Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CNE

CNE (Toronto) - Advance Tickets Now On Sale (up to 40% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2022 9:39 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2014
5026 posts
5811 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: CNE? I don't wanna hear about no CNE right now. That only means two things:
1. Dollar Drink Days @ McD's will be over (it hasn't even started yet!)
2. ANOTHER shitty winter even closer than it already is!

I dunno, the heyday to me was back in the 80s and 90s. Your dad would drive the family down from the suburbs and people would literally park on ppl's lawns and shit for like $5 or so, to avoid pricier parking, getting ticketed or towed, etc.

I'm sure those days are long over with things being more built up, more bylaws and crap, and higher population numbers.

Also tickets 40% off? LOL what tickets? No one ever paid admission to get into the CNE back then. It was basically optional! I think you'd only have to pay if you went in the early morning, if you went late morning or afterwards, people just walked in the out gates and all kinds of stuff like that :lol:

Anyway I haven't been to the CNE in like 20 years probably. For the past decade or more the main attraction has just been weird foods where they do madness like drill a hole through an apple, stick a hot dog through it, wrap it in bacon, dip it in batter, deep fry it, and top with whip cream and serve with ice cream and a carrot...or some other similar craziness :rolleyes:
CNE = horse and pony show that is overpriced. Gone are the days that you get some freebies at the food building. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1300 posts
2445 upvotes
Save up to 40% off? I don’t know what’s worse, that the regular admission is set to be nearly $30 each or that the rides are almost $60 regularly (uhhhh approaching Wonderland pricing?). I’ll probably just end up buying tickets during CNE it’s usually cheaper then
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
I'd say that most of the rides at Wonderland are too scary for me or I'm just sick and tired of seeing all the TikToks of rides stuck in the air.
Not to mention it's more than just rides.

Pick your poison I guess
What? Wonderland? Those rides are super safe...amazingly safe compared to a carnival show like CNE with temp installations. You would have to be crazy to get on a ride at the CNE lol.

Wonderland has never had a serious accident I don't think, at least not in the past 30 years; pretty sure never been any fatalities from being on a ride either. The only deaths I remember ever occurring at Wonderland was from people getting shot by criminal scumbags, which isn't really in control of the park, esp. when I think they've all happened in the parking lot/outside the park. Rides might get stuck from time to time but better to spend an hour getting off a ride that is stuck or stopped, than to fly off it lol. When you get stuck on a ride they also give you a bunch of free stuff usually--vouchers for food, skip the line, free next visit, etc.

Also, lay off the tiktok.
FutureHeartsJunkie wrote: There's one time that me and my dad took the GO Train to the CNE back in the early to mid-1990s - back when 35mm cameras were the norm.

I still have that picture of me and my dad on the GO Train - in which it was as a entry for GO Transit's 50th anniversary contest (known as the "GO Stories" campaign) back in 2017. I was among those who won the contest at that time!
Oh wow pretty nice :) Both the memory and the win!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: What? Wonderland? Those rides are super safe...amazingly safe compared to a carnival show like CNE with temp installations. You would have to be crazy to get on a ride at the CNE lol.

Wonderland has never had a serious accident I don't think, at least not in the past 30 years; pretty sure never been any fatalities from being on a ride either. The only deaths I remember ever occurring at Wonderland was from people getting shot by criminal scumbags, which isn't really in control of the park, esp. when I think they've all happened in the parking lot/outside the park. Rides might get stuck from time to time but better to spend an hour getting off a ride that is stuck or stopped, than to fly off it lol. When you get stuck on a ride they also give you a bunch of free stuff usually--vouchers for food, skip the line, free next visit, etc.

Also, lay off the tiktok.

Oh wow pretty nice :) Both the memory and the win!
I agree about their safe-ness, I too believe in setups that are not put up for 2 weeks and then taken down ... Canada's Wonderland is permanent.
However, as of lately and maybe social media blasting them every single time they have an issue, there seems to be a lot. So much so that I have no appetite for it, personally.
Also, not a thrill seeker with rollercoasters and would be looking at the rides for the little ones over anything else.

I don't personally go to the CNE for the rides, was all that I was saying (and haven't for years). It's sort of "in addition" to other things.
At Wonderland, I think that's the ONLY reason you go, IMO (maybe now, they have the waterpark)
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: I agree about their safe-ness, I too believe in setups that are not put up for 2 weeks and then taken down ... Canada's Wonderland is permanent.
However, as of lately and maybe social media blasting them every single time they have an issue, there seems to be a lot. So much so that I have no appetite for it, personally.
Social media blasting you say eh? Is that as good as walnut blasting? heehee

But seriously if you have no appetite for it, stop "social media-ing" or "blasting" or whatever--try walnuts instead, they prolly taste better and blast better too ;)
Jul 28, 2018
435 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
Did CNE end up getting funding from the City after their campaign to Save the Ex?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Error416 wrote: Did CNE end up getting funding from the City after their campaign to Save the Ex?
That is a GREAT question that I unfortunately have not found an answer to. Here's what the CNE said (sort of dated now)
Save the CNE!
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) would like to thank Councillor Mike Layton and his team for the savethecne.ca initiative that launched after the announcement from the City of Toronto last week. This platform has allowed our wonderful CNE community to sign a petition to urge the federal and provincial governments to provide emergency funding that will allow for a 2022 CNE. Another big thank you goes out to all the people who have already taken the time to fill out this petition on our behalf!

If you have not yet had the opportunity to sign the petition (and would like to), please visit www.savethecne.ca and help us to keep our gates open!

For more information on the CNE 2021 closure, please click here to read the full press release.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
2182 posts
218 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
Error416 wrote: Did CNE end up getting funding from the City after their campaign to Save the Ex?
DaVibe wrote:
That is a GREAT question that I unfortunately have not found an answer to. Here's what the CNE said (sort of dated now)
Save the CNE!
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) would like to thank Councillor Mike Layton and his team for the savethecne.ca initiative that launched after the announcement from the City of Toronto last week. This platform has allowed our wonderful CNE community to sign a petition to urge the federal and provincial governments to provide emergency funding that will allow for a 2022 CNE. Another big thank you goes out to all the people who have already taken the time to fill out this petition on our behalf!

If you have not yet had the opportunity to sign the petition (and would like to), please visit www.savethecne.ca and help us to keep our gates open!

For more information on the CNE 2021 closure, please click here to read the full press release.
As it turned out, there hasn't been any traction since the "Save the CNE" campaign.

I found out that someone advised me that the CNE tickets that I had bought as part of the CNE kit back in 2020 - had expired...:(

If the rumours are true than my tickets are nothing but paperweights... :(
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
FutureHeartsJunkie wrote: As it turned out, there hasn't been any traction since the "Save the CNE" campaign.

I found out that someone advised me that the CNE tickets that I had bought as part of the CNE kit back in 2020 - had expired...:(

If the rumours are true than my tickets are nothing but paperweights... :(
Who said that? No ... The prepaid tickets will be valid for this year, I emailed and asked that question.
It was prepaid for the upcoming season. Upcoming season got pushed to this year (due to COVID). Many people participated in the promo, it's not like they went bankrupt. Absolutely do not accept that as a solution - no way. Many people have outstanding tickets and I was told they would be valid. They should have a QR code.

Edit: Sorry, we may be talking about different things but clarify with CNE. Not sure what "CNE Kit" you are referring to?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10205 posts
11263 upvotes
I always feel 'sorry' for the CNE because of my hate towards it purely due to it signaling the end of summer.

It's not the CNE's fault, but hot damn is it depressing seeing it mentioned no matter the time of year.

Probably just me.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
2182 posts
218 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
DaVibe wrote:
Who said that? No ... The prepaid tickets will be valid for this year, I emailed and asked that question.
It was prepaid for the upcoming season. Upcoming season got pushed to this year (due to COVID). Many people participated in the promo, it's not like they went bankrupt. Absolutely do not accept that as a solution - no way. Many people have outstanding tickets and I was told they would be valid. They should have a QR code.

Edit: Sorry, we may be talking about different things but clarify with CNE. Not sure what "CNE Kit" you are referring to?
This is what I'm referring to - the "CNE in a Box":
https://www.gotransit.com/en/travelling ... events/cne
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
FutureHeartsJunkie wrote: This is what I'm referring to - the "CNE in a Box":
https://www.gotransit.com/en/travelling ... events/cne
You should be good IMO. 2021 CNE didn't happen, therefore these are 2022 tickets. You can confirm with CNE if you'd like but they told me that if they have a QR code, they will scan it.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
2182 posts
218 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
DaVibe wrote: You should be good IMO. 2021 CNE didn't happen, therefore these are 2022 tickets. You can confirm with CNE if you'd like but they told me that if they have a QR code, they will scan it.
Thanks for your insight. I've been holding on to those tickets for almost two years in my filing cabinet and hopefully, they will be valid this year!
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
2182 posts
218 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
sprung wrote: For the CNE weekends , consider taking $10 unlimited GO Transit. GO is free for kids 12 and under.

go-transit-go-transit-unlimited-weekend ... 2-2475761/
I do wanted to stress that the $10CDN one day weekend (Saturday or Sunday) and the $15CDN all-weekend passes are only accessible via smartphone only. If you are using the PRESTO card - this does not apply (but you still need to tap in at your departing GO Train station and tap off at Exhibition GO station. Don't forget to take account with the transfers - if you're transferring from GO Bus to GO Train and/or vise-versa).

Speaking of GO, I found out that through this resource that I posted (https://www.gotransit.com/en/blog/summer-events) - there's a special message if you have tickets that were destined for the 2020 or 2021 editions of the CNE (both of which were cancelled due to the pandemic), they will be honoured at the gates.

I'm hoping you folks didn't delete your e-tickets for the CNE for the 2020 and/or 2021 editions!

That's why I had "hoarded" my 2021 CNE tickets that were bought as part of the "CNE in a box" set back in 2020.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
FutureHeartsJunkie wrote: I do wanted to stress that the $10CDN one day weekend (Saturday or Sunday) and the $15CDN all-weekend passes are only accessible via smartphone only. If you are using the PRESTO card - this does not apply (but you still need to tap in at your departing GO Train station and tap off at Exhibition GO station. Don't forget to take account with the transfers - if you're transferring from GO Bus to GO Train and/or vise-versa).

Speaking of GO, I found out that through this resource that I posted (https://www.gotransit.com/en/blog/summer-events) - there's a special message if you have tickets that were destined for the 2020 or 2021 editions of the CNE (both of which were cancelled due to the pandemic), they will be honoured at the gates.

I'm hoping you folks didn't delete your e-tickets for the CNE for the 2020 and/or 2021 editions!

That's why I had "hoarded" my 2021 CNE tickets that were bought as part of the "CNE in a box" set back in 2020.
Nice to see something written about that, even if it's from GO and not the CNE themselves.
Thanks for the update.
theflyingsquirrel wrote: How about corporation discount?
Probably closer to the actual event.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Banned
Oct 15, 2007
239 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto & West V…

Free kids pass 2022.. generic barcode this year
Show on your phone or print

Each Kids Pass admits one child 13 years of age or younger on any one day of the 2022 CNE. Please note rides are not included. The FREE Kids Pass is only available for download until August 18, 2022.

Note: Children 4 years and under are admitted for free to the CNE and a pass is not required.

https://www.theex.com/wp-content/upload ... ONLINE.pdf

https://www.theex.com/cne-kids-pass-ins ... &fs=e&s=cl
________

You can't argue with ignorance