• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2010 2:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4061 posts
1470 upvotes

Clash of the Titans (2010)

I don't know about you guys but I loved the original one and the trailer just got released for the movie coming out next year

http://citynews.video.citytv.com/video/ ... ans-2010-/

Straight from wiki:

Premise

In the film, the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Neeson) and unleash hell on Earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.
46 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12269 posts
2437 upvotes
Mississauga
Sam Worthington sure is getting a lot of major roles in some big movies. Terminator: Salvation, Avatar, and now Clash of the Titans.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17756 posts
804 upvotes
I dont see this being that epic really. I expect it to be pretty meh actually which is sad cause the original is great.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2634 posts
199 upvotes
The original was great but the trailer does look good

The runtime of this has to be at least 2hrs though
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7127 posts
4918 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: Sam Worthington sure is getting a lot of major roles in some big movies. Terminator: Salvation, Avatar, and now Clash of the Titans.
SW is basically Colin Farrell crica 2003.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2007
1069 posts
3 upvotes
trini wrote: I loved the 1st one so i hope they don't screw this one up.
You make it sound like it's a sequel.
I'm not a fan of remakes, but I can give this a shot.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2004
1535 posts
9 upvotes
This doesn't seem like a remake at all - more like a movie set in the same environment with some of the same characters.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17756 posts
804 upvotes
gflux wrote: This doesn't seem like a remake at all - more like a movie set in the same environment with some of the same characters.
:confused:

ummm so same place, same characters, same story... and its not a remake?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2007
1069 posts
3 upvotes
Super strokey wrote: :confused:

ummm so same place, same characters, same story... and its not a remake?
Agreed. Remake. Even all of the Titans are in this new film, so it looks like.
I hate Medusa's! :mad:
Aug 16, 2006
373 posts
70 upvotes
Did anyone else think that trailer was edited by someone with severe ADD? I don't think there was a single scene in it which lasted more than two seconds.
Aug 13, 2006
959 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver
Loved the original, this one looks like another mtv-generation / directed-by Michael-Bay type of movie. Not interested.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13960 posts
91 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
does anybody know the song that's playing in the background?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
I'll most likely check it out. I've never seen the original so I have no point of comparison, so maybe it'll actually seem good to me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7715 posts
1404 upvotes
Toronto
angekfire wrote: I'll most likely check it out. I've never seen the original so I have no point of comparison, so maybe it'll actually seem good to me.
No way. A classic. Must see for sure.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2007
1680 posts
13 upvotes
haha
this is about Perseus...
I think about Kratos impaling Perseus lol!

but damn, the trailer does look pretty good...
PSN ID: Jimbhei
Aug 13, 2006
959 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver
Surprisingly my wife saw the trailer and said, "hey this looks pretty good". I guess I'll watch it for her sake :) .

From what I saw myself, I think I'm going to be disappointed as I absolutely loved the original (which my friend brought to class in Gr. 1 and the teacher played it. With the brief nudity and violence not sure if these days that would've been allowed at school lol).
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12217 posts
136 upvotes
ok so there's a preview at 8 and 10:45 tonight.

I'll probably check it out tomorrow.

Waiting for some reviews.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire