Hot Deals

[City of Toronto] Toronto - $35 dog licence, rabies shot, and microchip ($25 for cats). Last one Oct 9

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 8:44 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7934 posts
1841 upvotes
Scarberia
No thx! Don't wanna get shot me or my dog haha re: location near Jane n finch
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10801 posts
10900 upvotes
scott_newsgroup wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 2:40 pm
You could be in for some fun if your cat:

- escapes your home / apartment (without a chip or tag, the chance of recovery is slim).
- scratches or bites a visitor to your home (while having a license won't protect you, not having a license will give the impression that you are not a responsible pet owner).

I have paid my license fees for 15yrs, and the money goes to a good cause and is useful. Not licensing your pet is not something to brag about... Just an FYI.

Thanks OP - this is a worthwhile deal for someone.
If you're wondering why Toronto has such nanny state policies, it's because of the above thinking.
stevelam wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 3:11 pm
wtf is the point of the license? what if you already have chip/rabies shots
It creates public sector make-work jobs around pet maintenance, and once a thing, this lobby group will never disband.

The annual license is the most egregious piece of this story.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5035 posts
2063 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
elfion wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 3:14 pm
#1 is solved by getting a microchip. #2 is solved by getting shots, and (obviously) training your dog properly. both of these things are completely unrelated to licensing.
your dog biting someone would give an impression that you are not a responsible pet owner. not the fact that you don't have a licence. the city is a horrible horrible organization, wasting money left and right. there is absolutely no reason why anyone should volunteer to pay them anything. ever. in fact, giving the City money is irresponsible. once I wanted to ask for a digital copy of the utilities bill. so I wanted a PDF sent to my email every quarter because under my lease I was responsible for garbage and water payments. do you know what how much they quotes for this to be sent over paper letter? look it up. you will be shocked. their explanation - we have overhead costs. then look at the roads in the city. then look at the taxes in the city. the list goes on and on.

For those of you who care at all about wisely using their money, do not get microchips and shots from vets. We have amazing organization called Toronto Humane Society that provides neutering, shorts and microchips for very very fair rates (i.e. at cost). In addition to that, their team does literally thousands and thousands of these so I imagine that they are extremely skilled.
Unlike private business that like to see profit at the end of the year, the city organizations need to waste money in order not to have a budget cut next year.
Good clause for them is taking helicopter trips to some islands.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Aug 31, 2007
400 posts
109 upvotes
elfion wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 3:14 pm
For those of you who care at all about wisely using their money, do not get microchips and shots from vets. We have amazing organization called Toronto Humane Society that provides neutering, shorts and microchips for very very fair rates (i.e. at cost). In addition to that, their team does literally thousands and thousands of these so I imagine that they are extremely skilled.
Thanks, didn't know about this. Does THS force you to license your pet with the city if you go in for neuter, shots, or microchipping?
Jan 13, 2009
417 posts
136 upvotes
Miniv wrote:
Sep 24th, 2019 2:11 pm
Thanks, didn't know about this. Does THS force you to license your pet with the city if you go in for neuter, shots, or microchipping?
nope
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18654 posts
17671 upvotes
Toronto
happens today

Wednesday, October 9, 2019: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., PetSmart at 12 William Kitchen Rd. (Kennedy Commons)
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)