[OP]
May 29, 2014
42 posts
44 upvotes
Windsor, ON

[cityfone]Double data and mins +50% off for first 4 month

Deal Link:
Price:
Just found out the Cityfone is offering the double mins/data and 50% off for the first 4 month again for the holiday.
Not sure when this will expire.
I got the service from the last promotion.
There is absolutely no issue.
The signal is from Rogers network.
The customer service is very good and helpful.
I was referred by a Friend and I also referred a friend to this service.
I got $50 from this referral program which is something additional that you can potentially benefit from.

I am not sure if Zoomer will follow up with their promotions..
But the two are the same on the network and the entire price over two years.

http://www.cityfone.net/rate-plans/smar ... rry-plans/
18 replies
Nov 7, 2006
529 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
Re-post of sorts (original thread here) but since you have the right spelling of the name, all is forgiven! Still no comparable deals from Zoomer yet, but Talk&Save (I'm guessing they are on Cityfone network) has the same promo: http://wireless.talkandsave.ca/index.php
[OP]
May 29, 2014
42 posts
44 upvotes
Windsor, ON
jin628 wrote: Re-post of sorts (original thread here) but since you have the right spelling of the name, all is forgiven! Still no comparable deals from Zoomer yet, but Talk&Save (I'm guessing they are on Cityfone network) has the same promo: http://wireless.talkandsave.ca/index.php
How did you find that one which is buried in that 270 pages thread?
For comparison (take $40 plan as an example): Zoomer, every month you can save $4, in two years, it will be 4X24=$96 dollars.
Cityone, it will be 20X4=$80 dollars.
But if you don't plan to stay for the entire two years, it will be different story, such as cancel after 4 months...
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12976 posts
11818 upvotes
Just chat with Zoomer online.
No double data/minutes yet.
Only bonus data that I posted in my Zoomer $22.5 plan thread.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Jul 27, 2010
309 posts
238 upvotes
Bonus only applies to certain plan?

Fine print.
*Bonus offer of double minutes, texts and data applies to individual plans starting from $25/month and Couples or Family plans starting from $55/month with 2-yr terms only. All bonus offers applies to the duration of your time on the wireless plan chosen. $18/mo and $22/mo Individual plans and $40/mo and $45/mo Couples Canada plans are not eligible to receive the bonus offer of double minutes, texts and data.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12976 posts
11818 upvotes
fatpiggy wrote: kind of a thread crap. But what is the best action if you have reached your data or phone limit before the new cycle starts, other than shut off the phone?
OR
pay 35 cents per minute, 5 or 2 cents per MB data.

OR
You can call to switch to the $45 retenton plan with unlimited minutes and 2GB data.

OR
If you need is temporary, get minutes or data addon for this month.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1099 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
bluecooldeal wrote: Bonus only applies to certain plan?

Fine print.
*Bonus offer of double minutes, texts and data applies to individual plans starting from $25/month and Couples or Family plans starting from $55/month with 2-yr terms only. All bonus offers applies to the duration of your time on the wireless plan chosen. $18/mo and $22/mo Individual plans and $40/mo and $45/mo Couples Canada plans are not eligible to receive the bonus offer of double minutes, texts and data.
I think they had this last time they had the promotion too. Most people have taken the $40/month smartphone plan and end up with 1 GB of data, 400 mins of call time and unlimited evenings after 6pm and weekends. But it just hast to be at least $25/month so you can get a cheaper plan too (or more expensive) depending on yoru needs. And you have to do a 2 year contract.
May 23, 2015
151 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Is this a good deal or should I wait for Zoomer?
Aug 7, 2015
202 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone know if Cityfone has access to Roger's 4G network?

I've only ever been connected to 3G and LTE.
May 23, 2015
151 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Niroxu wrote: Does anyone know if Cityfone has access to Roger's 4G network?

Very good question.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8628 upvotes
GTHA
Niroxu wrote: Does anyone know if Cityfone has access to Roger's 4G network?

Which phone are you using with Cityfone?

LTE is commonly marketed as 4G LTE.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication)

Cityfone has access to Rogers LTE network.

from http://www.cityfone.net/coverage

"Cityfone customers can also access the LTE network - the most desirable network in the industry. LTE or "Long Term Evolution" delivers a faster, richer and smoother wireless internet experience. It allows you to stay connected on your smartphone device, in ways you've only imagined."

"Cityfone accesses phone service over the Rogers network."
Aug 7, 2015
202 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tk1000 wrote: Which phone are you using with Cityfone?

LTE is commonly marketed as 4G LTE.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication)

Cityfone has access to Rogers LTE network.

from http://www.cityfone.net/coverage

"Cityfone customers can also access the LTE network - the most desirable network in the industry. LTE or "Long Term Evolution" delivers a faster, richer and smoother wireless internet experience. It allows you to stay connected on your smartphone device, in ways you've only imagined."

"Cityfone accesses phone service over the Rogers network."
I use an iPhone 5. True 4G is significantly better than "4G LTE." I can't help but think that the big 3 have no reason to be modest about their technology. Why couldn't they just call it what it is?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8628 upvotes
GTHA
Niroxu wrote: I use an iPhone 5. True 4G is significantly better than "4G LTE." I can't help but think that the big 3 have no reason to be modest about their technology. Why couldn't they just call it what it is?
"4G" describes speed of the network, not the technology.
4G networks can either be built using HSPA technology of LTE technology.

from http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399984,00.asp

There are so many technologies called "4G," and so many ways to implement them, that the term is almost meaningless. The International Telecommunications Union, a standards body, tried to issue requirements to call a network 4G but they were ignored by carriers, and eventually the ITU backed down. 4G technologies include HSPA+ 21/42, the now obsolete WiMAX, and LTE (although some consider LTE the only true 4G of that bunch, and some people say none of them are fast enough to qualify.)

There's a big difference between 4G LTE and other technologies called "4G" though, and it's most visible in upload speeds. If you upload a lot of data - posting photos or videos, for instance - you'll find LTE's upload speeds are far better than those on HSPA.
Oct 19, 2002
290 posts
6 upvotes
Just curious if there's any word on when Zoomer's double data/minutes promo will resurface? There weren't any Boxing Day deals.
Aug 30, 2008
118 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
anyway to sign up again and take advantage of the discount for existing customers?
May 23, 2015
151 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Rainman wrote: Just curious if there's any word on when Zoomer's double data/minutes promo will resurface? There weren't any Boxing Day deals.

What I'm waiting for as well.

EDIT:
This is NOT expired, this deal is on til the 15th.
Aug 9, 2014
468 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto, ON
iamanagram wrote: What I'm waiting for as well.

EDIT:
This is NOT expired, this deal is on til the 15th.
This is still going under Primus. You need to quote "emailonly16"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)