Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 6:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 31, 2006
6062 posts
1207 upvotes
Toronto
Tonerbox wrote: I never even got the initial email when I signed up on Sept 11, only that 2 days wait message, is it normal that I never got that first email?
You was not approve instantly that why no e-mail was send to you.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 31, 2006
6062 posts
1207 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote: Thanks for confirming, I am going to sign up on Monday 🙌🏾
Are you from BC? If not forget it, you will not be qualify.
Member
Jan 13, 2013
462 posts
260 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been trying to apply since this afternoon and I can't get through the process without a site error. Made it to the final confirmation page once but it timed out there too.
Member
User avatar
Aug 5, 2006
210 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
Elfwood wrote: Hope those of you playing around with payTM and PayPal get your comeuppance when CCS denies you the $500 bonus.
Why? Does the term say so?
Member
Jan 3, 2007
386 posts
163 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: You was not approve instantly that why no e-mail was send to you.
Yeah, but I read a few people here mentioned that they got the 2 days wait message and also an initial email with a reference number.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1871 posts
755 upvotes
White Rock
Tonerbox wrote: Yeah, but I read a few people here mentioned that they got the 2 days wait message and also an initial email with a reference number.
Do you check your email Spam folder? One of mine went to my Gmail Spam folder.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1327 posts
2493 upvotes
Markham
There's a lot of misinformation in this thread...

Not getting instantly approved doesn't mean you're rejected. I got the "Within 2 Business Days" message and was eventually approved without the need for any phone calls.

A hard pull isn't some "evil hocus pocus" Coast Capital chose to do, it's something every financial institution will do when you apply for a checking account ONLINE. It's standard. The big 5s all do it. The only way to opt out is if you apply in person. Otherwise a hard check is pretty much unavoidable, and they all disclose it to you before you apply.

Honestly Coast Capital offered a very generous sign up offer, they probably didn't expect so many applications (although they really should've, they're effectively handing out $550 for jumping through some very small hoops with almost no downsides, except the hard inquiry). I've said earlier on that I doubt the offer will make it pass the 48 hours mark, and it ended up being good for 1 and a half days. They're honoring it for people who already applied before they changed the terms, and that's really the best people could ask for.
Member
Jan 3, 2007
386 posts
163 upvotes
goodfortune wrote: Do you check your email Spam folder? One of mine went to my Gmail Spam folder.
Yeah checked spam/junk/trash many times, still haven't seen anything, it's a hotmail one by the way...maybe I will give it a few more days then call them.
Jr. Member
May 26, 2011
161 posts
187 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: I've said earlier on that I doubt the offer will make it pass the 48 hours mark, and it ended up being good for 1 and a half days. They're honoring it for people who already applied before they changed the terms, and that's really the best people could ask for.
It's still active now, is it not? Or do you just mean that it's now BC only?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1713 posts
1198 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: There's a lot of misinformation in this thread...

Not getting instantly approved doesn't mean you're rejected. I got the "Within 2 Business Days" message and was eventually approved without the need for any phone calls.

A hard pull isn't some "evil hocus pocus" Coast Capital chose to do, it's something every financial institution will do when you apply for a checking account ONLINE. It's standard. The big 5s all do it. The only way to opt out is if you apply in person. Otherwise a hard check is pretty much unavoidable, and they all disclose it to you before you apply.

Honestly Coast Capital offered a very generous sign up offer, they probably didn't expect so many applications (although they really should've, they're effectively handing out $550 for jumping through some very small hoops with almost no downsides, except the hard inquiry). I've said earlier on that I doubt the offer will make it pass the 48 hours mark, and it ended up being good for 1 and a half days. They're honoring it for people who already applied before they changed the terms, and that's really the best people could ask for.
It's too early to say they are honoring it for people who already applied before they changed the terms. We have to wait and see how this plays out.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1713 posts
1198 upvotes
Can these credit unions afford/have marketing budgets to afford this type of promo? Even if 10,000 new users signed up before they changed the terms, that's $5 million that coast capital would be looking at paying out. Ofcourse no one knows howmany new users signed up, but between reddit and rfd, I wouldn't be surprised if more than 10k new users signed up during the 1-2 days the offer went viral
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 8, 2011
1027 posts
2872 upvotes
All you people are insane. It's the weekend. Chill out. Jesus.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5491 posts
4215 upvotes
Calgary
adilh53 wrote: Can these credit unions afford/have marketing budgets to afford this type of promo? Even if 10,000 new users signed up before they changed the terms, that's $5 million that coast capital would be looking at paying out. Ofcourse no one knows howmany new users signed up, but between reddit and rfd, I wouldn't be surprised if more than 10k new users signed up during the 1-2 days the offer went viral
If they couldn’t afford it they would have stopped it completely.
Newbie
Sep 29, 2010
69 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver
Kaida9 wrote: Anyone else getting:
Error
Don't panic. We're just experiencing a technical issue at the moment and we're working to resolve it. Please try again later.

Have a question? Give us a call at 1.888.517.7000 or visit one of our branches and we'll be more than happy to help.

Error code: 2000
Yes I got the same message. I guess just need to try it later?
Sr. Member
Feb 23, 2014
884 posts
415 upvotes
What in the ever loving ****? I did this in the summer and only got $300. Now it's $500 for the same thing?

**** that shit.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)