None
[OP]
Oct 7, 2012
583 posts
372 upvotes

Class Action - Compressors - $20 minimum compensation

https://www.coolingcompressorsclassaction.com/

Am I eligible to receive money?

You (individuals, businesses and governmental entities) are eligible to receive money if, between 2004 and 2008, you purchased:

a cooling compressor (defined as a hermetically sealed cooling compressor of less than one horsepower). Cooling compressors used in air conditioners are excluded; and/or

a product that contains a cooling compressor (including household and some light commercial refrigerators and freezers).

You can claim for any brand of cooling compressor product.

Do I need to provide proof of purchase?

Proof of purchase is not required unless your request for payment is selected for a review. If your request for payment is selected for verification, you will be required to provide proof of purchase.
41 replies
Dec 18, 2015
24 posts
21 upvotes
Was going good until the checkbox that mentioned perjury of Canadian law, then I jumped ship.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
7611 posts
3854 upvotes
Proof of purchase is not required unless your request for payment is selected for a review. If your request for payment is selected for verification, you will be required to provide proof of purchase.
I think you bolded the wrong part.
If reviewed, Class Members shall prove their Compressors and/or Compressor Product Purchases in the following manner:

A. By providing the following documentation of their Compressors and/or Compressors Product purchases:

sales information as provided by the Defendants where applicable;
invoices;
receipts;
purchase records;
historical accounting records; or
comparable verification that is acceptable to the Claims Administrator;

B. Alternatively, by including a declaration together with the following documentation of their Compressors and/or Compressors Product purchases:

delivery or packing slips;
credit card statements;
bank statements;
cancelled cheques;
wire transfer confirmations;
proof of product registration;
rebate documents;
warranty documents;
serial numbers;
repair invoices; or
comparable verification that is acceptable to the Claims Administrator.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2710 posts
436 upvotes
cantaffordretail wrote: Was going good until the checkbox that mentioned perjury of Canadian law, then I jumped ship.
well i should get something. i bought 2 fridges and a freezer during that time frame
Dec 10, 2006
118 posts
30 upvotes
North York
We actually moved into our home and purchased a new fridge during that time. Now to see if I can dig out the receipt...
[OP]
Oct 7, 2012
583 posts
372 upvotes
cantaffordretail wrote: Was going good until the checkbox that mentioned perjury of Canadian law, then I jumped ship.
It's your choice. We make a lot of purchases that we forget about sometimes. Could be a small freezer, minifridge, wine cooler, a/c, fridge, chest freezer, upright, any compressor etc. There's tons of things that would qualify you.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2012
583 posts
372 upvotes
jetstreamblue wrote: We actually moved into our home and purchased a new fridge during that time. Now to see if I can dig out the receipt...
No need for a receipt right now, I expect verifications to be few and far between.

If they do ask, you can probably take a photo of the serial number of the fridge and that would be acceptable proof. Even a manual or warranty documents count.

Just apply now and think later -- RFD motto
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5534 posts
1614 upvotes
Toronto
done, thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3031 posts
1065 upvotes
North York
I have had success on the activia and lcd lawsuits (they actually paid me twice for some reason) but this one I did a month or so ago and they "audited" me asking for receipts/proof, even though I only was looking for the $20, so this won't work for everyone
Aug 13, 2012
60 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks OP - Had me and my entire family claim. Will forge receipts if needed.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1279 posts
434 upvotes
therishisharma wrote: Thanks OP - Had me and my entire family claim. Will forge receipts if needed.
:cheesygri Care to share how?
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
May 18, 2007
796 posts
1384 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not planning to claim either, but the only way "perjury" would come into the picture is if they launched a civil action against you in court. Cost to them thousands... over a $20 rebate not too likely.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2680 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes! My fridge was purchased in 2007, and I have the receipt. :)

Thanks OP.

Wouldn't it be criminal fraud to knowingly make a false claim?
[OP]
Oct 7, 2012
583 posts
372 upvotes
JamesA1 wrote: Yes! My fridge was purchased in 2007, and I have the receipt. :)

Thanks OP.

No problem, hopefully you will get more than $20
Oct 3, 2015
739 posts
1472 upvotes
Toronto
therishisharma wrote: Thanks OP - Had me and my entire family claim. Will forge receipts if needed.

Idiot. Have fun in jail.
beeknight wrote: :cheesygri Care to share how?
Maybe you can be cellmates with therishisharma
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3844 upvotes
canada_dry wrote: I'm not planning to claim either, but the only way "perjury" would come into the picture is if they launched a civil action against you in court. Cost to them thousands... over a $20 rebate not too likely.
JamesA1 wrote: Yes! My fridge was purchased in 2007, and I have the receipt. :)

Thanks OP.

You guys are WAY over thinking it
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1279 posts
434 upvotes
TheMadMax wrote: Idiot. Have fun in jail.

Maybe you can be cellmates with therishisharma
:D :D :facepalm: Yesir, the voice of justice.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Oct 25, 2014
223 posts
160 upvotes
Boswell, BC
kangaroo11 wrote: It's your choice. We make a lot of purchases that we forget about sometimes. Could be a small freezer, minifridge, wine cooler, a/c, fridge, chest freezer, upright, any compressor etc. There's tons of things that would qualify you.
Actually not any compressor, specifically not a/c (air conditioner)--those are excluded from the claim. The website is a little vague on details of the exclusion. For example, I'm unsure if a dedicated dehumidifier would qualify.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13897 posts
8993 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Yeah, I bought that thingy-ma-jiggy.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
963 upvotes
Rfd tight wads are going to crash that site.
Originally Posted by uruha:
I saw a customer returning a book at Costco + telling the employee that the book was good.