• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2020 10:28 am
[OP]
Sep 29, 2014
38 posts
33 upvotes
Brampton, ON

Coach Store and Coach Outlet

I purchased a ladies purse from coach outlet in the Vaughan Mills and then I looked back at the Coach Website, the purse is not available at Coach Website.
However, when I looked at the coach outlet website the purse Is available.
What I found was the items in Coach and Coach Oulet are different.Even the logos are different.
Are the outlet stores taking advantage of using Coach me, when the sell the items making us believe they are same as store items.
10 replies
Jan 25, 2016
175 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
Traditionally, Outlet stores sell the stock that did not pass quality control for their stores. The “seconds” end up at the outlet retail locations. Therefore, you are likely to see differences in the same items.

If you got a good deal on your purchase and can live with the differences/minor flaws, it’s worth it.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12552 posts
9781 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Plus ...
Having learned this from my daughters ...
Coach is a Co that has an assortment of official logos
The Coach, the C
And Rexy
Maybe that’s what you encountered

Want real deals on Coach
Head to the US Stores & Outlets
Or look at US Dept Stores like Macy’s
Mar 5, 2008
377 posts
62 upvotes
HelloNanaimo wrote: Traditionally, Outlet stores sell the stock that did not pass quality control for their stores. The “seconds” end up at the outlet retail locations. Therefore, you are likely to see differences in the same items.

If you got a good deal on your purchase and can live with the differences/minor flaws, it’s worth it.

nowadays most brands have specific lines which are sold at Outlets and don't carry the same skus as flagship stores
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12750 posts
2050 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Outlet stores often have "made for outlet only" merchandise. This doesn't apply to all outlet stores. You need to do your research. "Caveat emptor". Savvy shoppers know this kind of stuff as outlet malls have existed for quite a while now and consumer reporters have publicized this marketing strategy for years.

I have never bought anything from Coach or Coach outlets, nor researched them.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Jan 25, 2016
175 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
It depends on the company and what they are selling. Clothing companies will sell factory seconds at the outlet stores, not specific skus.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1211 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
Garest wrote: nowadays most brands have specific lines which are sold at Outlets and don't carry the same skus as flagship stores
This. The items (and quality of them) sold at Coach outlets are very different from the items sold at the flagship and mall locations. As far as "making you believe they are the same" - what did they specifically do to make you think that?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
6684 posts
2391 upvotes
Markham
Usually companies have different line for outlets, not just coach
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3126 posts
1728 upvotes
Vancouver
This is common sense.

Coach has 14 outlet stores across Canada.

Did you really think the operations planning team at Coach is so bad at sales forecasting, they're able to fully stock 14 outlet stores?
Aug 11, 2018
29 posts
44 upvotes
I'm not an expert on outlet stores and stuff. But as far as I remember CBC market place did a program on outlet stores. One thing they highlighted was that some companies specially design products that will be sold at outlet stores. So the items that bought through outlet stores may not have the same quality as their items sold in normal stores.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1613 posts
807 upvotes
If anyone need a refresher about outlet store(s).