cover target. Trees around homes will not only help reduce the amount of energy your home requires, but they also add to your property value, reduce your carbon footprint, improve the air quality, and more effectively catch storm water runoff.

This program is made possible by the Arbor Day Foundation and the City of Toronto.

In less than ten minutes, you can reserve your free tree. Thanks for participating in this exciting program.“
Last edited by skyaryd on May 19th, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Sep 4, 2018
178 posts
398 upvotes
Available trees:
Allegheny Serviceberry (sold out)
Black Maple
Common Hackberry (sold out)
Eastern Redbud (sold out)
Northern Red Oak
Swamp White Oak
White Pine (sold out)

Also note: I placed my order and received order confirmation email, but your order will also be sent to your utility company for approval.
Last edited by skyaryd on May 19th, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 22, 2013
3 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I got a zip code error for my property, and can't proceed past the first step M9M 1Z7
Feb 10, 2015
275 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto, ON
duonguyen1228 wrote: I got a zip code error for my property, and can't proceed past the first step M9M 1Z7
If you are using Chrome I had to swap to Edge/IE for it to work. No idea why, same error here tho for my postal.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
Requested 5 trees to be planted on my noisy neighbours front lawn.
Hopefully this will finally shut them up.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8363 posts
8907 upvotes
Bebo123 wrote: Requested 5 trees to be planted on my noisy neighbours front lawn.
Hopefully this will finally shut them up.
Haha... It sounds like it's delivered to you to plant... They city doesn't plant on private property
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm guessing they're not getting more?

Was ordering a tree and right when I clicked checkout it was gone.

The only ones left are oaks, and sounds like they have lots of acorns.
Sep 4, 2018
178 posts
398 upvotes
dxbender wrote: I'm guessing they're not getting more?

Was ordering a tree and right when I clicked checkout it was gone.

The only ones left are oaks, and sounds like they have lots of acorns.
You can fill out the form on the current page to be notified when they get more trees.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)