Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 6:45 pm
Jun 20, 2019
50 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Would tangerine and eqbank PAD work?
From https://www.coastcapitalsavings.com/promotions/chequing:

Preauthorized bill payment conditions

This includes preauthorized bill payments or preauthorized loan, mortgage or credit card payments. It does not include transfers into other accounts or into accounts with other financial institutions.
Aug 10, 2001
829 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does this account provided free personalized checks? Yes, there are times when I still use a check Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Nov 10, 2016
337 posts
169 upvotes
I've signed up and e-transferred myself $110, working on the two preauthorized bill payment. thank you OP.
Nov 10, 2016
337 posts
169 upvotes
pennysaver wrote: Does this account provided free personalized checks? Yes, there are times when I still use a check Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
checks are not free.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1410 posts
127 upvotes
Looks like I can't sign up, I live in the country and have a PO box, but they will not accept PO boxes for addresses :(
May 24, 2006
18 posts
1 upvote
Ya that's what I did I changed the pre-authorized to chequing in the rogers account to debit from coast capital and it shows up as Powell River Credit Union for some reason when it updated.
Oct 10, 2006
663 posts
893 upvotes
Ottawa
Can I print a "void cheque" from them? Some companies require a void cheque to process PAD.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3742 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up last night.

Why are people signing up for 2 PADs AND Direct Deposit? It's one or the other, not both.

The fine print says:

This offer is only available to new members. To be eligible for this offer, you must open a chequing account and complete one of two steps:

1. Set up payroll direct deposit into your new account.
2. Set up a preauthorized bill payment, for example your BC hydro bill or phone bill, and have it debited from your new account at least twice.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3742 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Sweety wrote: Can I print a "void cheque" from them? Some companies require a void cheque to process PAD.
There's a form you can download for PAD
Jul 16, 2019
663 posts
679 upvotes
pennysaver wrote: Does this account provided free personalized checks? Yes, there are times when I still use a check Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
For free cheques, you want Simplii.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1399 posts
871 upvotes
Vancouver
chenredflagdeals wrote: it is very good deal.
how long does it last?
SammyDavis wrote: Don’t wait, it will end without notice.
T&C states Oct 6 but agreed, can end any time they feel like ending it.
Last edited by Alivenate on Sep 11th, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2013
139 posts
275 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Is this only available in BC currently? Keep getting this message when going to the website: "You've been directed to this version of our website based on your region.
Did we get it wrong? Please use the region selector on the top, right-hand side of the page."
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10588 posts
977 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm not familiar with preauth bills... I have my Shaw bill ($60+tax) set up to auto-pay via CC. I assume I can change that to this account, wait for 1 payment to go through, then switch back to my CC?

Edit: Looks like you have to bill pay twice?
Last edited by Kaitlyn on Sep 11th, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.