Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

CNE Freebies Megathread

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2017 5:55 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2025 posts
330 upvotes
Ontario

CNE Freebies Megathread

Post any freebies you come across here! Please include location on the grounds as well as who is giving out and what the freebie is.
10 replies
Dec 10, 2015
199 posts
229 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I got a ton of free napkins at the food court!
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2595 posts
943 upvotes
GTA
Free collapsible water bottle from the U of T Engineering!

Located outside of the Queen Elizabeth Building.

You must have Twitter or Facebook to get the freebie.

You take a small quiz (don't have to answer it correctly) and retweet/FB post it.
Last edited by pink_panda on Aug 24th, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 21, 2014
79 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Went last Saturday here are the things I came across. Some might be a one day thing so I'm not sure if they will be there when you check.

- Free Voucher to redeem a can of Shiny Cider at local LCBO at the Shiny booth located in the Food Truck Frenzy/Craft Beer Fest.
- Free Tiny Toms at the food building. They set up a spin wheel with the best offer being Free Dozen Donuts. Second best is Buy 1 get 2.
- Free Paper Chicken Hat, Sticky Wallet case for Phone, Thunder Stick, Chicken Balloon, or Lip Gloss via Spin the Wheel. After which you can walk to the platform and get half a hot dog and 2 mozzarella stick for free. This is to promote Maple leafs Halal brand. Located at the back of the Arts and Craft Center near the Parkour Event Stage.
- Another maple leaf booth set up at the Farm building, same prizes as above, plus foam finger.
- Free Gum from Excel near the Enercare Building.
- Free paintball session card from Sgt Splatter near the Enercare Building.
- Free Caesar mix taste test at the Food Truck Frenzy Area.
- Free cash from Meridan at the entrance of Food Truck Frenzy Area. Throw bean Bags to reveal money which they will put into a newly created account which you may withdraw the money out from in 60 days. Best amount is $40, 30 and $20 totaling $90 dollars. I did not do this simply got the information by asking the attendant of the booth.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24581 posts
34230 upvotes
Toronto
For cheapos, we were able to watch the CNE water show for free yesterday. The bridge at Ontario Place to Western most part of the property gives you some spectacular views of the action
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Apr 17, 2015
332 posts
151 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
For the free cash from Meridan, I got 100, I threw 3 bean bags, 30, 30, 10, plus spin on the machine, 30. So if you are lucky, 30, 30, 30, plus spin, spin could give you up to 1000(what they say), that's 1090. I really doubt there is 40 for the bean bag throw. I'm still thinking should I open another account for my little money.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5750 posts
1785 upvotes
Toronto
great thread, thanks OP, always something to look forward to at the ex
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2025 posts
330 upvotes
Ontario
bump for anyone going this weekend
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2016
1321 posts
1691 upvotes
Toronto
Front entrance at Princess Gates there is a row of Mustang car viewings. If you go in they have sample taste test for MadJack ciders and another booth for PopShoppe alcohol. Madjack taste sample were reasonably full with 1 oz cups.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24581 posts
34230 upvotes
Toronto
Free dog food bags at Super Dogs show
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Aug 8, 2014
150 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There was a Meridian matching game inside one of the buildings (different from the bean bag throw). Voucher I got is for $50 + $50 bonus = $100 total. From what I understand, to redeem you have to bring the voucher into a branch and also, "have made a deposit into a non-registered High Interest Savings Account in an amount not less than their Savings Starter Voucher amount."

Does this mean that if I open an account and deposit 5K, I'll get $100 from their current web offer, and then if I go into a branch to hand in the voucher, I'll get another bonus $100? Cuz if that's the case then that's a pretty nice and easy $200.