Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 6:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5494 posts
467 upvotes
Markham
weirdly, of 4 family members that i referreed and which signed up for referral program 2 got the one step away email and 2 didnt

not sure if i should advise to wait it out for the email before proceed
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
I had an error message.. "We've had some issues processing your application, so it's been sent to a member of our team for additional review"

I opened tangerine and simplii without hassle..
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1086 posts
978 upvotes
Calgary
atheoncrutch wrote: I signed up last week during the $300 promo, but did not do a DD or PAD. Called on Monday to ask some questions about PAD payments to qualify for the $500 bonus...the rep said I would be eligible once I met the requirements. Didn't mention the $300 so I didn't clarify. If I see $300 show up instead of $500 I will be calling back to speak to a supervisor.
Settle down Karen.

You were enticed enough by the $300 to sign-up. If you get the extra $200, it's a bonus; if not, carry on and don't make someone else's day miserable on account of your problem.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1033 posts
482 upvotes
orianna wrote: I had an error message.. "We've had some issues processing your application, so it's been sent to a member of our team for additional review"

I opened tangerine and simplii without hassle..
Relax, its is happening to alot of people recently, likely just processing too many requests.
They will manaul approve it it will just take some time. If any issues they will let you know.
Nov 9, 2013
495 posts
125 upvotes
OKSpring wrote: Settle down Karen.

You were enticed enough by the $300 to sign-up. If you get the extra $200, it's a bonus; if not, carry on and don't make someone else's day miserable on account of your problem.
I’m not the type of person to yell on the phone at all. I used to work in a contact centre, I know how that goes.

I was told I would qualify for $500 so that’s what I will look for and inquire about if I don’t receive it.
Jan 1, 2009
658 posts
310 upvotes
Just an FYI to those that are doing e transfers, I did mine to activate the account but it didn't accept the transfer. I had to do it again for my tangerine e transfer to work and the money showing up in coast capital.
Aug 21, 2016
261 posts
100 upvotes
So it looks like you can register to refer people before even having your account fully set up. Anyone know if there's any issue in doing this? Want to give it to a family member to sign up.
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
595 posts
337 upvotes
fern54 wrote: So it looks like you can register to refer people before even having your account fully set up. Anyone know if there's any issue in doing this? Want to give it to a family member to sign up.
You're in the safe if your account is approved and/or is pending verification. Do not recommend if it ain't open yet, coz of it gets denied for some reason, you're all screwed
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Jun 15, 2015
127 posts
96 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Nauth wrote: Just an FYI to those that are doing e transfers, I did mine to activate the account but it didn't accept the transfer. I had to do it again for my tangerine e transfer to work and the money showing up in coast capital.
Ya my first attempt at accepting the money failed. I waited 5 minutes and tried again and it was fine. For others having this issue, I just think they are being pounded atm, so just try the deposit later.
Sep 5, 2007
190 posts
74 upvotes
Vancouver
bryceton wrote: You gotta understand the 2 day estimate is under normal circumstances.
With this promo exploding I wouldnt be surprised if it takes 5 days..

I wouldnt worry though, even if they pull the promo tonight, you have already signed up so they should honor it.
Yeah, not worried. Just giving a data point. They're certainly getting overwhelmed. We saw it with the 500 errors after the RFD effect. Wonder if it was also on Reddit or something.
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
595 posts
337 upvotes
kowrek wrote: Yeah, not worried. Just giving a data point. They're certainly getting overwhelmed. We saw it with the 500 errors after the RFD effect. Wonder if it was also on Reddit or something.
Yes, it's trending big time on Reddit
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1033 posts
482 upvotes
kowrek wrote: Yeah, not worried. Just giving a data point. They're certainly getting overwhelmed. We saw it with the 500 errors after the RFD effect. Wonder if it was also on Reddit or something.
it is on reddit as well as elsewhere
Dec 10, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
I too got error on first attempt of transferring money but later on it worked for me.
Jan 2, 2018
436 posts
370 upvotes
bryceton wrote: it is on reddit as well as elsewhere
I can't wait for every Canadian to be a CCS member, even though 99% of us had never heard of it before a couple days ago.