Computers & Electronics

[CLOSED!] Shure E2cs/NEW!E2gs: group buy (still taking participants)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2006 9:14 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
1763 posts
73 upvotes

[CLOSED!] Shure E2cs/NEW!E2gs: group buy (still taking participants)

Here's the jist:

> I have found a local seller called Sam, he is an authorized dealer of Shure products
> If you have any problems with the products, then HE WILL REPLACE THEM HIMSELF, no need to fight with shure
> He is a local seller and I have met him myself and he is very nice and curtious (as is everyone on RFD :cheesygri )
> The price is 100$ CND per unit (you may get more than one if you'd like)
> Shipping is 5$ within Ontario, 10$ anywhere else in Canada (I have confirmed this with Sam)
> You may choose either the E2cs (regular version) or the E2gs (gaming version) for the same price
> If you need to pay him, Paypal, or email the money to him (www.certapay.com ), email interac is available from all major canadian online bank.
> Of course you can meet-up, this is done at St. Patrick Station, at the timmies nearby (less than a block away).
> He will not run away with your money, I have his cell phone number and email.
> All money transfer is dealt through you and Sam, NOT ME!

> Cell phone: 416.712.3456
> Email: marcopoloca@sympatico.ca

> He is happy to answer any questions
> If you sign up, you will get (by PM) a unique PIN and when you pay you just show your PIN to him (he will have a list) and he will confirm you are one the list so this way no one can steal your reserved Shure headphones
> I said before ID would be nice but it's stupid so all you need is the PIN
> Those who have signed up already you will receive a PM very soon and those still interested there are still spots left. Registration closes
> Happy listening!

People interested so far (19 people!):

> The_Duke_Of_Eli (RECEIVED! 1 * E2c)
> DOUBLE_H_F (awaiting response to PM)
> sg1138 (1 * E2c)
> coriolis (is no more)
> nkn1983 (1 * E2g)
> bokep (awaiting response to PM)
> dakewldude (awaiting response to PM)
> Wildfire (awaiting response to PM)
> felix (awaiting response to PM)
> Sting (awaiting reponse to PM)
> iamdman (RECEIVED! 1 * E2c)
> Marlek (1 * E2c)
> orly (is no more)
> Felixdd (awaiting reponse to PM)
> mahpoaht (2 * E2c)
> 7-Endless (2 * E2c)
> SuckaB (awaiting reponse to PM)
> Tofu Drift Shinji (awaiting reponse to PM)
> Hodge (1 * E2g)

MEET-UP Feb. 24th 2100 hrs:

I met up with Sam today. I have confirmed with him that pick-up is most convenient with him at the Timmies near St. Patrick station. He came, we talked and he had both the E2gs and E2cs for me to chose from. I went with the E2cs. I quickly fired them up right now and they rock! I had the ceiling fan on in the bathroom with the foamies and I couldn't hear the fan! It was insane. QUality on par with my sr-60s. A full review is yet to come. Very nice guy. Will answer any questions you guys may have. I will post final specs above including shipping arrangements. Those who have already signed up, you will be getting PM. Those who are thinking about it, it's closed:

SATURDAY THE 25TH (TOMMOROW) at midnite

Anything past that day will not be able to take advantage of this. I love my shures...

FINAL EDIT!!!!!! FEB. 23rd 2100 hrs:

Had about 8 emails with Sam. Seems very nice. I am choosing him as our distributor for the following reasons:
> He is locally placed in GTA (most people that signed up are in GTA)
> Is an AUTHORIZED SHURE DEALER (will carry full 2 year warranty)
> Is very knowledgeable and we are getting best deal out there (From what I found)

So apart from that, I have information on the products themselves before getting to the price.

> These are brand new, sealed, direct from shure headphones which carry the full 2 year warranty, not ebay-stuff, however Shure is very good with warranties but this is just to be safe.

I did mention that there was a nice suprise. What is it? As you read the post title, you can choose between the E2cs OR E2gs. THe E2gs are the "gaming edition" and have a full black cover instead of the clear E2c. There is no other difference. Check them both out and choose:

E2c:

http://www.shurestore.com/earphones/ese ... .html#tech

E2g:

http://www.shurestore.com/earphones/eseries_e2g.html

Now the "pi
124 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20210 posts
5651 upvotes
GTA
I already have the E3c's but hey, what the hell, mind as well :D
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2005
1001 posts
I'm kinda broke but hell if they're for a right price I'll definitely be interested.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5736 posts
354 upvotes
injanear wrote:same here, for the right price i m in
add me too
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7482 posts
349 upvotes
BC
on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]eBay[/rfdlink], a Shure e2 costs about US$70. That's where I got mine.
insert witty comment
Banned
Feb 2, 2006
249 posts
theres a guy on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink], forgot his name sorry, but hes a shure cdn dealer and he might bite. his site is www.marcopolo.ca and his name is sam.
Jan 21, 2003
306 posts
91 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm in if the price is right, but it would have to be competitive with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]eBay[/rfdlink] - in the ~$100 CAD range incl shipping.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4368 posts
133 upvotes
Okay, I posted in the other thread, so I'm also in if the price is right.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18194 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
Depending on the price, and convenience of local pick up or shipping, i may be interested as well (downtown Toronto pick up would be far for most of us).
Jan 22, 2005
356 posts
I'm In ... I was able to be part of a group buy of the Atheros AR5006XS mini pci wireless card ...
RFD is My Life :D

NoteBoOk: ASUS z70va laptop: 2.0 Pentium M | 15.4" WSXGA | 1gb DDR2 RAM | 80gb 5400rpm HD | Atheros AR5006XS Wireless | A
Jul 20, 2005
814 posts
37 upvotes
just a reminder... make sure you dont buy internationally bcoz you'll ending up paying custom duty/tax after your purchased but if you're lucky no custom duty is a good deal! ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2172 posts
618 upvotes
i may be interested too if the price is right.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
1763 posts
73 upvotes
Thank you for the interest. If we get enough people, I'm HOPING to get it off a seller (on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink]) or off a distributor here in toronto. I'll add more info to the main post so check it out!
Oct 20, 2002
571 posts
28 upvotes
Kingston
I'm definitely interested.

edit to add: Are you just looking for people in the GTA, or outside as well? How would that work? I don't mind paying a little extra for shipping.
May 14, 2004
312 posts
2 upvotes
Is it going to be a problem getting them from the US? Isnt there goin to be tax and duty? I've also found this seller here on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink]. Mosty bids end around $60USD and shipping is $12.50USD. A little more than the other guy but theses are new. Plus he have the e2gs too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
1763 posts
73 upvotes
Marlek wrote:I'm definitely interested.

edit to add: Are you just looking for people in the GTA, or outside as well? How would that work? I don't mind paying a little extra for shipping.
It can be in or out of GTA. I will set terms later, but this is not restricted to GTA FYI.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
1763 posts
73 upvotes
injanear wrote:Is it going to be a problem getting them from the US? Isnt there goin to be tax and duty? I've also found this seller here on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink]. Mosty bids end around $60USD and shipping is $12.50USD. A little more than the other guy but theses are new. Plus he have the e2gs too.
That's nice but we need more. There are already 13 people interested. I only saw 4 posted, and we won't get a group discount.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)