Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CityFone

[CityFone] Double min, Double data, bonus 50% off for 6 months - Net $35/month (400min, text, 1GB plan)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2016 5:51 pm
Oct 29, 2005
386 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver

[CityFone] Double min, Double data, bonus 50% off for 6 months - Net $35/month (400min, text, 1GB plan)

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
CityFone
Unbelievable offer at CityFone!

I have been a CityFone subscriber for several years and have recommended them highly to my friends and family. I was waiting for a sweet deal before I renewed, and this is it!

Double minutes/text/data + 50% off the first 6 months when you sign up a 2-year contract.

See the “Lower your costs even more” section below for additional savings.

400 Canada wide minutes
1 GB LTE data
Unlimited international text msg
Voice mail
Caller ID
$40/month
Net price: $35/month
(i.e. when you factor in the $120 discount for 6 months at 50% off of $40)

(Discount details: For the $40 plan, the 50% off discount is 6 months x $20 off/month = $120, or $5 off/month over 2 years)

FAQ: How do I lower my costs even more?
- Save $150. Sell the free phone that comes with the contract. Resale value may vary.
- Save $25. Get a Referral from a CityFone subscriber for an additional $25 off.

Note: RFD rules don’t allow you to publically request referrals, or to post that you have referrals to give.

FAQ: Who is CityFone?
- CityFone is owned by Rogers and runs on the Rogers network. It’s basically their “private label” network where they re-brand the Rogers service under different names such as Zoomer Wireless, RBC Talk and Save, Sears Connect.
- Deal is available across Canada.

FAQ: How do I find out more?
- Plan details: www.cityfone.net
- Phone choices: http://www.cityfone.net/phones
- Phone number: 1-888-499-7566

FAQ: If I’m not interested in the phones they have how do I just get the double mins/double data plan?
- You need to sign up for the 2 year plan to get the double min/double data. If you don’t want the phone, just sell it.

Finally, I hope this helped you save lots of money!
44 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
11102 posts
1342 upvotes
Georgetown
My wife signed up with them as Rogers was screwing us around with our bill. Two months later: no difference in service whatsoever, half the bill.
4chan melts your brain.
Dec 2, 2005
253 posts
15 upvotes
thanks, Mr. Bean. I've been waiting for a deal like this to renew my contract with Cityfone.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5068 posts
5010 upvotes
Toronto
They have a Bring Your Own Phone 10% off discount, but it says it "Cannot be combined with other offers":

LINK

If you could combine BYOP with this deal, it would be $36/mo instead of $40/mo, and 6 months at $18 (50% off), so should average $31.50/mo.

Anyone want to try this and report back?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1892 posts
574 upvotes
Calgary
Coverage in Calgary is great, no problems whatsoever. Signed up about a year and a half ago on the same promo.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
I been with Cityfone for a few months now. No complaints at all! I am glad I ditched Fido. The CS at Cityfone are really friendly. Its based out in BC if that matters. But for us, that means even later support hours.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
jm1 wrote: They have a Bring Your Own Phone 10% off discount, but it says it "Cannot be combined with other offers":

If you could combine BYOP with this deal, it would be $36/mo instead of $40/mo, and 6 months at $18 (50% off), so should average $31.50/mo.

Anyone want to try this and report back?
Cityfone will only give you the double minutes/data promo if you purchase one of their phones on a 24 month term. I was able to unlock and sell the phone I received earlier this year for $180. YMMV with the current handsets.

The best deal is to take the $40 plan with six months at half price, get an existing customer to refer you for an additional $25 credit and pick the phone that you think will be easiest to sell. Assuming you sell the phone for $150, you're looking at ($40 x 24 months) - $120 six month discount - $150 from selling the phone - $25 referral = $665. That's $27.71 per month.
Nov 26, 2006
60 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington
Are you able to purchase another 1gb of data? It says under extras that its another $30 a month. Do they double that also?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Id pull the trigger it were 2GB at $40... 1 GB is tough
Mar 27, 2011
954 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
My wife and I recently signed up for the CityFone Family Plan. Managed to sell my Galaxy Grand Prime for $130, so that's not too bad. We only got the 3 months 50% off though. Wonder if I can call in and get 6 months?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
2017 posts
717 upvotes
this seems better than zoomer now...it ends on Oct 04, just called...still have time to decide...now if could get $25 credit...checking for my message now...
Last edited by sircool on Sep 30th, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
nhsadika wrote: does anyone know if the zoomer, public mobile and cityfone coverage areas are the same (they should be but just wanted to see if anyone has done the homework before i do)
Rogers operates Cityfone and Cityfone provides wireless services to Zoomer, they have the same coverage.
Public Mobile is a divison of Telus, runs on Telus network.
Oct 16, 2006
379 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
retrothing wrote: Cityfone will only give you the double minutes/data promo if you purchase one of their phones on a 24 month term. I was able to unlock and sell the phone I received earlier this year for $180. YMMV with the current handsets.

The best deal is to take the $40 plan with six months at half price, get an existing customer to refer you for an additional $25 credit and pick the phone that you think will be easiest to sell. Assuming you sell the phone for $150, you're looking at ($40 x 24 months) - $120 six month discount - $150 from selling the phone - $25 referral = $665. That's $27.71 per month.
i think youre forgetting taxes, theres no tax on selling the phone or the referral credit so you shouldnt be minusing that cost from the full 24month cost before tax
I believe the cost would be:
((40x24months - 120) x tax) - 150 - 25
final cost differs based on your tax %

for ontario it works out to be $32.26/month after taxes.
im just nitpicking but the difference is less than $1/month if your calculation was used
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
Lorie wrote:
retrothing wrote: Cityfone will only give you the double minutes/data promo if you purchase one of their phones on a 24 month term. I was able to unlock and sell the phone I received earlier this year for $180. YMMV with the current handsets.

i think youre forgetting taxes, theres no tax on selling the phone or the referral credit so you shouldnt be minusing that cost from the full 24month cost before tax
I believe the cost would be:
((40x24months - 120) x tax) - 150 - 25
final cost differs based on your tax %

for ontario it works out to be $32.26/month after taxes.
im just nitpicking but the difference is less than $1/month if your calculation was used
Not that hot any more… Only 1G data. If you add just $5 or $6 more, you get Public Mobile 2GB data plan [Telus network].. No contracts, no credit checks, no hustles selling low end phones...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
May 31, 2015
157 posts
156 upvotes
AB
On contract since July 2015, reception and coverage is ok but have had horrible customer service.

I signed up for 2 years with a subsidized Galaxy Core for 40$-400 minutes 1gb + usual stuff with 50% off for 3 months ($5 more than current offer & half the 50% discount duration).

Recently I needed a nano sim (bought a S6) and customer service rep incessantly demanded $25 + tax for a sim card! Website has nothing listed for fees for sim card change. I brought this to the attention of the reps and they rudely stated that a sim card is an accessory and that's the cost. Take it or leave it. $5 to 10 is reasonable but $25 is outrageous. It didn't matter to them that I was a loyal who had referred them customers.

TLDR: Abyssmal customer service. Loyalty means nothing. $25+tax sim card
Aug 11, 2007
285 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any unlimited minutes option for the family plan, just one line with unlimited?
Jun 19, 2009
514 posts
241 upvotes
Ottawa
Signed up like 2 months ago when it was 50% off for 3 months...wonder if I can get them to do another 3 months
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
1071 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ipanda wrote: Signed up like 2 months ago when it was 50% off for 3 months...wonder if I can get them to do another 3 months
Same...

I'd also be interested on anyone who is with Cityfone for their retentions plan. Is it $45 for 2GB like zoomer?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
jeffyjaixx wrote: Cityfone and Zoomer can't refer each other right? Different companies?
Correct but they are not different companies, the share the same call centre.

Read Zoomer Wireless Terms and Conditions
http://www.zoomerwireless.ca/terms/terms-and-conditions

"The Services may have been offered to you under a program using the branding of an entity unrelated to Cityfone (the “Brand Entity”). For greater certainty, (i) the Services and the Equipment are provided to you by Cityfone and not by the Brand Entity, and (ii) this Service Agreement is only between you and Cityfone; the Brand Entity is not a party to this Service Agreement and assumes no liability for the provision of the Services. "