• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2016 4:17 pm
Tags:
Banned
Jan 7, 2015
7 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
shan52 wrote: Hi, I would like to know if I sign up for a wireless plan and add an wireless home phone plan. The 10% discount apply on both or only for the wireless plan?
Only applies to your wireless plan. Not home phone. Home phone is a separate deal.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12093 posts
11010 upvotes
yellowmazda wrote: Only applies to your wireless plan. Not home phone. Home phone is a separate deal.
I think Zoomer home phone is still using wireless. Call Zoomer to ask for the discount.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Jan 5, 2013
284 posts
45 upvotes
Kitchener
shan52 wrote: Hi, I would like to know if I sign up for a wireless plan and add an wireless home phone plan. The 10% discount apply on both or only for the wireless plan?
For home phone service I highly recommend OBi200 from http://www.obihai.com/. I bought it on Amazon, they had awesome deals during last boxing week. I bought mine almost 2 years ago now and couldn't be happier. Costs me around $10 a month for all our calling needs (Canada, US, Europe), I use http://voip.ms/ for my services.
Feb 5, 2008
126 posts
12 upvotes
Does anyone know if zoomer only does direct billing to Credit Card? I'm hesitant as I'm worried about bogus charges showing up and trying to get credit back. I always pay my bills on time but there has been a few instance's with Rogers where bogus charges showed up. Of course it was cleared up but I'd guess it would of been more difficult to clear up if they had already got my money.

-LeeBear[/QUOTE]

Credit card is the only way. However, you get your invoice emailed to you around the 2nd of the month, but your credit card is not charged until the 19th of the month. So you have some time to deal with any discrepancies.
Aug 29, 2010
113 posts
31 upvotes
I am thinking of signing up, dumb question though: is it possible to sign up through online chat?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12093 posts
11010 upvotes
dollars wrote:
Btw, is it possible to sign up through online chat?
Phone call only - no online chat sign up.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Aug 9, 2012
354 posts
380 upvotes
BC
I may be interested in signing up for Zoomer, if anyone has "more information about the sign up process" please forward it my way.

Also, I looked on their site but did not find any specific line indicating when this "double minutes, data, etc + 10% off" deal is ending. I've read here that it's Jan 31 2015. Is that still correct?
Oct 6, 2010
121 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Looking to sign up with Zoomer. Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks eville!
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2530 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
Finite wrote: I may be interested in signing up for Zoomer, if anyone has "more information about the sign up process" please forward it my way.

Also, I looked on their site but did not find any specific line indicating when this "double minutes, data, etc + 10% off" deal is ending. I've read here that it's Jan 31 2015. Is that still correct?
It has been scheduled to end on January 31. Another RFDer noted a few pages ago that he had been told by a Zoomer CSR that it was being extended to Feb.. 28. I personally haven't seen that in writing yet. I would be great if they do extend it...that would allow a lot more people to take advantage of the deal as their current contracts come to an end
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1180 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have a zoomer referral code please PM me. Thanks.

EDIT: Received, thanks! 4 PM's in less than 2 mins. Awesome!
May 22, 2007
958 posts
152 upvotes
I don't see a free phone being offered in their current promotion. Is it expired? I'm looking to sign up with Zoomer within the next few days and i want to make sure I take advantage of their promotions. thanks!
Jul 5, 2012
512 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
This is fantastic. Just the right time.
I am planning to sign up with Zommer this week, looking for referral - someone please pm me
Thank You!!!!!
May 22, 2007
958 posts
152 upvotes
Deevusone wrote: I don't see a free phone being offered in their current promotion. Is it expired? I'm looking to sign up with Zoomer within the next few days and i want to make sure I take advantage of their promotions. thanks!
Nevermind.. i saw the promotion when i looked in the S3 Mini phone page. alright.. can someone hookme up with a............. code? :)
Aug 8, 2005
695 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
I already ported my number from Rogers to zoomers, I wonder if I can apply the referral code at this state?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2003
1189 posts
34 upvotes
I'm just about to switch from robbers. A couple of questions:

1. Do I need to provide the referral name at the time I call and sign up (I don't have any referral... ;)
2. If I call them to sign up today, is my account active effective today? Or is it active only when I call them to activate the SIM and port over my number after I receive the SIM card + phone?
3. For those in the GTA, how long does it take to receive the SIM card (and phone) after sign up?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21056 upvotes
Center of Universe
drumboz79 wrote: Anyone have a zoomer referral code please PM me. Thanks.

EDIT: Received, thanks! 4 PM's in less than 2 mins. Awesome!
For a lack of better words...they're like vultures. LOL
I hope those getting multiple referrals from new sign ups on this thread "pays it forward".
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21056 upvotes
Center of Universe
microBe wrote: I'm just about to switch from robbers. A couple of questions:

1. Do I need to provide the referral name at the time I call and sign up (I don't have any referral... ;)
2. If I call them to sign up today, is my account active effective today? Or is it active only when I call them to activate the SIM and port over my number after I receive the SIM card + phone?
3. For those in the GTA, how long does it take to receive the SIM card (and phone) after sign up?
1. only if you want a $25 credit.
2. your account is effective on the day you receive your package (sim and phone)
3. as fast as one day and as long as a week.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2003
1189 posts
34 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: 1. only if you want a $25 credit.
2. your account is effective on the day you receive your package (sim and phone)
3. as fast as one day and as long as a week.
Thanks!