Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
City of Toronto

Toronto - $35 dog licence, rabies shot, and microchip ($25 for cats). Last one Oct 9

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 8:44 am
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26163 posts
39567 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - $35 dog licence, rabies shot, and microchip ($25 for cats). Last one Oct 9

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 9, 2019
Retailer:
City of Toronto
prior thread

Toronto - $35 dog licence, rabies shot, and microchip ($25 for cats).

pretty good deal, sometimes chip alone is about $45 at the vet

The Chip Truck offers City of Toronto pet licences, a microchip and a rabies vaccine for only $25 for cats and $35 for dogs. If your pet is already licensed and you just need a microchip and rabies vaccine, you can do it for only $10 (with proof of a current City of Toronto pet licence).

There is no appointment necessary. And the Chip Truck is open to everyone. Just grab your cat or dog and come to the Chip Truck. All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be properly contained in a carrier. Please bring photo identification with your address

Next one is :

Wednesday, October 9, 2019: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., PetSmart at 12 William Kitchen Rd. (Kennedy Commons)
Last edited by sprung on Oct 9th, 2019 8:44 am, edited 10 times in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
35 replies
Jun 18, 2015
570 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto, ON
from the website...

Your cat (even if it is an indoor cat) must be licensed and wear a tag. The licence must be renewed every year.

lol

never will i get a licence for my cat
Jan 20, 2005
923 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
winenaught88 wrote: from the website...

Your cat (even if it is an indoor cat) must be licensed and wear a tag. The licence must be renewed every year.

lol

never will i get a licence for my cat
You could be in for some fun if your cat:

- escapes your home / apartment (without a chip or tag, the chance of recovery is slim).
- scratches or bites a visitor to your home (while having a license won't protect you, not having a license will give the impression that you are not a responsible pet owner).

I have paid my license fees for 15yrs, and the money goes to a good cause and is useful. Not licensing your pet is not something to brag about... Just an FYI.

Thanks OP - this is a worthwhile deal for someone.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3179 posts
3133 upvotes
scott_newsgroup wrote: You could be in for some fun if your cat:

- escapes your home / apartment (without a chip or tag, the chance of recovery is slim).
- scratches or bites a visitor to your home (while having a license won't protect you, not having a license will give the impression that you are not a responsible pet owner).
#1 is solved by getting a microchip. #2 is solved by getting shots, and (obviously) training your dog properly. both of these things are completely unrelated to licensing.
your dog biting someone would give an impression that you are not a responsible pet owner. not the fact that you don't have a licence. the city is a horrible horrible organization, wasting money left and right. there is absolutely no reason why anyone should volunteer to pay them anything. ever. in fact, giving the City money is irresponsible. once I wanted to ask for a digital copy of the utilities bill. so I wanted a PDF sent to my email every quarter because under my lease I was responsible for garbage and water payments. do you know what how much they quotes for this to be sent over paper letter? look it up. you will be shocked. their explanation - we have overhead costs. then look at the roads in the city. then look at the taxes in the city. the list goes on and on.

For those of you who care at all about wisely using their money, do not get microchips and shots from vets. We have amazing organization called Toronto Humane Society that provides neutering, shorts and microchips for very very fair rates (i.e. at cost). In addition to that, their team does literally thousands and thousands of these so I imagine that they are extremely skilled.
Last edited by elfion on Feb 26th, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know how strict they enforce this, but when I had a dog I never got a microchip for him. They sent me letters stating I was in violation (not sure if they received information from vet?) and that I would need to get a microchip or face fine. My dog had passed away shortly after, so i never followed up, or heard back from them.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3179 posts
3133 upvotes
trixR4kids wrote: I don't know how strict they enforce this, but when I had a dog I never got a microchip for him. They sent me letters stating I was in violation (not sure if they received information from vet?) and that I would need to get a microchip or face fine. My dog had passed away shortly after, so i never followed up, or heard back from them.
It's not a violation of anything, but I would 100% do it. trust me, if your pet ever gets lost you would remember my advice then if you don't get it. just spend a few hours, take your dog to Toronto Humane Society. seriously.
Jan 20, 2005
923 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
fruzmatik wrote:
"a good cause" LOL ....good one....useful for lining the pockets of politicians and funding special interests maybe....
Hmm... Written as though you know what you are talking about... I for one, know that these funds go to the City of Toronto services for pets. In fact a quick review of their website would have explained how, in plain English...

I have adopted two of my four dogs, and personally like the fact that these fees go towards the operating expenses of related facilities (almost in full).

But hey, to each their own.... I pay my license fees, pay my taxes, and enjoy the services that those fees provide. I would never condone politicians pocketing money or poor allocation choices, but have to hope that if this happens, it will catch-up with the perps...
Last edited by scott_newsgroup on Feb 26th, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
I'm still waiting for the city to start taking poop samples from dogs with lazy owners who refuse to clean after them... whatever happen to this!
My horn can pierce the sky
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
3010 posts
628 upvotes
Ontario
To add to this, if your dog bites someone, to clear for rabies, they will quarantine the dog. Now it gets worse, if your dog is considered an aggressive type dog or on a restrictive list and this dog under quarantine bites attendants or shows aggressive behaviour, they will put them down.
Avoid the quarantine or save on a rabies shot or dog license and it could cost you, your dog.
scott_newsgroup wrote: You could be in for some fun if your cat:

I have paid my license fees for 15yrs, and the money goes to a good cause and is useful. Not licensing your pet is not something to brag about... Just an FYI.

Thanks OP - this is a worthwhile deal for someone.
????????oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso????????
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
3010 posts
628 upvotes
Ontario
stevelam wrote: wtf is the point of the license? what if you already have chip/rabies shots
The point, if your dog gets lost and travels 100km like the littlest hobo. That animal shelter is not gonna have a clue and you got 5 days to figure out where that dog is before they adopt it out, out right sell it or put it down.
As for the micro chip, they sometimes have problems locating the chip and ppl with scanners can be clueless.
Aug 20, 2009
9803 posts
5881 upvotes
We've had some reports about this thread. If people aren't interested, fair enough just move on. Please don't insult others, start talking about government conspiracies and so on, we have discussion forums for that stuff.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3863 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
CouponKindaGuy wrote: The point, if your dog gets lost and travels 100km like the littlest hobo. That animal shelter is not gonna have a clue and you got 5 days to figure out where that dog is before they adopt it out, out right sell it or put it down.
As for the micro chip, they sometimes have problems locating the chip and ppl with scanners can be clueless.
what?? the whole point of the chip is to ID the dog. the license seems to offer absolutely nothing more of value except a random cash grab.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
3010 posts
628 upvotes
Ontario
stevelam wrote: what?? the whole point of the chip is to ID the dog. the license seems to offer absolutely nothing more of value except a random cash grab.
Not everyone puts chips in their dogs, nor do not all jurisdictions require it.
The value is someone from the animal shelter, calling to advise, they have your dog, and helping towards other costs including their dog.
Apparently, you have never lost a dog or found a stray.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2716 posts
2392 upvotes
Toronto
I inquired about the City of Vaughan rabies shot clinic, and they only adminster the 1 yr rabies vaccine. I would rather get my dog vaccinated at the vet with the 3 yr vaccine, since it's supposedly the same vaccine but marketed differently, and I avoid my dog getting side effects from being over vaccinated. I would guess that the City of Toronto rabies vaccine is also the 1 yr shot.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3169 posts
2079 upvotes
Toronto
The letter T is right beside the letter R on the keyboard.....lol
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Oct 28, 2005
363 posts
176 upvotes
Bull Dog wrote: I inquired about the City of Vaughan rabies shot clinic, and they only adminster the 1 yr rabies vaccine. I would rather get my dog vaccinated at the vet with the 3 yr vaccine, since it's supposedly the same vaccine but marketed differently, and I avoid my dog getting side effects from being over vaccinated. I would guess that the City of Toronto rabies vaccine is also the 1 yr shot.
My dog got his last rabies shot 3 years ago from the Toronto Humane Society and that was a 3 yr vaccine. This is a 1 yr vaccine(from the website).
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2797 posts
1640 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

Whatever money you save will be easily taken back many times over by taxes (aka pet license fees).
This space for rent.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7482 upvotes
ON
How many RFDrs are teaching their dog to meow and save 10$ on licensing ?
Mar 21, 2015
14 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Good deal. Our dogs need rabbies booster, which I've been avoiding because the vet wanted $88/ea just for an "examination fee" + $45/ea rabies shot. $300 vs. $20, easy choice (we have the licenses already).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)