Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2019 6:05 pm
Apr 7, 2019
159 posts
94 upvotes
Elfwood wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:20 pm
Hope those of you playing around with payTM and PayPal get your comeuppance when CCS denies you the $500 bonus.
Lol. Jealous much.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5373 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto
mkl38s wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 9:03 pm
my point is how could they tell the difference? What if my employer is PayPal or PayTM and they pay me twice a month? those setup were done at my employer side, not from CCS.
Payroll direct deposit have a company name attached to it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5373 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto
Tonerbox wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:32 pm
I never even got the initial email when I signed up on Sept 11, only that 2 days wait message, is it normal that I never got that first email?
You was not approve instantly that why no e-mail was send to you.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5373 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:25 pm
Thanks for confirming, I am going to sign up on Monday 🙌🏾
Are you from BC? If not forget it, you will not be qualify.
Jan 13, 2013
352 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been trying to apply since this afternoon and I can't get through the process without a site error. Made it to the final confirmation page once but it timed out there too.
Aug 5, 2006
176 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Elfwood wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:20 pm
Hope those of you playing around with payTM and PayPal get your comeuppance when CCS denies you the $500 bonus.
Why? Does the term say so?
Jan 3, 2007
345 posts
103 upvotes
cgtlky wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 12:38 am
You was not approve instantly that why no e-mail was send to you.
Yeah, but I read a few people here mentioned that they got the 2 days wait message and also an initial email with a reference number.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1823 posts
717 upvotes
White Rock
Tonerbox wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 1:12 am
Yeah, but I read a few people here mentioned that they got the 2 days wait message and also an initial email with a reference number.
Do you check your email Spam folder? One of mine went to my Gmail Spam folder.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1040 posts
1917 upvotes
Markham
There's a lot of misinformation in this thread...

Not getting instantly approved doesn't mean you're rejected. I got the "Within 2 Business Days" message and was eventually approved without the need for any phone calls.

A hard pull isn't some "evil hocus pocus" Coast Capital chose to do, it's something every financial institution will do when you apply for a checking account ONLINE. It's standard. The big 5s all do it. The only way to opt out is if you apply in person. Otherwise a hard check is pretty much unavoidable, and they all disclose it to you before you apply.

Honestly Coast Capital offered a very generous sign up offer, they probably didn't expect so many applications (although they really should've, they're effectively handing out $550 for jumping through some very small hoops with almost no downsides, except the hard inquiry). I've said earlier on that I doubt the offer will make it pass the 48 hours mark, and it ended up being good for 1 and a half days. They're honoring it for people who already applied before they changed the terms, and that's really the best people could ask for.
Jan 3, 2007
345 posts
103 upvotes
goodfortune wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 1:32 am
Do you check your email Spam folder? One of mine went to my Gmail Spam folder.
Yeah checked spam/junk/trash many times, still haven't seen anything, it's a hotmail one by the way...maybe I will give it a few more days then call them.
May 26, 2011
136 posts
161 upvotes
Dave510 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 1:37 am
I've said earlier on that I doubt the offer will make it pass the 48 hours mark, and it ended up being good for 1 and a half days. They're honoring it for people who already applied before they changed the terms, and that's really the best people could ask for.
It's still active now, is it not? Or do you just mean that it's now BC only?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1379 posts
759 upvotes
Dave510 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 1:37 am
There's a lot of misinformation in this thread...

Not getting instantly approved doesn't mean you're rejected. I got the "Within 2 Business Days" message and was eventually approved without the need for any phone calls.

A hard pull isn't some "evil hocus pocus" Coast Capital chose to do, it's something every financial institution will do when you apply for a checking account ONLINE. It's standard. The big 5s all do it. The only way to opt out is if you apply in person. Otherwise a hard check is pretty much unavoidable, and they all disclose it to you before you apply.

Honestly Coast Capital offered a very generous sign up offer, they probably didn't expect so many applications (although they really should've, they're effectively handing out $550 for jumping through some very small hoops with almost no downsides, except the hard inquiry). I've said earlier on that I doubt the offer will make it pass the 48 hours mark, and it ended up being good for 1 and a half days. They're honoring it for people who already applied before they changed the terms, and that's really the best people could ask for.
It's too early to say they are honoring it for people who already applied before they changed the terms. We have to wait and see how this plays out.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1379 posts
759 upvotes
Can these credit unions afford/have marketing budgets to afford this type of promo? Even if 10,000 new users signed up before they changed the terms, that's $5 million that coast capital would be looking at paying out. Ofcourse no one knows howmany new users signed up, but between reddit and rfd, I wouldn't be surprised if more than 10k new users signed up during the 1-2 days the offer went viral
Oct 8, 2011
846 posts
2202 upvotes
All you people are insane. It's the weekend. Chill out. Jesus.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4760 posts
3198 upvotes
Calgary
adilh53 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 2:25 am
Can these credit unions afford/have marketing budgets to afford this type of promo? Even if 10,000 new users signed up before they changed the terms, that's $5 million that coast capital would be looking at paying out. Ofcourse no one knows howmany new users signed up, but between reddit and rfd, I wouldn't be surprised if more than 10k new users signed up during the 1-2 days the offer went viral
If they couldn’t afford it they would have stopped it completely.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 1 guest)

weihui, gram16, AM34plz, RonD60853