Close the Toilet Lid When You Flush

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 3:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8615 posts
2380 upvotes
Mississauga
Sgtalpowell wrote: It is really a big thing in Asia.

Not so much in USA and Canada?

I want to know how many people "do" it here.
I do but the wife not so much.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2624 posts
1541 upvotes
Ontario
"If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down"?! Face Screaming In Fear
Nasty...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9296 posts
1647 upvotes
TO
akswun wrote: Ever wonder what is falling on your toothbrush, that you unknowingly(or knowingly) brush into your mouth?
Yikes. Good thing we have them in cover ( oral b reusable heads).
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
2650 posts
2209 upvotes
GTA West
VicRav wrote: I close the lid. Whenever I have this conversation with someone who does not close the lid I tell them to try it for a week or two and pay attention the splatter that needs to be cleaned from the inside of the lid. When people start seeing the physical evidence they tend to change their habit.
And if you flush while sitting on the toilet, you usually feel a few drops of water or spray on your tush. So it does seem reasonable to lower the lid before flushing.
Feb 7, 2019
313 posts
234 upvotes
I don’t before but I notice my friends all have the timer toilet lid down so I just pick up that habit
I believe it is a mistake to judge the quality of a decision solely by its outcome. Good decisions (i.e. lumpsum investing) can have "bad" outcomes and bad decisions can have good outcomes simply because of luck— Germack
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1039 posts
159 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
Sgtalpowell wrote: You put them inside the cupboard?
If it were only that easy. Airborn bacteria can easily pass through the smallest opening there is in a cupboard.

Not directing this towards you Sgtalpowell, but in general I am surprised how many people ingest feces without knowing it. And not necessarily just their own. Touch a door knob or handrail ever? Guess what is more than likely on there, because many people don't wash their hands or don't wash properly after using the toilet. I remember swabbing a bunch of stuff in year one biochem and the most disgusting things are doorhandles, artificial nails (yes ladies, don't put your false nails in your mouth), and hair. I was surprised how much bacteria that will make you sick is on hair. I'm not even sure how it would get there - flushing without closing the lid first maybe?
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6704 posts
1442 upvotes
For the most part, I don’t close the lid prior to flushing. And I don’t care too much about it either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯