CNE 2019 Food Building Coupons

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 12:40 am
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
13252 posts
10145 upvotes
GTA, ON
toguy wrote: Have not been keeping up with how much Tiny Tom donuts cost now at the CNE, but that $5 per dozen (when you buy 4 dozen) seems steep - wonder what they charge without the coupon?

For those who don't know, they have a permanent storefront in Markham near Woodbine and Denison I believe, so you don't necessarily have to wait for the CNE to get your fix...
They normally have a spin-the-wheel around the grounds where you spin the wheel for a coupon. Sometimes you will get a free dozen, or buy 2 dozen get 2 dozen free, or if you're lucky, buy 1 dozen get 3 dozen free.... just go at different times to spin until you get the coupon you want. lol...
Tis banana is IRIE

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
13252 posts
10145 upvotes
GTA, ON
A smart RFD will buy his lunch beforehand (like Mr.Sub) or have homemade sandwiches, and then bring it into the grounds, thus saving the cost of one overpriced meal.
Tis banana is IRIE

Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1508 posts
598 upvotes
Narkham
too bad no coupon for the dutch frites poutines.. those are why i go to the ex
RFD is the reason I live in poverty.
Jan 9, 2008
117 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote: Have not been keeping up with how much Tiny Tom donuts cost now at the CNE, but that $5 per dozen (when you buy 4 dozen) seems steep - wonder what they charge without the coupon?

For those who don't know, they have a permanent storefront in Markham near Woodbine and Denison I believe, so you don't necessarily have to wait for the CNE to get your fix...
Think I saw $7 at Wonderland.
Apr 10, 2011
838 posts
718 upvotes
chimaican wrote: A smart RFD will buy his lunch beforehand (like Mr.Sub) or have homemade sandwiches, and then bring it into the grounds, thus saving the cost of one overpriced meal.
What’s the point of going to the Ex then? The thing I most look forward to every year is the food!
Apr 10, 2011
838 posts
718 upvotes
Edit:

New this year! The Food Building special offers are available for the 2019 CNE! Please see below for a printable version of these special deals! Remember to cut these out before you arrive at the fair.

Guess you have to print them out?

Anyone know if we can just show the coupons on our phone? Or do we need to print out?
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
13252 posts
10145 upvotes
GTA, ON
lemmiwinks wrote: What’s the point of going to the Ex then? The thing I most look forward to every year is the food!
If you're going for the exotic I suppose.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just want to point out a lot of the coupons are for food you can get at any shopping mall and from the looks of it, a few are for a free fountain pop with meal purchase.
Tis banana is IRIE

Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14322 posts
9084 upvotes
Markham
They have some food special events

Food truck frenzy - Aug 22 to 26
Craft beer fest - Aug 22 to 26
Octoberfest Aug 29 to sep 2

https://theex.com/main/food/
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14322 posts
9084 upvotes
Markham
This is laughable to me....From BlogTO, here's 10 cheap foods you can get

Al Pastor Taco ($6)
Homemade Beef Patty ($4)
Mini Arancini Rice Balls (three for $6)
Baha Pollo Taco ($6)
Soft Pretzel ($4.50)
Jerk Tofu Skewer ($5)
Baha Cauliflower ($5.50)
Italian Sausage Hot Dog ($6)
Build-A-Pasta ($6)
Deep Fried Mars Bar ($6)

Really!?!?! Everything on this list is overpriced and a pass to me. Eg. $6 for a Italian Sausage Hot dog - I go to Costco and pay $1.50 for the dog and a drink.

It really is no wonder why attendance is dwindling year by year IMO. The old days of value are gone.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
May 24, 2015
50 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks! can't wait to go! it really helps since the food is so expensive there.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1827 posts
1852 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tkl wrote: Previous years they had buy one slice , get one slice free at pizza Nova, now it's replaced with a $5 off at jumbo whole pizza instead.
It's back with the advance tix purchase!
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12592 posts
2090 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi hi I grew up back east and I’m curious what the food building is like now, 30 years later? I use to live that place. And they seem to have really good value especially with coupon books.

Is it mostly overpriced now? Or good value etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
gr8dlr wrote: Link to directory
https://theex.com/assets/pdf/documents/ ... y_2018.pdf
Primo Spaghetti - $1 spaghetti (not great but it was $1 and nostalgia to eat it for some reason)
Better than Catellis overpriced Kraft/Heinz Crap.
Still only a $?
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
chimaican wrote: A smart RFD will buy his lunch beforehand (like Mr.Sub) or have homemade sandwiches,
Ziggys at NW corner of Bathurst and Bloor is good if thats on your way.
ZIGGYS.
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
gr8dlr wrote: This is laughable to me....
Really!?!?! Eg. $6 for a Italian Sausage Hot dog - I go to Costco and pay $1.50 for the dog and a drink.

It really is no wonder why attendance is dwindling year by year IMO. The old days of value are gone.
You can go to Costco year around to ride the shopping carts, look at the warehouse and buy in bulk more than you need after buying a membership.
Some truth to that.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2141 posts
575 upvotes
I need my yearly 99 cent spaghetti. If that price ever goes up, I'll flip a table.