Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Clek Car Seats -- all seats 15%

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2017 12:21 am
Jun 12, 2012
204 posts
34 upvotes
Thanks op perfect timing. my oldest one has Britax parkway SGL i am just wondering if Oobr is any better.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
My review from a deal posted a year ago. All points still stand.
clek-foonf-fllo-vs-radian-rxt-1697399/

I don't care what mumbo jumbo people will say about these. We have a Foonf and a Diono Radian. The Foonf is clunky, my CRV passenger seat has to be all the way to the front when rear facing so having an adult front passenger is impossible. The padding on this is pathetic. The headrest is hard, flat and not well designed and baby's head wobbles all over the place when she sleeps.

The Diono is comfortable, as evident by baby not crying during long car trips. Any trip more than 45 min we'll pull this piece of crap out of the CRV, take the Diono out of the wife's car and pop it in the CRV. That's a huge pain in the ass so you can imagine just how crappy this seat is.

BTW the Baby Gear Lab crash test was 7/10, which is extremely average especially considering the Britax marathon at almost half the price on sale is 9/10. Only dummies think paying more automatically means something is better or safer.

Another users review (agreeing with me) in same thread:
ZipSpeed wrote: I'll second this. I have 2 Fllo's in my wife's vehicle and they're definitely heavy seats that are clunky to maneuver. It's well constructed but as Cas77 mentioned, the padding on this seat is minimal. I have two Britax Marathon's in my vehicle and they're definitely easier to install, not nearly as hefty and have very good padding. Personally if I could have a do-over, I wouldn't have bought the Cleks and just went with the Britax.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
I heard from someone in the industry the people running Clek have been very successful lobbying the CSA to not test out other high end car seats trying to come to market in Canada.
Jun 12, 2012
204 posts
34 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: My review from a deal posted a year ago. All points still stand.

I don't care what mumbo jumbo people will say about these. We have a Foonf and a Diono Radian. The Foonf is clunky, my CRV passenger seat has to be all the way to the front when rear facing so having an adult front passenger is impossible. The padding on this is pathetic. The headrest is hard, flat and not well designed and baby's head wobbles all over the place when she sleeps.

The Diono is comfortable, as evident by baby not crying during long car trips. Any trip more than 45 min we'll pull this piece of crap out of the CRV, take the Diono out of the wife's car and pop it in the CRV. That's a huge pain in the ass so you can imagine just how crappy this seat is.

BTW the Baby Gear Lab crash test was 7/10, which is extremely average especially considering the Britax marathon at almost half the price on sale is 9/10. Only dummies think paying more automatically means something is better or safer.

its funny i was just reading your post from that thread. So in your opinion, britax is better when it comes to booster seat?

Thank you
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
frogger wrote: I heard from someone in the industry the people running Clek have been very successful lobbying the CSA to not test out other high end car seats trying to come to market in Canada.
I was talking to a Clek rep last weekend and he said Clek is the only car seat manufacture that publicly reports their safety test results.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1628 posts
1988 upvotes
Safety of your children is always a hot deal
Apr 11, 2005
139 posts
391 upvotes
Markham
Cas77 wrote: My review from a deal posted a year ago. All points still stand.

Say what all the negative things about Clek but at least they have not had a long list of recalls like Britax. i refuse to buy anything from Britax. Yes the marathon car seat is on that list ...buyer beware.

https://us.britax.com/service-support/safety-notices/

FYI Diono RADIAN also has a recall on that comfortable seat you mentioned... "A memory foam insert in the seat pan fabric may have been omitted at time of manufacture. This could allow forces to be transmitted to the seat occupant which would exceed limits allowable by the standards, increasing the risk of injury"
http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-al ... 1r-eng.php

Yes Clek has some recall on the OLLI, OOBR, and OZZI models but that is for manual and label translation errors and omissions

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-al ... 7r-eng.php
Last edited by tamanter on Sep 15th, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
wildlele wrote: Safety of your children is always a hot deal
Then buy a Volvo...LOL
Jan 8, 2017
42 posts
67 upvotes
We have two foonfs and they've been good to us, numerous (20+) trips back and forth to Gatineau from Toronto and no complaints from the kids regarding comfort. It's a good seat to put in and leave in due to the fact that they are heavy and a little unwieldy. If you're looking to move the seat around a lot I'd go for something a bit lighter.
May 21, 2012
334 posts
280 upvotes
Burlington
y26day wrote: Btw, what is ppl's thoughts on backed booster seat vs backless? It is about $200 difference and I am still reading into this.
A high back booster is a good choice for kids that are new to booster riding, as the back can help remind them to sit upright, support while sleeping, etc. Whatever booster is used, it is important to ensure the seat belt fits well - lap belt low and shoulder belt across the middle of the shoulder and against the chest. Not all boosters will work with all kids in all vehicles. This is definitely something to try before you buy.

While I love my Fllo, I don't have the same love for the Oobr. Many kids complain that the seat pan is too short. The Oobr can be a good choice in vehicles with problematic headrests that cannot be removed.
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
muskrat191 wrote: A high back booster is a good choice for kids that are new to booster riding, as the back can help remind them to sit upright, support while sleeping, etc. Whatever booster is used, it is important to ensure the seat belt fits well - lap belt low and shoulder belt across the middle of the shoulder and against the chest. Not all boosters will work with all kids in all vehicles. This is definitely something to try before you buy.

While I love my Fllo, I don't have the same love for the Oobr. Many kids complain that the seat pan is too short. The Oobr can be a good choice in vehicles with problematic headrests that cannot be removed.
Muskrat191,

Can you explain a bit more about the seat pan issue you encountered on the Oobr? Does that mean the kids' leg is sort of hanging without proper support?
May 21, 2012
334 posts
280 upvotes
Burlington
y26day wrote: Muskrat191,

Can you explain a bit more about the seat pan issue you encountered on the Oobr? Does that mean the kids' leg is sort of hanging without proper support?
There is a good picture in this review of the issue (note: I did not write and, in fact, have not even read this review. It was the first picture I found when I googled). https://csftl.org/clek-oobr-review/
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1825 posts
2198 upvotes
Markham
West Coast Kids is also doing the 15% promo on them too (also 15% on Diono, 20% for Nuna):
http://mailchi.mp/bb3279c05da1/save-on- ... e88c5e46b8

related: If you're looking for some of the Boon baby stuff they had good prices on a few items (rest I got at Toys R Us which was cheaper on sale, you get a 10% off coupon for signing up to their "R" rewards card). They were the cheapest I could find for the Boon Trip travel bottle brush ($19, most other places were $25+ if they even had stock). Shipping took about a week and a half to Markham (though they do have local stores in some cities).

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2206 posts
242 upvotes
I have a Britax marathon I've been using in a gti and needed a 2nd one for a mini countryman. I was debating between another marathon or fllo. I got the Britax again since on sale at Tru but didn't open it yet.

Britax has been good so far.. Not sure if I should go for the fllo? I do want something narrower so that I can seat 2 other ppl in the back but I'll still be using it rear facing and I hear the fllo takes up depth. Which I don't have much of either.

I think the fllo isn't as easy to install either.

Thoughts?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
ElvaSoShexai wrote: I think the fllo isn't as easy to install either.

Thoughts?
i can't comment on the britax vs fllo as i've never owned a britax seat. Our Britax infant seat was great though.

but the fllo/foonf to me seem super easy to install.

just very heavy.
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
muskrat191 wrote: There is a good picture in this review of the issue (note: I did not write and, in fact, have not even read this review. It was the first picture I found when I googled). https://csftl.org/clek-oobr-review/
Thanks. I was on the fence but will take my kid to try physically to see.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
How does this compare to Harmony 360
harmony.JPG

Price wise Harmony is only $169.
Clek has colorful fabrics.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
wildlele wrote: Got a 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 - Plug-in Hybrid
Beautiful vehicle.
Too bad ON dropped the rebate from $84xx to $3000, as I was really considering one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)