Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 6:45 pm
Sep 14, 2018
266 posts
326 upvotes
I've applied although I have to go to Canada Post to verify identity. Also had to do this for Simplii and Tangerine so not too bothered / surprised.

Didn't bother with referral, I'll just switch my payroll for a few months for $500. Even if I have to pay $1.50 a few times to transfer it to my main bank it's a good return for less than 10 minutes work.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6186 posts
5332 upvotes
Calgary
Kaitlyn wrote: I'm not familiar with preauth bills... I have my Shaw bill ($60+tax) set up to auto-pay via CC. I assume I can change that to this account, wait for 1 payment to go through, then switch back to my CC?
2 payments have to go through
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9048 posts
53732 upvotes
Ontario
Kaitlyn wrote: I'm not familiar with preauth bills... I have my Shaw bill ($60+tax) set up to auto-pay via CC. I assume I can change that to this account, wait for 1 payment to go through, then switch back to my CC?

yes, you can do that. Try to leave it there until you receive your $500 since it only takes 30 days to receive it.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5544 posts
2773 upvotes
Winnipeg
Is this available in MB? Looks interesting...
Can anyone from MB confirm?
Last edited by Wpegger on Sep 11th, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 13, 2015
35 posts
16 upvotes
Stratford, PE
Applied, got the 2day verification message, will wait.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10592 posts
981 upvotes
Vancouver
After I filled in the first set of personal info...
Don't panic. We're just experiencing a technical issue at the moment and we're working to resolve it. Please try again later.

Have a question? Give us a call at 1.888.517.7000 or visit one of our branches and we'll be more than happy to help.

Error code: 1000
Everyone else, stop applying! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6186 posts
5332 upvotes
Calgary
Wpegger wrote: Is this available in MB? Looks interesting...
Can anyone from MB confirm?
it is available in MB
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
2135 posts
229 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP! Signed up and deposited using e-transfer. There were a few hiccups with the whole process but I only had to retry. The requirements are very easy to meet. I can change my payroll deposits myself. I can even split my pay between this account and my main one.
May 30, 2011
99 posts
34 upvotes
Calgary
Can anyone tell me where I can print off a direct deposit form (for payroll) from the new chequing account? Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2654 posts
1447 upvotes
Victoria
AznDawg101 wrote: I thought I’d give another opinion. I know they made a new app and I had to make a login and password. But I haven’t experienced any issues. I’ve been regularly accessing my account and making bill payments. I didn’t even realize they were having issues.
That's good to hear you've escaped the mess unscathed. Their homepage has had a permanent notification at the top of the page apologizing to customers for the transition to the new app & login process. There was a 2nd notification below that for awhile that said something like "due to the overwhelming requests for assistance with the new system, our customer service centre is closed." Their social media has been absolutely bombarded with complaints.

Amateur response from a company that previously had a very positive brand image.
Aug 3, 2014
230 posts
414 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
FYI, if you get an error message just reapply again, worked for me. Thanks OP.
Nov 9, 2013
495 posts
125 upvotes
aysiphu wrote: FYI, if you get an error message just reapply again, worked for me. Thanks OP.
What kind of error message did you get? I first got the "uhoh thats not supposed to happen" message, then got the "We'll be in touch about the status of your application within the next 2 business days" message after trying again.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5492 posts
466 upvotes
Markham
so did I eff up?

I got a link and signed upon the referral page.

However, I didnt see anything ahout the offer so I closed the page - if i go back to referal page, it says offer unlocked

if I sign up from the main site where it shows $500 bonus, will I still get the $50 referral bonus?
Dec 10, 2003
55 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria
adeel wrote: so did I eff up?

I got a link and signed upon the referral page.

However, I didnt see anything ahout the offer so I closed the page - if i go back to referal page, it says offer unlocked

if I sign up from the main site where it shows $500 bonus, will I still get the $50 referral bonus?
Its confusing. You give your name and email with referral link. Close it. Then you must sign up on the home page using the same name and email. Should get $50 referral.
Last edited by hudson on Sep 11th, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.