Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Cityfone/RBC Talk and Save Exisiting Customers - Free 1GB for $40/mo plan

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2016 6:22 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes

Cityfone/RBC Talk and Save Exisiting Customers - Free 1GB for $40/mo plan

I'm a current RBC Talk and Save user with the $40/mo plan which has 400 minutes Canada-wide talk (free after 6pm and weekend) and 1GB of data. Today I received a text stating the following:

"Great news! 1 extra GB of data/mo. was added to your SimplyConnect plan at no extra cost as our thanks to you for being a loyal customer. Enjoy this gift effective today, no need to call us! Your extra 1GB is not prorated and is valid while you remain on this plan (non-transferable). Enjoy!"

At first I thought it was a scam because I've never heard about SimplyConnect plan. Then I logged into my RBC Talk and Save account and the free extra 1GB shows up! This extra 1GB has no expiry date as long as you stay in the current plan.

The other Cityfone/RBC Talk and Save plan may get bonus data as well. Check your account.

Others may argue there are better plans out there, but for customers like me who have a 2-year contract with Cityfone/RBC Talk and Save, free 1GB is great! :)
Last edited by braveblade on Nov 18th, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Feb 28, 2003
196 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
My wife received the same text this morning. Thought it was a scam, but looks legit now!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3661 posts
1079 upvotes
Whitby
booo no text, any other way to jump on this deal? Can i just call in and complain....?
Nov 2, 2004
538 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
I got the extra GB too but i have a few months left and contemplating if I should just buy out the rest of my contract and switch to Fido.
Banned
May 9, 2015
226 posts
298 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Cityfone user here. I dont see any bonus in my account. No text messages.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
azn_dan wrote: booo no text, any other way to jump on this deal? Can i just call in and complain....?
phuong2006 wrote: Cityfone user here. I dont see any bonus in my account. No text messages.
They are sending texts slowly. Call them and I'm sure you will get the data added.
Banned
May 9, 2015
226 posts
298 upvotes
Guelph, ON
braveblade wrote: They are sending texts slowly. Call them and I'm sure you will get the data added.
I called in and I got it! THANK YOU OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 22, 2006
80 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks OP…Just called to get the +1gb.
2 min wait, 30 second discussion.
May 14, 2015
18 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
Can anyone from Zoomer confirm if they got the upgrade?
Nov 17, 2016
53 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
CaliforniaRoll wrote: Can anyone from Zoomer confirm if they got the upgrade?
Got the upgrade, on Zoomer's $36/mo plan.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Still not a good deal compared to public mobile.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Still not a good deal compared to public mobile.
Too late to switch to PM because you will not get your SIM card by mail in time for tomorrow promo deadline.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Banned
May 9, 2015
226 posts
298 upvotes
Guelph, ON
weedb0y wrote: Still not a good deal compared to public mobile.
Why would you even post this. If we are all on contract ,why would it matter about what public mobile is offering. This isnt for new sign ups. Its for cityfone/zoomer/rbc current customers. This is why redflags is going downhill. All the negativity when this free 1GB is an amazing offer for zero effort.
Jun 17, 2008
29 posts
4 upvotes
THANKS!

I just called RBC and got the free 1gb on both my lines. minimal effort.
Oct 5, 2006
624 posts
470 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP, just called zoomer and got the extra gig :)

I was considering switching to Public Mobile too but one big draw back is it's province-wide only and need to pay extra for Canada-wide. Since I don't actually use a lot of data, the super extra data doesn't add too much value for me. so depending on individual's own needs, Zoomer/Cityfone is still a better price for the package it provides.
Mar 6, 2006
832 posts
725 upvotes
GTA
I am with Cityfone - Primus.
Not sure if I need it, but called and received the offer within 2 min. Thanks OP
Dec 1, 2013
14 posts
9 upvotes
I'm with cityfone and got the text yesterday. Hubby just signed the contract 2 month ago, called in about this and got it as well!
Feb 23, 2004
603 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
Did any Sears Connect user(s) also get this additional 1 Gb to their plan ?
I did email Sears Connect to request this in Friday but did not received any response yet.
( They will response within 72 business hours ?! Their customer service response time is probably too long by today's standard. )