[Clearly Contacts] Up to 80% off Frames + 40% off Lenses

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 3:53 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7467 posts
4947 upvotes
Canada
rajchakra wrote: “Otherwise you can ask family/friend to measure it, there are guides online.”
Don’t know how to measure that and I don’t have from previously.
Wear your current glasses, and ask someone to stand directly in front of you and mark the center of your eyes on the glasses (look straight and dont move your eyes) with a fine point white board marker. Then take off the glasses and measure the distance between the 2 points in mm using a ruler. Do this a few times to make sure it's as correct as possible

In some rare cases the pd might not be symmetrical, which means you will have to measure the distance from each eye to the center of your face. (Eg. 28mm for left eye, 30mm for right eye)
Nov 29, 2019
2 posts
How are you guys getting 12% via Rakuten? I'm only seeing 6%.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?
Dec 8, 2017
73 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
It's 6% now, but was higher yesterday
Sep 5, 2012
107 posts
28 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
RFDQ1016 wrote: Wear your current glasses, and ask someone to stand directly in front of you and mark the center of your eyes on the glasses (look straight and dont move your eyes) with a fine point white board marker. Then take off the glasses and measure the distance between the 2 points in mm using a ruler. Do this a few times to make sure it's as correct as possible

In some rare cases the pd might not be symmetrical, which means you will have to measure the distance from each eye to the center of your face. (Eg. 28mm for left eye, 30mm for right eye)
I recently tried this android app to mesure my pd and get my eyes prescription and found it quite accurate:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lass&hl=en
Feb 8, 2009
18 posts
6 upvotes
I belive the website has guides and even printable rulers to help you measure yourself.
Feb 5, 2015
278 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 2 glasses with upgraded lenses on the cheap side, 12% rakuten is bonus for me as insurance will cover the glasses.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8811 posts
6990 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I put through an order last night and immediately asked them via chat to place it on hold so I can confirm my latest prescription.
I was assured since I placed the order only minutes ago, the hold will not be an issue.
Today I asked them to go ahead with processing the order with one minor change.
They said they'd have to cancel my original order as it has already went into Production. WTF.
I am losing my 12% ebates because of mistake at their end.
Jan 8, 2008
480 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
DragonRider wrote: I put through an order last night and immediately asked them via chat to place it on hold so I can confirm my latest prescription.
I was assured since I placed the order only minutes ago, the hold will not be an issue.
Today I asked them to go ahead with processing the order with one minor change.
They said they'd have to cancel my original order as it has already went into Production. WTF.
I am losing my 12% ebates because of mistake at their end.
Never heard an online order going on HOLD. once placed its a 100% go ahead for them.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8811 posts
6990 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
iceprince wrote: Never heard an online order going on HOLD. once placed its a 100% go ahead for them.
They have been doing this for me for years.
Only got hassle this time.