[Cityphone.net] double data, minutes and text on any two year plan

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2016 4:17 pm
Tags:
Nov 20, 2011
137 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
I ported out from Wind (Pay Before) and my number ported over in less than 10 minutes.
The Wind SIM immediately became Emergency Calls Only once I received the text confirming the successful port.
Seems like this promo is really gaining a lot of traction. It's good until 4/30/2015 so if you're planning to sign up, do it soon to not miss out!
The bonus $25 code from a current user, can be stacked on top of the other offers (50% off first 3 months and double data/minutes).

If you are overbilled, you can use the CCTS complaint process to get a refund.
Aug 31, 2012
332 posts
177 upvotes
CONCORD
So is the Galaxy core LTE locked to Rogers.... Can they be used on Fido...

I'll be unloading two of them. Looks like these phones are easily unlocked, may mention that in my ad.
Nov 20, 2011
137 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, they can be used on any Rogers-associated brand like Fido or Chatr without unlocking.
Aug 31, 2012
332 posts
177 upvotes
CONCORD
jackieliu wrote: Yes, they can be used on any Rogers-associated brand like Fido or Chatr without unlocking.
Thanks buddy
Jan 23, 2012
455 posts
249 upvotes
Aurora, ON
How is the reception in Aurora/Newmarket area? I have Fido and it's not bad in my area. Does Cityphone have same signal and uses same antennas as Rogers,Fido?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9799 posts
2408 upvotes
Montreal, QC
doctor80 wrote: How is the reception in Aurora/Newmarket area? I have Fido and it's not bad in my area. Does Cityphone have same signal and uses same antennas as Rogers,Fido?
Same same
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8228 posts
1199 upvotes
TO
doctor80 wrote: How is the reception in Aurora/Newmarket area? I have Fido and it's not bad in my area. Does Cityphone have same signal and uses same antennas as Rogers,Fido?
I happen to be in Aurora and york region yesterday and reception/data speeds were exactly what I see in West Mississauga and Toronto. LTE speeds and full bars. I even went till queensville and pretty good coverage.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3765 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Am selling my Core and a buyer wanted to know where to unlock and it would work on Virgin.

Suggestions on where to get it unlocked?

Also - Will this work on Virgin?
Nov 20, 2011
137 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Posted an eBay link a few pages back for $15 unlock. Yes it will work on Virgin because the phone has the Bellus frequencies.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7558 posts
1016 upvotes
GTA
mkl38s wrote: Question for people who ported their numbers from Telus to Zoomer, were your Telus numbers got disconnected right away? I ported my number yesterday and after a few hours, my Zoomer phone received a text saying the number was ported over and when I restarted the phone, it now had my Telus number (e.g. calling or texting out showed Telus number). Then I got an email from Telus saying sorry to see me go, but will keep me around till Mar 28. I logged in to Telus account and it was still there with my 'old' number showing. The telus phone is still working, has signal and when I checked settings/about phone, it still showed my old number. I haven't tried to use the Telus phone yet but could that be possible? 2 phones from 2 carriers using the same number? I am very confused maybe I should call Telus and ask
I ported from Telus back in October and I can still login to my Telus account. As someone else mentioned, make sure you get Telus to refund you for the days after you ported. Telus should do this automatically but they don't. It took me a few phone calls but I finally got my credit without having to complain to CCTS.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27028 posts
6402 upvotes
Hamilton
Anyone tried getting another line with zoomer on the 36$ plan? Double min and data
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12092 posts
11008 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Anyone tried getting another line with zoomer on the 36$ plan? Double min and data
I have two $36 plans with Zoomer. I called and no luck to add another $36 line.
Nov 20, 2011
137 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
While RBC Talk & Save is $40 (vs $36), you get the 50% off for 3 months front-loaded.
So you get $20 x 3 in the first 3 months rather than saving $4 over 15 months to equal the same $60.
Attach the $25 bonus credit too and it makes the deal even better.

Now of course, people who were lucky enough to get the $36 Zoomer price would start saving from month 16. But who knows what plans will even be out there by then? :razz:
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12092 posts
11008 upvotes
jackieliu wrote: While RBC Talk & Save is $40 (vs $36), you get the 50% off for 3 months front-loaded.
So you get $20 x 3 in the first 3 months rather than saving $4 over 15 months to equal the same $60.
Attach the $25 bonus credit too and it makes the deal even better.

Now of course, people who were lucky enough to get the $36 Zoomer price would start saving from month 16. But who knows what plans will even be out there by then? :razz:
One should compare Zoomer $36/m vs RBC $37.5/m for 24 months.
There is a 24 months contract. Even if one find a better deal at the 16th month, when one taking cancellation penalty into account, it may not be a hot deal. Therefore, one should just compare per month cost between plans.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27028 posts
6402 upvotes
Hamilton
Signed up for the rbc talk and save :)

Pm me if you have any questions
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Nov 20, 2011
137 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Half a month in with RBC Talk & Save now too. :)
Used less data than I expected, but it's nice knowing that overages @ $0.02/MB aren't extreme either.
Compared to the Koodo $59 SIM-only plan with 2GB of data, I only pay $60 when i actually use the extra gig with Cityfone. Granted, the Koodo plan includes unlimited day-time calling, but not everyone needs that.

Glad to answer questions for anyone as well.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12092 posts
11008 upvotes
My April statement said my Zoomer plans include the new Rogers extended coverage.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2530 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
embguy wrote: My April statement said my Zoomer plans include the new Rogers extended coverage.
The Zoomer Wireless "Coverage" page mentions it and actually shows the Extended Coverage Area on the map as well. It's a little more icing on the Zoomer cake :)
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27028 posts
6402 upvotes
Hamilton
embguy wrote: My April statement said my Zoomer plans include the new Rogers extended coverage.
i suppose the RBC is the same?
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2530 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
yao416 wrote: i suppose the RBC is the same?
RBC, BMO, Sears, Zoomer should all be the same because they all operate under Cityfone (which is owned by Rogers)