Shopping Discussion

Clearly contacts ships out 6000-7000 orders a day?!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2012 4:21 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 24, 2012
15 posts
VANCOUVER
DarkCanuck wrote: I was just about to head to Rumi Optical on Denman this week to check out their selection but I think I'll go with Clearly Contacts after reading this thread. ;)

lol
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1600 posts
346 upvotes
Vancouver
Ottomaddox wrote: Do you work for 'Rumi Optical on Denman'?

Please clear this up.

He not only works there, but he owns the place! According to the WHOIS of rumioptical.com, the domain is owned by toudehfallah, morteza of Rumi Optical on Denman St.
Feb 24, 2012
15 posts
VANCOUVER
sandy_beach wrote: He not only works there, but he owns the place! According to the WHOIS of rumioptical.com, the domain is owned by toudehfallah, morteza of Rumi Optical on Denman St.

You are still looking to find out who i am.......you are funny....I amnot the one you found him out....
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8971 posts
2478 upvotes
London
sandy_beach wrote: He not only works there, but he owns the place! According to the WHOIS of rumioptical.com, the domain is owned by toudehfallah, morteza of Rumi Optical on Denman St.

So you're saying that morteza toudehfallah not only works at, but owns 'Rumi Optical on Denman'?

That's interesting.

It looks like he has a nice boat.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5306 posts
1180 upvotes
Toronto
This is a hilarious thread. I'm sorry, but there is NO optician - small or large - that sells contacts cheaper than you can get them from Clearly Contacts. Visit the PM thread and you'll see that's true. No retail shop even comes close to those prices, and every time I see someone buying from a B&M store, I cringe.
Mar 25, 2011
708 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
I ordered a pair of glasses from them last month and I was floored on their turnover time. I had the pair at my doorstep in 2 business days (well, I don't have a complicated presc, but which brick and mortar store will do that w/o charging extra?)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1600 posts
346 upvotes
Vancouver
MTOUDEHFALLAH wrote: You are still looking to find out who i am.......you are funny....I amnot the one you found him out....

I'm not really that funny actually. It's funny that you just don't state that you are from Rumi Optical. Your username says it all. Sigh, I totally wanted to buy some frames at Rumi Optical but I will go somewhere else since you mentioned that many retail stores will sell lenses and frames cheaper than CC, plus they have good service to boot! Could you please post the "many" retail stores selling lenses and frames cheaper than CC? I'm sure lots of people would love to know in-order to get the best deal!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19636 posts
12709 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
MTOUDEHFALLAH wrote: You are still looking to find out who i am.
Your reading on my credibility meter (range 0 to +9) is now down to -2 and trending even lower.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2526 posts
59 upvotes
milhaus wrote: This is a hilarious thread. I'm sorry, but there is NO optician - small or large - that sells contacts cheaper than you can get them from Clearly Contacts. Visit the PM thread and you'll see that's true. No retail shop even comes close to those prices, and every time I see someone buying from a B&M store, I cringe.

This is not true. *Warning - I work for Laurier Optical HO* Compare: http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/contact-l ... ?ilid=tnav VS http://laurier-optical.com/wp-content/u ... ture-4.jpg.
Feb 24, 2012
15 posts
VANCOUVER
milhaus wrote: This is a hilarious thread. I'm sorry, but there is NO optician - small or large - that sells contacts cheaper than you can get them from Clearly Contacts. Visit the PM thread and you'll see that's true. No retail shop even comes close to those prices, and every time I see someone buying from a B&M store, I cringe.

Costco and walmart selling even cheaper than online.....I am sure......
Feb 24, 2012
15 posts
VANCOUVER
HowEver wrote: I'm pretty sure the last time I was in your store, I saw you ordering glasses and contacts from clearlycontacts.ca .

Prove me wrong....

I usually dont order anything online....I like to pay a little bit more and get better service.....I order my glasses from Lenscrafter...because i love to wear highend and high quality....
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4990 posts
2168 upvotes
MTOUDEHFALLAH wrote: I usually dont order anything online....I like to pay a little bit more and get better service.....I order my glasses from Lenscrafter...because i love to wear highend and high quality....

Lol
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Feb 24, 2012
15 posts
VANCOUVER
i dont undrestand you....doesnot matter who i am....i am sharing my idea .....do you have any answer to my questions?If yes please go a head....these are the summary of my comments and my answers....if you think i am wrong please let me know.Thanks....
.....I amnot defensive and evasive...I am telling cc and lenscrafter both are doing their business.....i left the following comment:

''''High end brand frames average cost is $150-$200 and lenscrafter selling those$220-$300 that means approxmiately %100 mark up. but Clearly contact average frame cost is (Based on CBC Marketplace) $5-$20 then they sell it between $30-$140 dollar, and this means they mark up %400-%700, so please let me know who is making more money?please be smart....thanks

and """ZORO69"""replied:
Except lensecrafter buys them from themself. All those designer brands are either owned by parent luxottica or have licensed their designer brand to them to slap on glasses they make at very low cost.

I should tell you LUXOTTICA paying millions dollar to designer to keep their license to sell their products....that means even LUXATTICA isnot making huge money...but CC doesnot need to pay those kind of money ....

I still believe CC has more mark up than Lenscrafter...this is all that i am trying to tell...and a again i dont have any problem with cc and i am someone like anybodyelse who likes to share her/his idea....nothing more...

Lenscrafter selling highend brand ant those should be more expensive than no name and knockoff one...in the meantime buying real brand name means we are supporting talented designer to make our life more exciting....Talented designer desire to make money according to their creation.....