[Cityphone.net] double data, minutes and text on any two year plan

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2016 4:17 pm
Tags:
Jan 5, 2013
284 posts
45 upvotes
Kitchener
xmancanada wrote: I try to sell at $175.00. no response for 4 days. Then, I changed to $150.00. And was able to sell in one day. 3 Buyers asked.
When was that, just recently?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Does zoomer have free sms to and from usa…? Suport Auto sms from shortcodes? Thx
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Jan 5, 2013
284 posts
45 upvotes
Kitchener
mikka1989 wrote: Does zoomer have free sms to and from usa…? Suport Auto sms from shortcodes? Thx
Not sure about auto sms from shortcodes, but sms to and from USA are included as part of Canada /international messaging, as long as sent from Canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4094 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
I too am ready to make the move to Zoomer. Would appreciate assistance.

EDIT: Assistance received, thanks.
Nov 8, 2004
206 posts
28 upvotes
JHW wrote: I too am ready to make the move to Zoomer. Would appreciate assistance.

EDIT: Assistance received, thanks.
Sure. pm
Jan 5, 2013
284 posts
45 upvotes
Kitchener
eugeneo wrote: I was travelling for a week with my Zoomer plan.

I get my bill today, and I find that $45 is being charged for data roaming fees. $15/day for each of the days that I was there. In total my phone some how used 100kb of data. According to Zoomers roaming chart (zone 3) the charge should of been $3, not $45.

Will call tomorrow to sort this out.
eugeneo wrote: Image

So I called yesterday, and got a 24 hour turn around. It turns out they credited the amount and there was a misprint on the Zoomer Wireless website.

However I am not impressed with the billing of the roaming. Apparently you will be charged $15/MB per DAY even if you only use 1KB of data of roaming - which is what happened with me. Data roaming was turned off. With other carriers such as Bell they know these minuscule amounts are data leakage or perhaps usage mis-calculation so they don't charge.

I may need to find a new carrier. Since they changed the rates to what was agreed and the way it's billed, I may have recourse to break this contract if needed.
eugeneo wrote: Yes international roaming is expensive. However this is slightly unreasonable.

I would have been fine if they charged me $15 for the three days that I was there. But that's not what happened - most carriers I've been with have waived these charges automatically, as the amount of data is very, very, very (did I reiterate very?) small. For all I know it could be a counting error on the roaming carriers side.
eugeneo wrote: I was able to get a credit for the roaming because the zoomer wireless website was incorrect listing $0.03 per KB. So I'm not out of any money at the moment. But since I travel a lot this is a pain if I get charged $15 each day I have my phone on.

It's interesting that in Japan I was hit with roaming charges, but the other days in South Korea I was not. Which leads me to suspect the billing for the Japanese carrier is off.

You've said that a couple of times but that doesn't change the fact that I did not use my phone travelling it was just Simply on, and also doesn't help if you are only in a country for say 3 days purchasing a SIM card is not economical if you don't plan to use it.
This was posted in the beginning of December. I was wondering if anyone has traveled outside of Canada with Zoomer phone lately. I will be going to the US for couple days next week and I wouldn't want to get any surprises.
If anyone has any recent Roaming experiences could please share? Thanks.
Nov 16, 2010
174 posts
33 upvotes
vancouver
viv1971 wrote: This was posted in the beginning of December. I was wondering if anyone has traveled outside of Canada with Zoomer phone lately. I will be going to the US for couple days next week and I wouldn't want to get any surprises.
If anyone has any recent Roaming experiences could please share? Thanks.
If you turn off cellular data you will not have to worry about data roaming charges.

I never trusted that turning off data roaming only would do the same thing as the phone is still actively scanning the network, then deciding if it should pass data or not if you are outside your home network/carrier.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1246 posts
110 upvotes
Ontario
Looking to switch to Zoomer. Looking for assistance signing up.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3043 posts
2067 upvotes
Canadia
onexeyed wrote: Looking to switch to Zoomer. Looking for assistance signing up.
Mods: Can we move this thread somewhere other than the hot deals forum? It has devolved into pages of referral requests. ;)
Feb 12, 2004
54 posts
238 upvotes
Markham
I am looking to move away from Robber too. Any instruction would be great!
Sep 13, 2007
234 posts
149 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
OceanPark wrote: I am looking to move away from Robber too. Any instruction would be great!
Mmmhmmmm

Sling-blade anyone?
Jan 5, 2013
284 posts
45 upvotes
Kitchener
retrothing wrote: Mods: Can we move this thread somewhere other than the hot deals forum? It has devolved into pages of referral requests. ;)
Zoomer plans are still a hot deal IMHO
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2530 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
viv1971 wrote: Zoomer plans are still a hot deal IMHO
+1

IMHO one of the best options out there - not for everyone of course but certainly is saving a lot of people a lot of money - and the Double Data / Minutes / Texts promotion does not end until Feb 28, therefore, an on-going Hot Deal!!

The fact that people are signing up with Zoomer every day after reading about it in this thread is reason enough for it to be here.
Jan 18, 2010
92 posts
111 upvotes
I am also looking for information and a referral. Want to leave Bell.
Feb 5, 2012
193 posts
274 upvotes
Woodbridge
Are these looking for requests strictly reserved for phones?

Cause I'm looking for a hot wife...