Expired Contests

[Once] CityLine - "Girls Night In" Prize Pack (starts 20/Mar-9am, ends 3/Apr/2012-9am)

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2012 1:48 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106493 upvotes
Richmond Hill

CityLine - "Girls Night In" Prize Pack (starts 20/Mar-9am, ends 3/Apr/2012-9am)

(I dunno about you, but I don't think a Kobo Vox is just for girls :) )

"Girls Night In" prize pack contest.

Prize: Enter to win a CityLine Girls Night In Prize Pack, which includes a Kobo Vox, a spa package at P & H Salon and Spa, a free pair of shoes at the Petite Feet Shoe Sale, Palmer's lotions, and makeup from Essence.

ARV: $450

Rules: http://citytv.upickem.net/engine/Rules. ... stid=54674
  • CityLine.ca reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's office (Ed. note: any idea what that constitutes?)
Enter: http://citytv.upickem.net/engine/YourSu ... stid=54674

Search: cityline

Good luck!

E.&O.E.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I'm not actively monitoring this thread. If you have a question regarding the contest, or encounter a problem and would like me to look into it, please PM me about it. Thanks.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
25 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
21558 posts
156702 upvotes
GTA
ronin1701 wrote: [*]CityLine.ca reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's office (Ed. note: any idea what that constitutes?)

My guess is a 60 mile radius of downtown TO, which is still a huge area...thanks for posting!
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106493 upvotes
Richmond Hill
toguy wrote: My guess is a 60 mile radius of downtown TO, which is still a huge area...thanks for posting!

Well, definitely not just Toronto, because CityLine broadcasts in different markets across the country. That's what I was getting at.

Update:

According to the CityTV website, they have stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Winipeg, Calgary and Edmonton. Presumably these would all air CityLine since all CityLine episodes are now pre-taped, not live.

In addition, according to the Wikipedia, affiliates in Kamloops, Prince George, and Medicine Hat broadcast the full line-up of CityTV produced shows.

In any case, I wonder how picky they are about enforcing the "reserves the right" clause?
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
21558 posts
156702 upvotes
GTA
ronin1701 wrote: Well, definitely not just Toronto, because CityLine broadcasts in different markets across the country. That's what I was getting at.

Update:

According to the CityTV website, they have stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Winipeg, Calgary and Edmonton. Presumably these would all air CityLine since all CityLine episodes are now pre-taped, not live.

In addition, according to the Wikipedia, affiliates in Kamloops, Prince George, and Medicine Hat broadcast the full line-up of CityTV produced shows.

In any case, I wonder how picky they are about enforcing the "reserves the right" clause?

Maybe, but here's the thing...I Googled that salon name and it's a TO salon, the shoe sale is also in the Toronto area (I always see the signs up for it since I live nearby) so it would make sense that they would pick someone who is within reasonable distance of TO. My initial thought was that since CityLine is taped in Toronto, "the affiliate" refers to the Toronto affiliate (meaning the one who is hosting the contest). Oh well...honestly they should have made this ON only given the prizes are region-specific.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106493 upvotes
Richmond Hill
toguy wrote: Maybe, but here's the thing...I Googled that salon name and it's a TO salon, the shoe sale is also in the Toronto area (I always see the signs up for it since I live nearby) so it would make sense that they would pick someone who is within reasonable distance of TO. My initial thought was that since CityLine is taped in Toronto, "the affiliate" refers to the Toronto affiliate (meaning the one who is hosting the contest). Oh well...honestly they should have made this ON only given the prizes are region-specific.
Even if I didn't live in Toronto, I'd only care about the Kobo anyways ;)
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 31, 2005
5706 posts
987 upvotes
GTA
Ontario is huge I doubt someone from Tbay would wanna make the trek to Toronto lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106493 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Deal_Princess wrote: Ontario is huge I doubt someone from Tbay would wanna make the trek to Toronto lol
entered
But not thanked? :razz:
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2009
2606 posts
1168 upvotes
Thanks.
If you can't find anyone else to blame :( .....You're just not looking hard enough. :lol:
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378561 upvotes
Ottawa
good luck
bring back colour
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 6, 2008
18726 posts
1660 upvotes
Scarborough Bluffs
entered thanks :)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
21558 posts
156702 upvotes
GTA
Deal_Princess wrote: Ontario is huge I doubt someone from Tbay would wanna make the trek to Toronto lol

LOL, I know, what I meant was ON only plus the clause quoted by the OP...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 13, 2009
8385 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto
in; thanked
2016, 2017 and 2018 Wins: Sweet F**k all.

Laird of Glencoe and Lochaber
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 8, 2008
3149 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Good luck to all!
2020 Wins: A Dairy Milk Chocolate Bar (Oreo Stuf Canada)

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)