Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 5:17 am
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1286 posts
74 upvotes
adamtheman wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 4:18 pm
Keep trying. Every interac EMT I have deposited into Coast Capital fails the first time. Their system has some major issues.
Yep , on the 4th / 5th attempt it worked ... thanks for the last mile motivation Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
[Call To Action] ✈ New air travel rules: Canadians are in for a rude awakening🍁

Thank You RFD Community! 🤘
2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5374 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto
paul29m wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 6:22 am
What in the ever loving ****? I did this in the summer and only got $300. Now it's $500 for the same thing?

**** that shit.
Looklike early bird don”t catch the best worm. Lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5079 posts
3450 upvotes
Vancouver
grilw wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 5:18 pm
Yep , on the 4th / 5th attempt it worked ... thanks for the last mile motivation Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Welcome to 2019 banking. Where everything is harder and worse than it was in 1999.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1794 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
Dave510 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 1:37 am
There's a lot of misinformation in this thread...

Not getting instantly approved doesn't mean you're rejected. I got the "Within 2 Business Days" message and was eventually approved without the need for any phone calls.

A hard pull isn't some "evil hocus pocus" Coast Capital chose to do, it's something every financial institution will do when you apply for a checking account ONLINE. It's standard. The big 5s all do it. The only way to opt out is if you apply in person. Otherwise a hard check is pretty much unavoidable, and they all disclose it to you before you apply.

Honestly Coast Capital offered a very generous sign up offer, they probably didn't expect so many applications (although they really should've, they're effectively handing out $550 for jumping through some very small hoops with almost no downsides, except the hard inquiry). I've said earlier on that I doubt the offer will make it pass the 48 hours mark, and it ended up being good for 1 and a half days. They're honoring it for people who already applied before they changed the terms, and that's really the best people could ask for.
Hard credit checks are not the norm for opening up online chequing accounts. Some do and some don’t. It’s not as though one is applying for credit.
Sep 24, 2008
497 posts
142 upvotes
Oakville
Applied on Sept 9 - got the 2 day manual review email (I'm in ON). Today I received 2 emails saying my account is approved. The first is a Welcome To Coast email saying to keep an eye open for instructions on how to setup my account. The second is an Help Me Switch email with a link which takes me to the coast website where I enter my answer to my secret question - once verified, I get links to deposit money, setup payroll and/or setup PAD. The 2nd email also included the last 8 digits of my debit card. However, whenever, I try to log into CCS with my 8 digit card number, it asks for a Personal Access Code. Do they email this to you in a 3rd email? I tried "forgot my password" - but nothing I enter seems to allow me to reset my password.

Is there a 3rd email that I need to wait for?

Thanks in advance!
Penalty Box
Aug 17, 2012
1446 posts
543 upvotes
Windsor
julian3216 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 4:49 pm
Any idea why?
Not sure .. I'm thinking they are just sending these emails to people outside BC..

My Credit is pretty good so not sure what's the reason
Mar 18, 2011
901 posts
420 upvotes
Pickering
rfdnutz wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 5:39 pm
Applied on Sept 9 - got the 2 day manual review email (I'm in ON). Today I received 2 emails saying my account is approved. The first is a Welcome To Coast email saying to keep an eye open for instructions on how to setup my account. The second is an Help Me Switch email with a link which takes me to the coast website where I enter my answer to my secret question - once verified, I get links to deposit money, setup payroll and/or setup PAD. The 2nd email also included the last 8 digits of my debit card. However, whenever, I try to log into CCS with my 8 digit card number, it asks for a Personal Access Code. Do they email this to you in a 3rd email? I tried "forgot my password" - but nothing I enter seems to allow me to reset my password.

Thanks in advance!
Can't recall where exactly, but this should have been something you already set up upon making your account. Like your password, it was something you chose during the application process.
Rule 1 of RFD: Do not talk about RFD.
Rule 2 of RFD: Do NOT. talk about. RFD!
Nov 8, 2011
472 posts
128 upvotes
NEPEAN
rfdnutz wrote:

Thanks in advance!
You would have set the personal code during application. You need to remember this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5621 posts
5588 upvotes
Vancouver
I took out a membership last year so I could buy their 4% GIC. That disqualifies from me from this promo. Too bad. At least they got rid of the requirement from previous promos that new members cannot be members of any other BC credit union in order to get the promo deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1823 posts
717 upvotes
White Rock
rfdnutz wrote:

Thanks in advance!
This is the step-3 page that you created your PAC and security question.
019.PAC.jpg
Nov 8, 2011
472 posts
128 upvotes
NEPEAN
Just wondering if anyone from the $300 promo is here, how long did it take to get your bonus after completing the requirements?
Jul 1, 2015
99 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
rfdnutz wrote:

Thanks in advance!
I also applied on the 9th but haven't heard anything back yet. Did you get an email after your application?
Mar 2, 2011
264 posts
46 upvotes
Gloucester
Can I pay my credit card bill for over $50 for it to be counted as a pre-authorized credit?
Oct 19, 2011
550 posts
158 upvotes
I keep getting error code 1600 when registering as a new member...is this because of my 10 year old CC abandoned account?
Apr 23, 2008
878 posts
116 upvotes
rfdnutz wrote:

Thanks in advance!
If I remember correctly, I signed up with the 8 digits code (on the user name or debit card number) then it asked me to setup password for the 1st time, (this password is different from my PAC) then reentered password to confirm.
good luck

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

libumathew27