Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Coast capital

Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 7:07 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
7193 posts
1985 upvotes

Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Coast capital
https://www.coastcapitalsavings.com/promotions/chequing

You need either payroll in or one authorised bill payment..afaik this is across Canada ( Quebec may be an exemption)

Get $500 30 days after meeting eligibility requirements

Mod Edit: Do not ask for a referral or state that you have one to give. Comments like "PM me for details” or “you’ve got a PM" is also not allowed - you may get an infraction, additionally, sending unsolicited referrals through private message which gets reported will almost certainly earn you an infraction.
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 12th, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated title
Thread Summary
***As of approx. 3pm on Sept. 12th, now limited to BC Residents only for new sign ups***

DO NOT ask for referrals in this forum

Online open:
(1) SIN and all info needed
(2) Hard Equifax Inquiry
(3) Easy funding
(4) Long long long to get debit card

BTW NO HOLD on cash deposit if good credit

Edit from Thatdealguy

Make sure you do 2 different PAD from a different company.
IE: Fido bill & Rogers bill will only count as 1. I've done it before.

This is important
When you are approved, call customer service 1 (888) 517-7000 and ask them to op-out your SIN number.
Many big companies are leaking personal information.

$500
Opening a CHQ account and doing one of two within 90days

1. Direct deposit once
2. PAD once with min $50 and needs to be done twice over 90 days.

Referral bonus $50

Need a referral link, and a min initial deposit of $105, $5 goes to credit union $100 goes into CHQ account to qualify for it.

To apply for the application you need to click either BC or ON if you live in other provinces.
(Sorry Quebec you don't get in on this deal)

From @tofinoguy:
Here's some handy hints that I see that not everyone might not be doing correctly.

If you're planning on using the recurring pre-authorized debits as your way to qualify for the $500, makes sure you understand what a pre-authorized debit is. A bill payment from the Coast Capital website is not a PAD. This involves going to your credit card company, cell phone provider, utility bill or whatever, giving them your Coast Capital account info, and having them automatically debit your account when the bill is due. For this offer, each debit needs to be at least $50 and there needs to be two. This part needs to be done within 90 days of account opening (eg your second month is debited by then). Switching your payroll may be easier since that's only one month.

For the referral $50, you need to fund your account with $100 (plus $5 for the member share) within the first 30 days. You can use an eTransfer OR payroll deposit. So realistically one payroll deposit kills two birds with one stone and is the easiest way to get both bonuses, as long as it's within 30 days of account opening and over $105. Don't forget to leave $100 in your account for at least one full day.

Final note is that some people are getting account info right away, and others will have to wait a few days for manual intervention. That's happening to a lot of people, maybe the address you've entered doesn't match your credit file or something else like that. The "two days" quoted in the email may be longer because they are slammed right now but they are getting through them so patience is key. There is absolutely no point in calling them. I've seen lots of posts on here about people calling and none of them have had their application expedited. Just sit tight and you'll get an email when things are ready to go.
MrDisco:
Transit Number - 17170
Institution Number - 809
Your account number is not the 8 digit debit card number they email. you. It's also not your membership number. It's a 12 digit number in light grey on the My Accounts page after you sign in.

The iOS app is the white background colour icon. The blue background colour icon is the old version.

Thanks to asmcar for this PayTM timeline:
September 11 - Opened account online and immediately received email about verifying ID at Canada Post (this seems to be an exception to most people as not everyone needs to go to CP).
September 12 - Account open and welcome email with account number. The Switch Me or whatever email link didn't work for me. Using the debit card number from the other email they sent around the same time I could set up my account online and log in.
September 12 - Deposited $120, overnight $5 taken for member shares automatically.
September 16 - Set up account as Bank with PayTM through App menus: More > Payment Methods > Bank Account > Add Bank or other Credit Union. Received confirmation email from PayTM micro deposits would be made to confirm account (Microtransactions are only if the Username+PIN method of authenticating your account doesn't work)
September 17 - 2 x micro deposits made, verified amounts in PayTM app.
September 18 - Scheduled two payments through PayTM App to Amex CC. Both for $51, one for ASAP which was around a week away, and the other for a day after that.
September 18 - PayTM pulled first lot of $51
September 19 - PayTM pulled second $51
September 23 - Bonus $500 paid during the day, it was not there first thing in the morning. I transferred out via Interac same afternoon I saw it there.

Thanks to ghilborn for this tip:
Just spoke with a CSR who confirmed that for the $50 referral bonus, the referred person must activate and make 1 transaction using the Coast Capital Debit Card.

cthakker wrote: As per laws they can refuse to open a bank account under few reasons. They have played it smart. I guess their lawyers must have cooked up the strategy.

They are using identify verification as an reason to deny applicants outside BC who cannot physically go to the branch.
1. Delay the application for more than a month by sending false hope emails that they are working on the application so that we do not call and demand the status.
2. Remove Canada Post verification option by implying that they sent the email and we did not take action in the stipulated time.
3. No verification emails were actually sent. They will blame spam or any other technical reason for not getting the email but their systems has all the flag for this.

Unless we lawyer up and demand proof from their email servers it is hard to prove that they are lying.

Best option is to mass complain and get the numbers up so that the regulators may see a pattern that this is not with few individuals but with many to avoid paying the promo amount.

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-cons ... count.html

When a financial institution refuses to open an account for you
A financial institution doesn’t have to open a personal account for you if:

it believes you plan to use the account for illegal or fraudulent purposes
you have a history of illegal or fraudulent activity with financial service providers during the past seven years
it believes you knowingly made false statements in the information you gave
it believes you might cause physical harm to, harass or abuse other customers or its employees
you don’t already have an account and it only offers accounts which must be linked to an existing account with another financial institution
you don’t allow it to take steps to verify that the identification you presented is valid

If a financial institution refuses to open a personal account for you, it must:

tell you of its refusal in writing
give you contact details for the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
You may also tell the financial institution that you want to make a complaint. All financial institutions must have a process in place to handle complaints.

To complain the steps are

https://itools-ioutils.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/ ... e4fd4b52a7

Complaint-handling process for: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
From Financial Consumer Agency of Canada

Step 1: Talk to us
You can speak to us in a branch, or by calling our Contact Centre team:
Toll-free: 1-888-517-7000
If our team member is unable to help you with your complaint, please ask the individual you are working with to escalate your complaint to management.

Step 2: Esclate the complaint to the Office of the CEO
Attn: Office of the CEO, Coast Capital Savings
#800 - 9900 King George Blvd.
Surrey, BC V3T 0K7
officeoftheceo@coastcapitalsavings.com
Local: 604-517-7764
Toll-free: 1-844-517-7764

Step 3: Contact the Coast Capital Savings Ombudsperson
Attn: Ombudsperson, Coast Capital Savings
#800 - 9900 King George Blvd.
Surrey, BC V3T 0K7
ombudsperson@coastcapitalsavings.com
Local: 604-517-7765
Toll-free: 1-844-517-7765

Third-party complaint-handling process for this institution:
Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI)
401 Bay Street
Suite 1505, P.O. Box 5
Toronto, Ontario M5H 2Y4

Toll free telephone: 1-888-451-4519
Toll free fax: 1-888-422-2865
Toronto area telephone: 416-287-2877
Toronto area fax: 416-225-4722
E-mail: ombudsman@obsi.ca
Web site: www.obsi.ca
5400 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2196 upvotes
Since I can't find the previous threads, I'll ask here:

1. Any credit checks?
2. Minimum duration to keep account opened is 90 days? Can I close the account after 90 days? Anyone comment with experience with the $300 offer?
Apr 13, 2003
611 posts
313 upvotes
North York
kyli wrote: Website down.
It's back online..

As for the deal.. It seems too easy! Any gotch yahs?
Riaz
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5434 posts
4847 upvotes
Toronto
I'm wondering what the catch is, seems like a lot of money for opening an account and adding one pre-authorized bill (has to be over $50 if you read the fine print).

More info on this credit union: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast_Capital_Savings

I only see that "If you're a new member, you'll need to purchase $5 in Membership Equity Shares."
Last edited by zentro on Sep 10th, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone asking for referrals or offering them will shut this thread down.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8476 posts
6210 upvotes
damn, none of my bill > $50 :(
Sep 30, 2001
30147 posts
10132 upvotes
Toronto
SammyDavis wrote: Anyone asking for referrals or offering them will shut this thread down.
^ what they said. please leave the referral talk (or the cutsie variations of it) out of this forum please.
Be kind and civil with one another
Dec 16, 2011
85 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
sports1 wrote: Since I can't find the previous threads, I'll ask here:

1. Any credit checks?
2. Minimum duration to keep account opened is 90 days? Can I close the account after 90 days? Anyone comment with experience with the $300 offer?
The previous thread was deleted because people kept asking for/offering referrals.

Some people in the previous thread mentioned that there is a credit check, Equifax.
Last edited by leancuisine on Sep 10th, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
The deal is legit. Some of us got in for 300$, more for 500$.
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
I got denied for a reason that is beyond me... I have great credit, and have never had an account with them. I half want to phone in and see if there was an error in my application or something, because I've never been denied for any banking thing, even semi hard to get credit cards.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8178 posts
9535 upvotes
Vancouver
The website can be a little flaky.. but I managed to set up an account earlier. Had trouble accepting an e-transfer, but it worked, eventually. I think they're doing upgrades.

Worth the trouble for a free $500+!

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
For all the guys who got in this weekend for 300$, they told me no bump up to 500$. Another guy got bumped up though so call in I guess.
Mar 13, 2015
44 posts
20 upvotes
Stratford, PE
Link doesnt work

Edit; dont spam me with your referrals, I am not able to see this promo incognito or regular browser, links redirect to regular coast capital page, glitch or rfd effect?
Last edited by wadnera on Sep 10th, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 2, 2018
459 posts
393 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: damn, none of my bill > $50 :(
Even if you find something you can spend $50 for 2 months, you'll be way ahead of the game. My plan is to add an add-on to my phone to make it >$50 just for the 2 months.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2196 upvotes
Thanks for submitting your application.
We've had some issues processing your application, so it's been sent to a member of our team for additional review. We'll be in touch about the status of your application within the next 2 business days. If you have any questions, you can call us at 1.888.517.7000.
Does this mean I'm denied? Or wut.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
Money4Red wrote: How about credit card payment?
Some banks allow that, some don’t . Have to call Coast.