Expired Hot Deals

[Cityphone.net] double data, minutes and text on any two year plan

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2016 4:17 pm
Tags:
Feb 6, 2007
187 posts
35 upvotes
Wonder what would happen to sears connect if sears goes bankrupt. Never mind it's through cityphone, so wouldn't have any impact
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1232 posts
213 upvotes
Mr. Bean wrote: For Cityfone, all port ins are done later. Because they don't have physical offices, they courier the phone to you. Then after you get the phone and have a phone number assigned to you, you call in afterwards to port in another line to replace your number.

You keep whatever plan you had signed in originally. Porting in a new phone number doesn't change your plan.
When do you start getting billed? I assume after you receive the phone and sim card and call in to activate? If you BYOD you just activate the sim? So would I..

Cancel current plan with Bell
Order new service with RBC over phone
Receive phone and sim (1-2 weeks)
Wait 29 days from cancel with Bell date
Call into RBC and activate, billing starts

is that correct?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1232 posts
213 upvotes
Chingwan wrote: You should also check out the BMO one if you're with them:
http://www.talkandearn.ca/promotions

or Sears Connect:
http://www.searsconnect.ca/index.php?id=84

They include the double everything, but also 50% off the first 3 months. the $60 savings will result in a $2.5 saving per month over the 2 years which helps.
Someone mentioned RBC is offering the same plans if you call in..and he has RBC CC so thought that would be best. I think RBC has just not updated their site yet with new offer
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11953 posts
10872 upvotes
If I do not get a new phone from them, how is the cancellation fee be calculation?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Mar 28, 2013
33 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
embguy wrote: If I do not get a new phone from them, how is the cancellation fee be calculation?
When I spoke on the phone with them, in order to receive the double data/text for 2 years, you must purchase a phone from them. I'm not sure how cancellation fees work though
Oct 29, 2005
327 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver
jblade44 wrote: When do you start getting billed? I assume after you receive the phone and sim card and call in to activate? If you BYOD you just activate the sim? So would I..

Cancel current plan with Bell
Order new service with RBC over phone
Receive phone and sim (1-2 weeks)
Wait 29 days from cancel with Bell date
Call into RBC and activate, billing starts

is that correct?
Billing is the 19th of every month.

They activate the SIM in the phone and test it fully before sending it to you. Billing and service date does not happen until the phone is shipped & received by you.

If you want to keep your phone number, do NOT cancel your current plan on Bell. If you cancel your current plan, you will lose your number and service could stop immediately. Instead,

1) Wait until you get your phone.
2) Call into Cityfone customer service to port your line.
3) Cityfone will do the port for you & will notify Bell that you terminating with them and to move the number over to Cityfone.
4) Wait 2-24 hours for the number to ripple through all their systems.
5) You will get a text on your current/temporary Cityfone number when the port is complete. Just restart your phone and,...
6) Enjoy your Cityfone service and your monthly savings.

(Billing is on the 19th of every month. So, your Cityfone and Bell plans would be pro-rated, etc. for the time you used)
Aug 6, 2007
89 posts
7 upvotes
If someone already with Cityphone wants to get a referral credit, PM me.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1232 posts
213 upvotes
Mr. Bean wrote: Billing is the 19th of every month.

They activate the SIM in the phone and test it fully before sending it to you. Billing and service date does not happen until the phone is shipped & received by you.

If you want to keep your phone number, do NOT cancel your current plan on Bell. If you cancel your current plan, you will lose your number and service could stop immediately. Instead,

1) Wait until you get your phone.
2) Call into Cityfone customer service to port your line.
3) Cityfone will do the port for you & will notify Bell that you terminating with them and to move the number over to Cityfone.
4) Wait 2-24 hours for the number to ripple through all their systems.
5) You will get a text on your current/temporary Cityfone number when the port is complete. Just restart your phone and,...
6) Enjoy your Cityfone service and your monthly savings.

(Billing is on the 19th of every month. So, your Cityfone and Bell plans would be pro-rated, etc. for the time you used)
I do not want to keep the number since it is a Kit # and he wants London # .. I just cancelled and Bell said my service will be active until Nov 1st so might as well use it until then and activate the RBC\Cityphone near end of month. I assume they do not charge you until it is activated (except for the sim card)
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1232 posts
213 upvotes
jblade44 wrote: I do not want to keep the number since it is a Kit # and he wants London # .. I just cancelled and Bell said my service will be active until Nov 1st so might as well use it until then and activate the RBC\Cityphone near end of month. I assume they do not charge you until it is activated (except for the sim card)
Aha.. RBC now updated their page with the 3mths + dlb the data offer

http://wireless.talkandsave.ca/promotions
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1232 posts
213 upvotes
bringit wrote: When I signed up with cityfone, I wasn't charged any activation fees. I think their website hasn't been updated in awhile.
All the Cityphone providers show 150.00 security deposit? Can someone confirm if they were charged the activation fee and if a security deposit was required when they signed up to the RBC talkandsave service?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1314 posts
1352 upvotes
VANCOUVER
jblade44 wrote: Aha.. RBC now updated their page with the 3mths + dlb the data offer

http://wireless.talkandsave.ca/promotions
Bah! I just signed up with CityPhone directly. I wonder if they will match the offer. Otherwise it might be worth it to cancel and go with the RBC version. I don't think it should be a problem since they haven't even mailed out my phone yet...
Jul 31, 2004
273 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
jblade44 wrote: All the Cityphone providers show 150.00 security deposit? Can someone confirm if they were charged the activation fee and if a security deposit was required when they signed up to the RBC talkandsave service?
I was not charged any security deposit or and other admin fees..
Only the prorated fees for the month I received the phone plus the next month plus tax.
Jul 31, 2004
273 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
kika55 wrote: If someone already with Cityphone wants to get a referral credit, PM me.
You have a pm
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1232 posts
213 upvotes
alston wrote: And to add to what Chucky121 said, if you BYOD and sell the phone they give you, the price of the plan drops even further. For example:

Get $40 promo plan = 1GB data + 400 Canada-wide minutes + unlimited text + 6PM evening & weekends.
AND Get Nokia Lumia 635 ($0 on 2yr contract): http://www.cityfone.net/phones/nokia-lumia-635/

Resell Nokia 635 on CL for $120. Therefore $120/24 months =$5 per month savings over life of the contract, effectively reducing the cost of the plan to $35 per month.
Since the Nokia is onsale at BB now for 130 will be lucky to get 120.00 but should get at least 100.00, definitely get more then the s3 mini since it is 100.00 @ BB. So would go for the Q5 or Nokia if your plan is to resell

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-buy ... a-1569533/