• Jan 4th, 2020 5:08 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3694 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal

Classless behavior on kijiji / FBM with Airpods Pro, as expected

Not that I'd expect better from the gutters of online selling, but I'm particularly disappointed to see this, there's so much fail embedded in this.

On the surface, we have a positive situation. Apple finally releases a headphone product that is well-reviewed/. It's basically one of the only wireless earbuds that exists (along with the Sony and maybe the amazon echo buds) that has noise cancelling in a small form factor, along with good sound quality. It's being lauded as a decent product in a very messy market of wireless headphones.

And then we have the reactions:

- Apple fanbois run out in droves to get this as a status symbol, despite most of them having no interest in noise cancelling. Product sells out.
- Kijiji idiots see an opportunity to (1) Sell Fake Airpods and scam people (2) Sell real airpods for a 50$ profit margin even though it's likely to come back in stock in a month or less.

At the end of the day, these are just gadgets, I have no reason to be upset or expect different behavior from people.

On the other hand, it's another slap in the face delivered by being greed and vanity, at the expense of with people with hearing issues , mobility issues, or people trying to climb out of anxiety and depression by starting a new workout routine (ever tried doing yoga with full-size headphones?)

Android and Windows don't even offer left/right balancing with bluetooth headphones. Apple finally approaches the mobility-first headphone nirvana and we've still got everyday idiots making the problem worse just because they can.

</rant>
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
26 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1205 posts
756 upvotes
canada
cloneman wrote: Not that I'd expect better from the gutters of online selling, but I'm particularly disappointed to see this, there's so much fail embedded in this.

On the surface, we have a positive situation. Apple finally releases a headphone product that is well-reviewed/. It's basically one of the only wireless earbuds that exists (along with the Sony and maybe the amazon echo buds) that has noise cancelling in a small form factor, along with good sound quality. It's being lauded as a decent product in a very messy market of wireless headphones.

- Apple fanbois run out in droves to get this as a status symbol, despite most of them having no interest in noise cancelling. Product sells out.
- Kijiji idiots see an opportunity to (1) Sell Fake Airpods and scam people (2) Sell real airpods for a 50$ profit margin even though it's likely to come back in stock in a month or less.

At the end of the day, these are just gadgets, I have no reason to be upset or expect different behavior from people.

On the other hand, it's another slap in the face delivered by being greed and vanity, at the expense of with people with hearing issues , mobility issues, or people trying to climb out of anxiety and depression by starting a new workout routine (ever tried doing yoga with full-size headphones?)

Android and Windows don't even offer left/right balancing with bluetooth headphones. Apple finally approaches the mobility-first headphone nirvana and we've still got everyday idiots making the problem worse just because they can.

</rant>
This statement has all kind of tones, statements, feelings of overzealous, laziness, “I hate person who tries to make money via another income stream” and the lowest of the low .. using the disability card as a way to shame people hungrier then you. It’s 2020 almost, things were being resold for profit since the invent of eBay. If ur not used to it by now ur stuck in caveman times. Tryna use the word no class haha Goto anger management. Capitalistic societies / mindsets are why ur enjoying North America that doesn’t have the societal infrastructure layout of North Korea and Ghana.

It’s par for the course. It won’t change for the next 1000 years. Good luck finding a PS5 or the latest wheelchair in 2020 in the first few months. Stay mad. Haha
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18881 posts
6912 upvotes
Toronto
Blame Apple for selling overpriced items and then creating artificial hype by limiting quantities out to buy. So they essentially have created this marketplace. If people can seize an opportunity to make a profit and others are willing to pay that price, then what is wrong? You do realize that everyone on Ebay, Amazon and pretty much any marketplace online is selling for a profit. This is how things work on Earth.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19597 posts
3601 upvotes
Toronto
thesick wrote: This statement has all kind of tones, statements, feelings of overzealous, laziness, “I hate person who tries to make money via another income stream” and the lowest of the low ..
I love that rent-seeking parasites everywhere all justify their trashy behavior that contributes nothing using the same phrases. Enjoy being a drain on society, bro.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2302 posts
1375 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I have a little trouble feeling sympathy for people getting fleeced on luxury products like AirPods or any Apple product, really.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3694 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal
@thesick

Your comment doesn't really deserve a reply, but I'm going to leave this here anyway.
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13902 posts
8995 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I don't have one, am I missing out here?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2302 posts
1375 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Cheapo-Findo wrote: I don't have one, am I missing out here?
I think you have to have two for it to be worth it - one for each ear.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13902 posts
8995 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Touche touche.
GeeCee wrote: I think you have to have two for it to be worth it - one for each ear.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
Serious question: How are people not losing these on a daily basis?
I can't even get the wired ones to stay in. I don't know how people are doing it with wireless.
I'd own them for a grand total of 6 seconds before I manage to lose one.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
14023 posts
8124 upvotes
Toronto
The best is the people selling single (useless) earbuds they clearly found on the street for $60 each.

Then claiming they lost the other one and the charger.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18881 posts
6912 upvotes
Toronto
GeeCee wrote: I have a little trouble feeling sympathy for people getting fleeced on luxury products like AirPods or any Apple product, really.
+1. If people want to overpay for already overpriced Apple products, then let them do it.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4377 posts
1109 upvotes
Hamilton
carmaster wrote: +1. If people want to overpay for already overpriced Apple products, then let them do it.

I think ops issue is with business ethics and morality rather than airpods specifically.
But ya.
The world is cold and hard. It sucks sometimes.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1032 posts
589 upvotes
London, On
You mean people are buying these things and then re-selling them for higher than retail? Wow, imagine if they tried doing that with concert tickets.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2831 posts
2140 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
cloneman wrote:
- Kijiji idiots see an opportunity to (2) Sell real airpods for a 50$ profit margin even though it's likely to come back in stock in a month or less.
Nobody is making the buyers pay a premium. It's no different to those who line up at midnight to be the first to buy the newest whatever, or who pay ridiculous amounts of money for 'special edition' shoes.

If someone wants to pay $50 over retail for an item that is temporarily out of stock, then good for the sellers. If they don't want to pay the premium, they just have to wait for - as you said - a month or less.
Yup. But apparently you are upset for some reason.
You do know that there have been options other than full sized headphones for decades, right? The apple product does nothing to enhance the experience for any of these people you have specified.
Android and Windows don't even offer left/right balancing with bluetooth headphones.
Irrelevant.
Apple finally approaches the mobility-first headphone nirvana and we've still got everyday idiots making the problem worse just because they can.
...so people with mobility issues, depression, anxiety and whatever else you wrote about only have apple devices?

While I'm too lazy myself to go out and buy a bunch of one item only to sell them at a profit, and am certainly against people buying up limited run products to profit from those, I have no sympathy for the fanboys who pay premium prices for merchandise that's only temporarily out of stock simply because they want it now, and in that case there's nothing wrong at all with people selling those in demand items at a premium.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3100 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa
cloneman wrote: On the other hand, it's another slap in the face delivered by being greed and vanity, at the expense of with people with hearing issues , mobility issues, or people trying to climb out of anxiety and depression by starting a new workout routine (ever tried doing yoga with full-size headphones?)

Android and Windows don't even offer left/right balancing with bluetooth headphones.
Good heavens! How can someone possibly expect to climb out of anxiety and depression without left/right balancing!?! Doomed to darkness, all those unfortunate souls!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6132 posts
866 upvotes
Greely
Maybe do yoga without any headphones? OH THE HORROR
Jul 30, 2015
782 posts
733 upvotes
cloneman wrote: Not that I'd expect better from the gutters of online selling, but I'm particularly disappointed to see this, there's so much fail embedded in this.

</rant>
I saw that when I bought my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Sold out yet some Kijiji guys were asking like 200$ over what Apple sell them for. Ridiculous. It ended up being back in stock within a week or two.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.