clothes steamer instead of iron?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 9:16 am
[OP]
May 2, 2014
466 posts
181 upvotes

clothes steamer instead of iron?

hello.. is a clothes steamer a wise choice for minimizing the amount of time needed to iron dress shirts, pants, etc?

3 months of not having to iron has made me not want to go back to ironing. to time consuming to layout the fabric, etc.
6 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10146 posts
1397 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought my valet rowenta years ago when I started wearing suits everyday. Never went back to ironing.
But be sure if u get a decent steaming u use distilled water or after a few years your steamer wont work properly and u will need to run vinegar through it which sucks lol
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 37-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2569 posts
2524 upvotes
Ottawa
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: Bought my valet rowenta years ago when I started wearing suits everyday. Never went back to ironing.
But be sure if u get a decent steaming u use distilled water or after a few years your steamer wont work properly and u will need to run vinegar through it which sucks lol
If you have hard water, yes. If you have softer water, there's no real need to use distilled water.

I've had this Rowenta for 10 years and would never go back to ironing. It takes so much less time than ironing, and does just as good of a job.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44486 posts
7724 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: If you have hard water, yes. If you have softer water, there's no real need to use distilled water.

I've had this Rowenta for 10 years and would never go back to ironing. It takes so much less time than ironing, and does just as good of a job.
Hmmm 2.2 reviews?
Blanka
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2569 posts
2524 upvotes
Ottawa
djemzine wrote: Hmmm 2.2 reviews?
Interesting. Didn't even look at the reviews. It was bought for me as a gift about 10 years ago, and I haven't had any issues with it.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2059 posts
1330 upvotes
Durham
Aside from the steamer. I like to keep Downey Wrinkle Release in the car. When driving around from meetings, it comes in handy if you got a long drive and your clothes get wrinkled between. Also handy on vacations