Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Coast capital

Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 7:07 pm
Aug 19, 2018
27 posts
13 upvotes
So it has been exactly 30 days since my first payroll deposit. Sent them an email and received an answer within 5 hours that they credited my account with $500. This has been a very long fight but the end is here. Good luck to everybody still waiting for their promo bonus.
Oct 18, 2015
388 posts
279 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I did my PADs from tangerine a couple weeks ago, but I still haven't receive the bonus yet. How long should I wait? For those who e-mailed, what's the e-mail address (I used the Contact Us form, but the representative e-mailed me back saying I need to log on first -- which I did)
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
2033 posts
1013 upvotes
buriboi wrote: Coast Capital Update:

After two months and a couple "we're still working on your application" emails in response to my requests for updates, I finally called in today.
The rep says that my application was declined, but neither she nor anybody else can tell me why. Lol. She quickly also said that I can reapply but, of course, wouldn't qualify for the $500 sign-up bonus now.

I guess it makes sense. When your bank makes a mistake that's going to cost a fair amount of money, rather than just owning up and saying "sorry, we can't honor our advertised deal", pretend that people are rejected for no reason whatsoever (I have perfect credit, etc...)

What a farce.

:D
Join the club:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/coast-ca ... er-2328327
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
Finally after, 3 phones call and more than 1 hour each to CCS,my referral bonus got credited. Now, I am done, got $500 + $150 = $650 nice Christmas shopping $ lol....
May 22, 2015
189 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Need help guys

I recd an email on oct 8 that they approved my application and now i should make a deposit...

I was caught up and did no action...am i still eligible for 500$ any folks who got this activated after oct 8.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
Finally got my bonus today Saturday, after three consecutive payrolls deposited.
Applied on September 12.
Still no sign of debit card.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Nov 15, 2019
2 posts
pai wrote: I set up the PAD using the membership number as my account number, and i noticed that the hydro bill got paid on Oct 18, but no deduction coming out of coast .......

does that mean i just stole from someone else's account? or there's a just lag in coast seeing the debit transaction?
Hi, could you please tell me what happened after that? Because I made same mistake as you did.
Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
wizyyz wrote: Need help guys

I recd an email on oct 8 that they approved my application and now i should make a deposit...

I was caught up and did no action...am i still eligible for 500$ any folks who got this activated after oct 8.
If you apply on or before September 12 and got approved Oct 8 you are qualify for the $500 promotion, the problem is you have less than 60 days to fulfill the requirement.
Mar 8, 2006
682 posts
212 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: If you apply on or before September 12 and got approved Oct 8 you are qualify for the $500 promotion, the problem is you have less than 60 days to fulfill the requirement.
Are you saying the 90 days clock from the application date, not approval date on Oct 8th?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
fortune88 wrote: Are you saying the 90 days clock from the application date, not approval date on Oct 8th?
Approval Date October 8, but now its Nov 17 right? So less than 60 days.
Mar 8, 2006
682 posts
212 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: Approval Date October 8, but now its Nov 17 right? So less than 60 days.
I said it incorrectly in my previous posting. What you said is fair, logical and reasonable and what Coast Capital should exactly do ie based on approval date. You’re right this means it’s less than 60 days for him. I was thinking based on AMEX as they always apply the 90 days window for welcome bonus based on the application date. However, AMEX is famous with fast approval process and sending the physical card, so most people are not complaining. I am not sure if someone has confirmed that Coast Capital is using the application date or approval date to start the 90 days clock.
Jan 17, 2019
78 posts
61 upvotes
I had a direct deposit on Oct 16. I am eligible for the $500 bonus (applied on Sept 11).

I called Coast, and they are now telling me it could be 30-60 days for the bonus to be deposited to my account (was originally told 30 days once my account finally got set up).
May 8, 2015
345 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Direct deposit on the 15th of November, put a calendar reminder for myself to call in a month from now to ask for the $500 if it doesn't get in.
May 22, 2018
106 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
Same situation here. Direct deposit came in Nov 15, will monitor & report back over the next month.
Oct 23, 2019
103 posts
33 upvotes
Did they even mention the minimum amount of the direct deposit? I got $750 direct deposit on Nov 4th, still nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6054 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
after 124 pages, for someone who forgot their PAC, other than getting debit card, pin, making a deposit at any credit union and restting pac, is there a faster way to get online access?
May 1, 2004
439 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
Oct-31-2019 Pre-Auth Debit B C HYDRO POWER AUTHORITY -$51.00
Oct-29-2019 Pre-Auth Debit B C HYDRO POWER AUTHORITY -$51.00

whelp, another monday and still no monies

sigh
Jul 18, 2007
214 posts
168 upvotes
Richmond Hill
adeel wrote: after 124 pages, for someone who forgot their PAC, other than getting debit card, pin, making a deposit at any credit union and restting pac, is there a faster way to get online access?
I was able to call in and answer some security questions and they were able to reset my PAC.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)