Health & Wellness

a clinic does not want to give the name of the massage and physio providers

[OP]
May 4, 2020
66 posts
14 upvotes

a clinic does not want to give the name of the massage and physio providers

Hi
I never been in massage and physio clinic before. I am insured to do 3 sessions each per year. So I saw one clinic closed by (Toronto) so I went there and ask what is the name of the massage and physic providers. They told me the massage done by a woman and physio by a man. I said ok, can I have their names of business cards. They told me NO, it is confidential. When you book an appointed and come that day, they will introduce themselves to you!! Is that common practice these days? Why it is confidential? Do not people want to know their qualifications and certificates etc? I found that is very strange. What do you think? Thank you so much.

The clinic name is Complete Wellness Health Care Clinic
and here is the link from google

Complete Wellness Health Care Clinic...
Last edited by lwlwlwlw on Aug 22nd, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13620 posts
3680 upvotes
Montréal
OMG your title looked hilarious so I had to come in here and once I read the OP it gave me a chuckle lol. Talk about kinky hahaaha. 'Secret Masseuse Services' lmao.

Ask them if it comes w a 'happy ending', then you'll know if it's legit or not hahaha.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
1937 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Never heard of this. Some will only provide first name but when they provide an insurance receipt they will disclose full name. Make payment conditional they provide you with a valid insurance receipt which may or may not require last names. Also how are you supposed to ensure they are in good standing with the regulator and confirm their experience with no last name?
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6371 posts
1203 upvotes
I’ve never had that experience, ever. I’d take my business elsewhere.
Sep 3, 2019
399 posts
243 upvotes
GTA
Place looks sketchy. Likely not registered massage therapists/physiotherapists. Any professional worth their money will want their potential client to know they are qualified before a visit, not after the visit when you walk away with more pain.

Postal code of this RMT is M6M1A6. Type it into postal code field - no data returned. Corporation name field isn't very effective.

Postal code of my RMT is M2N3B3 - plenty of RMTs found.

https://registrants.cmto.com/webclient/ ... ctory.aspx
Jun 10, 2016
237 posts
155 upvotes
Brampton
definitely sounds sketchy - you will need to know the persons full name to claim benefits and if they are not willing to give that they are probably up to something shady (i.e. having a non RMT give you a massage and then claim it under another RMTs name).
Oct 24, 2010
871 posts
663 upvotes
Ottawa
Agree with all of the above.

Different benefits providers also have differing requirements for massage therapist and physio credentials. For example, for massage, some providers don't care about the credentials, some require them to be registered with a provincial body, and some require them to have specific credentials with a specific regulatory agency (particularly in Quebec; it's pretty well regulated in most provinces, but Quebec has multiple massage therapist registration agencies, all with different requirements for registration, so some benefits providers only allow massage therapists registered with a specific subset of the more stringent agencies). As a result, to know with whom they're registered and what credentials they have is required for coverage from many providers.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10809 posts
5880 upvotes
Markham
Maybe they may have a bunch of different therapists who work there from day to day, shift to shift so who you get on a given day/time may change.

Maybe the person thinks you're collecting business cards and are gonna poach their staff.

Just go to a different clinic if you find it sketch.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10809 posts
5880 upvotes
Markham
Funny reading Google Reviews...this was one of them. LOL

(Translated by Google) Excelent bread and coffee with evaporated milk was as good as Starbucks. Excellent bread and the coffee with evaporated milk was just as good as Starbucks.

(Original)
Excelent bread and coffee with evaporated milk was as good as Starbucks. Excelente pão e o café com leite evaporado estava tão bom quanto o do Starbucks.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10806 posts
7131 upvotes
GTA, ON
That is more than odd and I'd stay away.

I'm more than happy to toss my business card left, right and center.

You have every right to know who the practitioners are, and to look them up via their regulatory College websites to ensure they are me of only in good-standing, but to make sure they have no prior criminal or restrictions on their license.

My only thinking is that perhaps they have a history of fraud from former patients and don't want strangers off the street submitting fake insurance claims.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Sep 7, 2010
72 posts
23 upvotes
T.Dot
Being a healthcare provider myself, this immediately is sketch. We have business cards available to anyone who wants one. Most reputable business also have a wall with a picture of the provider and their name to avoid any confusion. Registration numbers are always provided on receipts.
lwlwlwlw wrote: Hi
I never been in massage and physio clinic before. I am insured to do 3 sessions each per year. So I saw one clinic closed by (Toronto) so I went there and ask what is the name of the massage and physic providers. They told me the massage done by a woman and physio by a man. I said ok, can I have their names of business cards. They told me NO, it is confidential. When you book an appointed and come that day, they will introduce themselves to you!! Is that common practice these days? Why it is confidential? Do not people want to know their qualifications and certificates etc? I found that is very strange. What do you think? Thank you so much.

The clinic name is Complete Wellness Health Care Clinic
and here is the link from google

Complete Wellness Health Care Clinic...
Mar 15, 2012
45 posts
15 upvotes
TORONTO
Probably not registered massage therapists or physiotherapists. You need their names in order to submit your insurance claims.
Aug 1, 2012
894 posts
188 upvotes
Cambridge
Not a common practice for sure.. spouse is in the same profession and the clinic where she practises have her full bio on their website let alone name.