Expired Hot Deals

[Cityphone.net] double data, minutes and text on any two year plan

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2016 4:17 pm
Tags:
Nov 20, 2009
607 posts
129 upvotes
Core LTE received an update recently, was all excited hoping it was lollipop.
Naw, turns out it's just a new build of 4.4.2
Oct 16, 2008
13 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond
a pity, i was going to change to cityfone... their double data & minutes offer is not available anymore as per their website :(
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5394 posts
3458 upvotes
wow those new plans are crap.

better to go to public.
Oct 16, 2008
13 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond
does anyone have info if the double data double minutes promo happens every now and then? is it worth to jump to cityfone now and switch when they have the promo again?

thanks everyone.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
yamashek wrote: does anyone have info if the double data double minutes promo happens every now and then? is it worth to jump to cityfone now and switch when they have the promo again?

thanks everyone.
Depending what you want I think the public mobile plans are just as good if not better than double data.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Oct 16, 2008
13 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond
Cas77 wrote: Depending what you want I think the public mobile plans are just as good if not better than double data.
Just looking for 1gb data with nationwide unlimited evening calls and international text.. Cityfone deal was perfect
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2008
2074 posts
116 upvotes
North York
yamashek wrote: Just looking for 1gb data with nationwide unlimited evening calls and international text.. Cityfone deal was perfect
If having unlimited minutes is not important to you then yeah I would agree with going with cityfone instead of public mobile. I hardly make outgoing calls so I find having about 200 daytime minutes with unlimited incoming minutes sufficient for my needs. There will be months when I use less than 30 daytime minutes with my grandfathered Koodo 1GB plan. Did you go with the bring your own device (10% discount) or did you get a subsidized device option?

------
Did anybody unlock a cityfone Samsung Galaxy S4? Is it the same as going with a Rogers third party option considering that cityfone does get Rogers devices?
Oct 16, 2008
13 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond
jacobe wrote: If having unlimited minutes is not important to you then yeah I would agree with going with cityfone instead of public mobile. I hardly make outgoing calls so I find having about 200 daytime minutes with unlimited incoming minutes sufficient for my needs. There will be months when I use less than 30 daytime minutes with my grandfathered Koodo 1GB plan. Did you go with the bring your own device (10% discount) or did you get a subsidized device option?

------
Did anybody unlock a cityfone Samsung Galaxy S4? Is it the same as going with a Rogers third party option considering that cityfone does get Rogers devices?
I am not with cityfone yet. I was going to jump from Fido but cityfone stopped their double data double minutes promo...
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1075 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
yamashek wrote: I am not with cityfone yet. I was going to jump from Fido but cityfone stopped their double data double minutes promo...
If you're not in a rush you could wait it out and see if the promotion comes up again. Initially there was the Zoomer promo but I was too late for that one but was able to join on the next promo. I'd assume there'd be another promo coming out again at some point. Though I might be wrong.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12091 posts
10999 upvotes
I had watching Cityfone promo on RFD. They had double data/minute promo around October/November time frame.
Time is really fly. I activate my first phone at Zoomer last October. HaHa... One more year, I will be contract free again for the first Zoomer line.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
2538 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
Double data/minutes is alive until October 31st.

Signed up earlier this week with $40, 1gb data, 400 mins and the usual. 2 year contract, and they give you a free phone.
Luckyinfil wrote: No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take 20 lbs no lifting for 30lb if guy, so divide 2 u dont sit, u get 10 but for guy it no 30, so 20 would be for guy if u werent a girl ?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6019 posts
1010 upvotes
onecoolloser wrote: Double data/minutes is alive until October 31st.

Signed up earlier this week with $40, 1gb data, 400 mins and the usual. 2 year contract, and they give you a free phone.
Zoomer?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1075 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto

The promo they have advertised on the website is a bonus 250 MB for data. So they still have the double data/minutes if you phone in and request it?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12091 posts
10999 upvotes
TigerLilly wrote: The promo they have advertised on the website is a bonus 250 MB for data. So they still have the double data/minutes if you phone in and request it?
This is what I found too depending on whether the CSR will go the extra mile to ask for permission to activate another double minute/data plan.

It was easy between Oct 2014 and Feb 2015 when Zoomer Media first teamed up with Cityfone. It was good run for 4 months with double minutes/data promo with 10% off.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
2538 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
champ91 wrote: Zoomer?
This is with Cityfone
TigerLilly wrote: The promo they have advertised on the website is a bonus 250 MB for data. So they still have the double data/minutes if you phone in and request it?
Yes, the double data/mins promo is still valid until end of October according to the Cityfone CSR. Call them and ask...I received the phone this week

Also found out that for the $25 referral credit, you can't use somebody's referral that's on a Zoomer plan. Additionally, they should have the same plan as the one you're signing up for, AFAIK.
Luckyinfil wrote: No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take 20 lbs no lifting for 30lb if guy, so divide 2 u dont sit, u get 10 but for guy it no 30, so 20 would be for guy if u werent a girl ?
Dec 21, 2007
12 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond

do you get 3 months 50%?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
2538 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
Negative. I was told promotions could not be combined. Had to choose between the double data/mins OR 750mb data + 50% off for 3 months. Went with the former.

Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12091 posts
10999 upvotes
onecoolloser wrote: Negative. I was told promotions could not be combined. Had to choose between the double data/mins OR 750mb data + 50% off for 3 months. Went with the former.
I see. Since Zoomer always provides 10% off on their plan, this may be the reason why Zoomer does not offer double data/minutes when my Zoomer CSR phoned me about the 250MB bonus promo last week.
Oct 16, 2008
13 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond

Were they tough or hard to deal with when you asked for the double data promo? Thanks for the good info.