Expired Hot Deals

[Cityphone.net] double data, minutes and text on any two year plan

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2016 4:17 pm
Tags:
Jul 18, 2008
150 posts
155 upvotes
Switched from Rogers to Zoomer a while back, and am loving life so far. I did notice that the carrier listed on my phone changed from Cityfone to Rogers sometime in the last day or so. Has anybody else seen this?
Mar 18, 2009
44 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
dawger1 wrote: Switched from Rogers to Zoomer a while back, and am loving life so far. I did notice that the carrier listed on my phone changed from Cityfone to Rogers sometime in the last day or so. Has anybody else seen this?
Nope, haven't seen anything like that. I'd actually prefer it though lol. Does it remain on Rogers even after a reboot/moving places?
Oct 11, 2007
93 posts
8 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Has anyone successfully root/install custom rom on their samsung core?
Jul 18, 2008
150 posts
155 upvotes
n0ub wrote: Nope, haven't seen anything like that. I'd actually prefer it though lol. Does it remain on Rogers even after a reboot/moving places?
Yep, shutdown and restarted last night and it still said Rogers. My wife has the same phone with Zoomer, and hers still says Cityfone. Wierd...
Nov 16, 2010
174 posts
33 upvotes
vancouver
As long as the call quality and data speeds are excellent then I could care less if the carrier banner said Bellus.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1074 posts
47 upvotes
has Zoomer clarified the official end date of the promo? i've read end of January and end of February. any official word?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2530 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
i-rui wrote: has Zoomer clarified the official end date of the promo? i've read end of January and end of February. any official word?
Hanif111 in his post (#1847) copied a written reply he received to an enquiry to Zoomer regarding this. The response said it had been approved to be extended until Feb. 28. That is as official as I think anyone has seen so far.
Jun 15, 2004
647 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Signed up for Zoomer on Monday and got my phone and sim today. For some strange reason, they sent me an account login for "BMO Talk and Earn". I wasn't able to login to the My Account section on Zoomer site, but was able to on BMO.

On the BMO page it shows:
[INDENT]Monthly Plan Fee$40.00
Zoomer 10 Percent Discount$-4.00[/INDENT]

Should I be concerned?

Update:
Talked to the live chat agent on Zoomer and they corrected the issue.
Aug 19, 2004
883 posts
629 upvotes
Toronto
Just signed up for zoomer for my wife.

Currently the best deal out there for 1gb data. I'm really torn myself as I have a 6gb data plan but I'm paying ~ $60 + tax.

I'll probably stay with my current plan until I see how the industry shakes up over the next year.

More for more I guess.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21056 upvotes
Center of Universe
kleung21 wrote: Just signed up for zoomer for my wife.

Currently the best deal out there for 1gb data. I'm really torn myself as I have a 6gb data plan but I'm paying ~ $60 + tax.

I'll probably stay with my current plan until I see how the industry shakes up over the next year.

More for more I guess.
$60 plus taxes, is still better than the highest tiered plan that zoomer is currently offering; so no need to jump ship just yet.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21056 upvotes
Center of Universe
crimsona wrote: Is there a way to extend the number of rings before going to voicemail? It seems to jump to VM very fast
Mine goes to VM after 4 rings, is yours shorter than that?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1417 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
So let me get this straight... $36/month for 1gb data and free Core phone with 2-yr contract? And I'm paying $40/month for 500mb with Fido? Someone send me instructions for signup :lol:

Anybody know if I can put a hold on the contract if I'm away for a significant amount of time?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
too bad zoomer doesn't have a 6gb plan for say 60+plus taxes...i'd jump from rogers asap!
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Nov 25, 2013
853 posts
355 upvotes
Sauga
Ml
blahraptors wrote: So let me get this straight... $36/month for 1gb data and free Core phone with 2-yr contract? And I'm paying $40/month for 500mb with Fido? Someone send me instructions for signup :lol:

Anybody know if I can put a hold on the contract if I'm away for a significant amount of time?
Details Pm d
Nov 16, 2010
174 posts
33 upvotes
vancouver
mikka1989 wrote: too bad zoomer doesn't have a 6gb plan for say 60+plus taxes...i'd jump from rogers asap!
You and a majority of the GVRD if such a plan existed.

I had 20 people ready to switch when I thought I had 4Gb on my Zoomer plan.
Jan 13, 2015
2 posts
Thornhill, ON
vkizzle wrote: Quick question, did you just recently sign up on RFD, because of this zoomer thread...LOL?
Only 1 post and your joined date defaulted to 1970, as with most other new members.
Haha yes I did. Thanks everyone for the help, and especially nuwan32 for the super quick responses!
Dec 3, 2012
33 posts
25 upvotes
Richmond
Hi, quick question regarding the Zoomer phones. I know they're technically open to Rogers/Fido/Chatter network but has anyone actually put a Fido sim card in it to test? (I saw in the older threads someone tested it with Rogers and Speakout, but I can't find one where Fido was tested).