Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Cityphone.net] double data, minutes and text on any two year plan

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2016 4:17 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1114 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
dvan wrote: Do you guys think the $40 cityfone plan (with the double promo) would be worth it, if I'm planning on buying a new phone also? The other companies typically offer subsidized pricing for current phones, so I'm not sure if it makes sense to sign with cityfone and then purchase a new phone or rather just sign with another company and get the phone I want while paying a little more every month.
It'd depend on the price of your phone and your plan the other companies offer and then you have to do some math calculations. You can help your Cityfone cost by selling the phone they offer you here and put it towards buying a new phone.

For example, if you want an iphone that costs $1000 but have to buy a $70 plan, you're really paying an extra $30 a month for that phone (assuming the plans are pretty similar). 1000/30 = 33.3. So after 33.3 months, you'll have spent more than $1000 on that plan making the cost of the phone more than what you would've saved buying the phone outright on a $40 plan.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Agree with TigerLilly. There is no free lunch. Either you pay the cost of your phone now or over 24 months.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Aug 31, 2006
106 posts
15 upvotes
Burnaby
My 2-year agreement is done, and when I phoned in today, was offered this plan (possibly retention plan?)

With another 2 year agreement, get LG G3 for $0
$50/month
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited messages
2G Data
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
angelbun wrote: My 2-year agreement is done, and when I phoned in today, was offered this plan (possibly retention plan?)

With another 2 year agreement, get LG G3 for $0
$50/month
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited messages
2G Data
Although no LG G3, most of us got this same plan for $45/month. It's a retention plan.
Aug 5, 2011
699 posts
423 upvotes
domo325 wrote: Although no LG G3, most of us got this same plan for $45/month. It's a retention plan.
Were you forced to sign the $45 contract when your 2yr contract was up? I'm hoping to retain my $36/month for 1gb plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
ArchEnemy wrote: Were you forced to sign the $45 contract when your 2yr contract was up? I'm hoping to retain my $36/month for 1gb plan.
Assuming cityfone and zoomer are similar in their policies, you get to keep the same plan.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
ArchEnemy wrote: Were you forced to sign the $45 contract when your 2yr contract was up? I'm hoping to retain my $36/month for 1gb plan.
This is Cityfone thread. Cityfone does not have 10% off. I believe that 2 yeas ago, Cityfone had 50% off for 6 months. If s/he does not want to change, s/he will be paying $40(NOT $36) for the 400 minutes/1GB data.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Aug 5, 2011
699 posts
423 upvotes
fboybcb wrote: Assuming cityfone and zoomer are similar in their policies, you get to keep the same plan.
Yeah I should have clarified that I am with Zoomer. Hope they continue to honour the 10% off!
Aug 31, 2006
106 posts
15 upvotes
Burnaby
embguy wrote: This is Cityfone thread. Cityfone does not have 10% off. I believe that 2 yeas ago, Cityfone had 50% off for 6 months. If s/he does not want to change, s/he will be paying $40(NOT $36) for the 400 minutes/1GB data.
Correct, still on the $40/month plan (with double mins + data) after 2-year agreement is over. 1G data is enough for me. And unless you want a free phone, no need to sign new contract.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3353 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
ArchEnemy wrote: Yeah I should have clarified that I am with Zoomer. Hope they continue to honour the 10% off!
Of course they will honor the price. It's a retention plan for those who want an unlimited call and a 2GB for $45.
Feb 15, 2006
62 posts
12 upvotes
Just signed up with cityfone for the $40/mth 1GB plan. Just want to know how to setup data utilization warning on ios, is there a feature in ios that will monitor cellular data and cut off once hitting a certain threshold? Or do I need to download an app for what I want to accomplish?
Mar 11, 2012
400 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any idea when the Cityfone double the minutes/data +50% off for 4 months, as well as 10% off for BYOD will be back this year based on past promos? It seems like they now have 50% for 3 months only?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Zoomer have double promo on family plan FYI
Apr 14, 2015
54 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It looks like Cityfone's "DOUBLE your minutes, texts and data" promotion is back! I have been with them for a year now, no complaints regarding their coverage or billing. If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to help you out!
Dec 9, 2010
500 posts
92 upvotes
a2peng wrote: It looks like Cityfone's "DOUBLE your minutes, texts and data" promotion is back! I have been with them for a year now, no complaints regarding their coverage or billing. If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to help you out!
I have also been with them for 1 year now, and it's exactly the same reception as Rogers.

You also get a $25 referral bonus if an existing user recommends you. Let me know if you have questions!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)