Expired Hot Deals

Coach

COACH handbags-fashion outlets -niagara falls USA- over half the store is 50% off!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2009 9:08 am
[OP]
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto

[Coach] COACH handbags-fashion outlets -niagara falls USA- over half the store is 50% off!

Take your wife to the FASHION OUTLET mall off of MILITARY TRAIL in Niagara Falls USA. Reward her with a genuine COACH handbag. Bags regularly priced from $150 to $400 are going for $75 to $200. i.e. 50%... and not just a few clearance items! Over half the store is 50% off!.

To boot, gas is $1.80 USD per gallon (which translates to 0.65 per litre (CAN))
34 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6953 posts
1482 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I think that's the regular outlet prices no? Everytime I go most things are 50% off anyways ...

Though last time I went it was just after Christmas and they gave you another 10% off everything at the register. Don't know if that's still the case.

Word of caution though. You get no tax exemption if you come back to Canada within 24 hours.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Nov 30, 2006
323 posts
number8888 wrote: I think that's the regular outlet prices no? Everytime I go most things are 50% off anyways ...

Though last time I went it was just after Christmas and they gave you another 10% off everything at the register. Don't know if that's still the case.

Word of caution though. You get no tax exemption if you come back to Canada within 24 hours.
^ was just going to say the same
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4574 posts
432 upvotes
Has anyone else noticed that the products at Coach outlets are not even CLOSE to the products at a regular coach store.

My wife buys coach like crazy and every time we go to the outlet, we can't believe it.......

My wife buys coach meaning I need to spend time on RFD looking for deals.
Jul 16, 2003
433 posts
18 upvotes
Would only ever buy coach at an outlet - otherwise....way overpriced for a purse...sheesh.

Anyhow - my sis and I go over regularly as in once every 2 weeks...we have claimed as much as $100 each with a case of beer and never had to pay tax or duty, and this is for a trip that last approximately 5 hours...and we never lie.

This is lewiston bridge crossing.
Finally - a win in the Pepsi Contest, 2009.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4574 posts
432 upvotes
livingskiessaskatoon wrote: Would only ever buy coach at an outlet - otherwise....way overpriced for a purse...sheesh.

Anyhow - my sis and I go over regularly as in once every 2 weeks...we have claimed as much as $100 each with a case of beer and never had to pay tax or duty, and this is for a trip that last approximately 5 hours...and we never lie.

This is lewiston bridge crossing.

Except it's not the same coach you get from a coach store or authorized retailer like Holt is what I'm saying...

I think for sure they create a second down line for the outlets, come to think of it I think most stores do.

It's like Banana Republic outlets, the stuff is utter crap compared to what's in the stores. Not even close to being the same. More like Gap with the BR label.

But yeah I'll agree, Coach is overpriced.
Jul 14, 2002
629 posts
269 upvotes
Mississauga
It's the same items as the regular coach store gets, just ususally its a season or a year behind the styles. My girlfriend bought a purse at the regular Coach store here on Bloor on "clearance" for like $250 and then saw the same purse there for $140 US (This was when the dollar was still on parity). Bought that purse and returned it to the original Coach store without problems :P
Jan 10, 2003
239 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I was there on Sat. and a lot of items were on sale for 50% off (a lot of styles of handbags). Men's wallet and groves are at 30% off....and also selections of women's wallet for around $70-80USD after discount..
Jan 14, 2003
469 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lindmar wrote: Except it's not the same coach you get from a coach store or authorized retailer like Holt is what I'm saying...

I think for sure they create a second down line for the outlets, come to think of it I think most stores do.

It's like Banana Republic outlets, the stuff is utter crap compared to what's in the stores. Not even close to being the same. More like Gap with the BR label.

But yeah I'll agree, Coach is overpriced.
The stuff at the outlet are not always crap. You just need to look carefully. I agreed that they create a second line for outlet only stuff but they also have some regular store item. The second line stuff does not necessary all crap as well.

Take BR as example, I was looking for some meriano wool sweater, I am looking for the diamond shape ones and I looked at the label, the one at regular store are 50% meriano wool, 10% silk, 10% polyester etc and the one in outlet is 100% meriano wool. The price is also cheaper at the outlet, so I bought the one at outlet. Also, didn't everyone notice that plain color T-shirt the regular store have? It suddenly comes up when the sale start just before christmas, selling for 7.99 or something. I would say that is crap, like exactly port from Gap or old navy.

Coach is also the same thing, my wife actually go often enough that she could identify from the label which are made specifically for outlet and what is for regular store. Mind you not all outlet stuff there are for low quality, they maybe just style not preferred or considered not ongoing style etc. Although you know most female would pick a regular store item over the outlet one just because they are ----"regular". :|

So you just need to make judgement all the time. And isn't all RFDer that smart all the time? They don't just look for the cheapest stuff but also quality as well. :razz:
[OP]
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Thankfully my wife won't read this next comment of mine...

All name brand handbags cost too much, lol... anything over $100 is too expensive, hehehe...

But at least my wife won't spend anything more than $200 for a bag. I still can't believe ladies I have met before her who spent over $600 for a bag. OUCHIE!
Dec 7, 2008
672 posts
133 upvotes
mkassapian wrote: Thankfully my wife won't read this next comment of mine...

All name brand handbags cost too much, lol... anything over $100 is too expensive, hehehe...

But at least my wife won't spend anything more than $200 for a bag. I still can't believe ladies I have met before her who spent over $600 for a bag. OUCHIE!
Try a $2400 Chanel bag. That one hurts the pocket book.
May 18, 2005
605 posts
112 upvotes
I heard that the outlet store are selling "COACH factory" products instead of "COACH" if you check those metal badge inside the bags.
Jan 18, 2009
12 posts
I've heard that the new line of bags in the Coach stores are released in outlets one year later...

whether it's true or not, I'm not sure...
[OP]
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
CanuckFlyHigh wrote: Try a $2400 Chanel bag. That one hurts the pocket book.
OMG... hope to heck you were not stuck getting your lady a $2400 Chanel bag...Damn that's huge price!

I will never complain again for my wife buying anything :D

Michael
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6953 posts
1482 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Coach is one of those high-class brands that are actually affordable, as in not breaking the bank expensive. I think they call it "affordable luxury". Of course this is compare to the REALLY expensive stuff like Prada, Gucci, Chanel, LV, etc. that easily cost over 1000 each.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Oct 16, 2007
394 posts
44 upvotes
London
Last time I was at the Coach outlet in Windsor I asked them about their brand! This is what I was told.
They have items for outlet only and they have items from the store that were last season or out of fashion now.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2005
1732 posts
242 upvotes
BC
When i was in vegas 2 weeks ago.. my wife went crazy at the outlets
30-75% off..
i bought 2 x bags for 70USD
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1511 posts
31 upvotes
number8888 wrote: Coach is one of those high-class brands that are actually affordable, as in not breaking the bank expensive. I think they call it "affordable luxury". Of course this is compare to the REALLY expensive stuff like Prada, Gucci, Chanel, LV, etc. that easily cost over 1000 each.
'affordable luxury' really equates to:

"Hey, I really want to have name brands but I can't afford them. My morals are high enough that I don't want to buy knockoffs..so... let's buy the next best thing, COACH!"
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7741 posts
1420 upvotes
Toronto
gwu wrote: 'affordable luxury' really equates to:

"Hey, I really want to have name brands but I can't afford them. My morals are high enough that I don't want to buy knockoffs..so... let's buy the next best thing, COACH!"
In Asia (Hong Kong and Japan) their Coach products are quite expensive and considered as high end luxury and are priced almost similar to Gucci, Prada, etc.
They are even considered as high end luxury (perhaps because they are imports).
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2308 posts
351 upvotes
North York
gwu wrote: 'affordable luxury' really equates to:

I disagree with that kind of stereotype.

Each Brand has its distinctive look and style -- not everybody buy a bag because of its brand ... and not everybody buy COACH because they can't afford GUCCI or Prada.

It's just a really weird point of view.