• May 4th, 2021 3:52 am
[OP]
Apr 7, 2007
225 posts
70 upvotes
ontario

Closed on a condo in March what paperwork

Hi everyone,

This is a redicilous question... I realize that.

I closed on a condo in March I haven't received any paperwork from the lawyers office. What should I expect from them? The deed? I signed a many forms, ideally I'd like them all back but what are the key items.
8 replies
Dec 5, 2020
332 posts
228 upvotes
sales agreement, proof of title search, insurance
[OP]
Apr 7, 2007
225 posts
70 upvotes
ontario
I should ask for the deed too right?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
6650 posts
4555 upvotes
Toronto
tribute4 wrote: I should ask for the deed too right?
your lawyer would have sent you the copy of the title transfer
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
1257 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
tribute4 wrote: Hi everyone,

This is a redicilous question... I realize that.

I closed on a condo in March I haven't received any paperwork from the lawyers office. What should I expect from them? The deed? I signed a many forms, ideally I'd like them all back but what are the key items.
Your lawyer will send you a package of all officials documents that you signed and proof your property was registered etc. If you took out a mortgage, the lender will send you a closing package with all their official documents.
Doug Boswell
intelliMortgage Inc. Brokerage #12326
FSRA #MO09002332
Mar 14, 2018
846 posts
776 upvotes
Did you remind your lawyer to send/email you the final report? My lawyer also didn't send it to me for two weeks after the closing so I had to email them twice and they finally sent it to me. Usually if you do in person closing the report is available on the signing date but it seems like with virtual signing this could get delayed.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3779 upvotes
Thornhill
It's long overdue, maybe your lawyer has a good explanation for not turning over the Transfer of Title and all other ancilliary documents to you.

Were I in your shoes I'd find out from a third party if the property was transferred to your name and for good measure the mortgagee on title if one. If you used a Realtor they can find out for you.
Mar 29, 2021
25 posts
15 upvotes
My lawyer took more than 3 months to get those to me, needless to say I didn't use them again.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
3007 posts
1703 upvotes
Ottawa
pinkmini wrote: My lawyer took more than 3 months to get those to me, needless to say I didn't use them again.
Yes it's not like monopoly. When you sell it's done electronically. No yellowed and wrinkled deed you need to turn over.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)