None
[OP]
May 2, 2013
254 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto

Clearly Contacts delivery issues.

Hi There,

This is my second time placing order with them. I bought 2 glasses worth over $300.XX and the parcel is missing.
Someone accepted my parcel and signed it. Now Clearly Contacts has charged the amount on my CC and they refuse to investigate.

Has anyone experienced similar incident before ?

or

What other kind of problem did you have with them ?
12 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
That's exactly what charge backs were invented for. They're used and abused for other purposes but their intended purpose is insurance that an item will get from the store to your hands in perfect condition.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
May 2, 2013
254 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
But I never did a charge back before. I heard from my colleague that you get your credit score lowered if you do one. I am planning to move from my old condo and will be applying for new mortgage. I don't want to get refused for mortgage because of $300.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
ptlr036615 wrote: But I never did a charge back before. I heard from my colleague that you get your credit score lowered if you do one. I am planning to move from my old condo and will be applying for new mortgage. I don't want to get refused for mortgage because of $300.
It has absolutely zero impact on your credit score. Use it!
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14280 posts
1156 upvotes
I've never had any problems with them. Does your receipt show your proper address?
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
[OP]
May 2, 2013
254 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Shipping company only helps if the sender make a claim/investigate.
[OP]
May 2, 2013
254 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Ojam wrote: I've never had any problems with them. Does your receipt show your proper address?
My address is perfect on the receipt.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4368 posts
205 upvotes
CC shipments just get put in your mailbox, somebody else must have grabbed it. Try with the shipper first, then the CC.
Sep 29, 2009
550 posts
153 upvotes
If your credit card comes with 90 day purchase protection insurance you may be covered for theft. CC may be happier with this approach than a chargeback.
[OP]
May 2, 2013
254 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently I talked to my CC company ((Can Tire Ma$t c@rd)) and they said only option for me is to sincerely request Clearly contacts to ask Canada post to investigate in this matter. The reason I can not win the dispute is because someone signed the package and Can Tier assured me that I will lose the case, because the opposition party is going to say that the package was signed.
[OP]
May 2, 2013
254 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote: I've never received a package from Clearly Contacts that required signature. Canada Post always leave my CC orders in my mailbox. If someone signed for it, Canada Post website shows who signed the package. Does it show your name?
Yep, it shows my name, not full name. ((first name initial and last name.))
Jul 3, 2014
74 posts
7 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I've always got packages from CC with signature not required lablel.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)