• Nov 5th, 2017 12:21 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5118 posts
773 upvotes

Clek Car Seats -- all seats 15%

a good deal for someone who is planning on buying a Clek car seat

- yes. you can spend less elsewhere on a different car seat.

https://shop.clekinc.ca/
Last edited by milolai on Sep 15th, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
80 replies
Feb 21, 2012
69 posts
15 upvotes
TORONTO
Do you work for clek? I noticed you posted about them in the CT car seat thread.
Aug 11, 2017
82 posts
11 upvotes
Where's the deal op? Just stating 15% off may not mean anything if original price is marked up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8765 posts
610 upvotes
Lol he definitely works for clek. He's giving out coupons for clek
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Oct 27, 2009
66 posts
32 upvotes
Montreal
Store prices tend to be the same Clek website prices, similar to Bugaboo or Uppababy . Furthermore, Clek products tend to carry a premium when compared to other brands that Toys R us or Sears etc carry . They are usually well reviewed and have a different look than other brands.

As such, the current sale is in effect in most retailers that carry Clek products.

Here are some other options:

Amazon : https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... 2Ck%3Aclek
Rose et bleu : https://www.roseoubleu.com/en/marques/clek-55/

I have 2 Foonfs ( baby) and the Oobr (booster) and i recommend them to anyone if the price fits your budget.
Financial and Debt Advisor
Nov 9, 2005
784 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
The "Made in Canada" point caught my eye.

Can anyone explain why a Foonf model is any better in terms of safety and design than comparable Diono or Graco seats?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5118 posts
773 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 11:44 am
Lol he definitely works for clek. He's giving out coupons for clek
i don't work for Clek
or have anything to do with that industry.

i do have a 3 year old however and i did a lot of research before buying our carseats and would recommend a Clek to anyone who has the resources for it.
Last edited by milolai on Sep 15th, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 11, 2005
56 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
Regardless of who bdemarco works for, thanks for the tip. I love our Clek seats. Well built, pretty stylish, and my kid hasn't been able to stain one yet! Reviews about the Foonf and Floo being difficult to install or adjust don't seem fair. I find they are no more difficult than any other seat I've worked with. Read the manual, or call their support line if you can't figure it out. I bought my first seat from West Coast Kids, and my more recent from Snugglebugz. I see that both of them also have the sale so you aren't limited to clek.ca
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5958 posts
127 upvotes
Newpunk wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 12:01 pm
The "Made in Canada" point caught my eye.

Can anyone explain why a Foonf model is any better in terms of safety and design than comparable Diono or Graco seats?
last i checked foonf has one of the highest safety ratings and a honeycomb crumple zone whatever you call it
- i love the design of it and the colours choice
-their fabric is extremely easy to clean..
- extremely easy to install with extendable UAS
- extremely heavy (could be a negative), but for me it's a positive as I 'feel' it protects my kid a little more (opinion)
- comfortable
- rear facing up to 45-50 lbs, one of the highest, we wanted to keep our kid rear facing as long as possible
- not as wide as most conventional car seat (other than diono), so you could still use your middle seat

what i dont like is.. the retail price went up significantly, it used to be retail for $349 not too many years ago.
- rear facing takes up a lot of space with the rebound bar
- too expensive
- too expensive, if it's at it's current price, i would rather get another car seat.
- some people find it too heavy as a negative (hence it's really hard to travel with this)

oh and made in Canada.. :D

to your point, i was debating between peg perego, diono (didn't consider graco) and this and at the time, clek and diono were similarly priced, so i went with the clek with the better fabric and colour, but peg was our last choice and not even close.
images are not permitted in sigs
Sep 6, 2012
387 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
+1 for Clek product that is well build and made in Canada is just an extra bonus.

Going to buy a booster seat and this will be perfect timing for me. OP Thanked.

Btw, what is ppl's thoughts on backed booster seat vs backless? It is about $200 difference and I am still reading into this.
Sep 6, 2012
387 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
MTLGuru wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 11:51 am
Store prices tend to be the same Clek website prices, similar to Bugaboo or Uppababy . Furthermore, Clek products tend to carry a premium when compared to other brands that Toys R us or Sears etc carry . They are usually well reviewed and have a different look than other brands.

As such, the current sale is in effect in most retailers that carry Clek products.

Here are some other options:

Amazon : https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... 2Ck%3Aclek
Rose et bleu : https://www.roseoubleu.com/en/marques/clek-55/

I have 2 Foonfs ( baby) and the Oobr (booster) and i recommend them to anyone if the price fits your budget.
Hi there,

I personally won't buy from Amazon for Clek booster seat as couple reviews indicated that seat with older manufactured day (one review indicated 2+ old stock) was sent to customer.

https://www.amazon.ca/Clek-OL12C1-BK-Ol ... geNumber=1
May 21, 2012
118 posts
77 upvotes
Burlington
Tomy wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 12:11 pm
- rear facing up to 45-50 lbs, one of the highest, we wanted to keep our kid rear facing as long as possible
In Canada, the Clek Fllo and Foonf only rear face to 40lbs.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5118 posts
773 upvotes
y26day wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 12:15 pm
Btw, what is ppl's thoughts on backed booster seat vs backless? It is about $200 difference and I am still reading into this.
i bought 2 oobers.

i assume the back makes it a lot safer (but not sure)

i always assumed the backless ones are meant for older kids or when you need more portability.
Aug 11, 2017
82 posts
11 upvotes
$450 for the fllo. So no doubt these are premium car seats for those who can afford. But this is a colder deal than the CT deal which itself was not a hot deal.