Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 6:45 pm
Jan 20, 2019
47 posts
12 upvotes
BC
So I can sign up, pay off my TD visa of $60 and wait for $500? When's the earliest I can close the bank account? There's no hidden fees right like free monthly chequing only for first year and then after one year it's $xx per month?
Oct 25, 2010
672 posts
282 upvotes
I’ve been with Coast Capital for a long time and here are a few things that surprised my family members that might be of interest to a new account holder:

Cheque books aren’t free on the free account. They seem expensive to me now, but I guess there’s always etransfers (cost $1.50).

They don’t have a visa debit card.

You can use a bunch of other credit unions’ banking machines for free.

You used to be able to use mint.com with coast capital but a couple months ago coast capital stopped working there. There is a message saying: “Coast Capital Savings has currently disabled connection to Mint. As of July 19, 2019, Connectivity for Coast Capital Savings is unavailable using Mint. We are partnering with Coast Capital Savings to provide a solution as quickly as possible.”
Oct 22, 2006
122 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
cheapmother wrote: Tried again and received this message:
We've had some issues processing your application, so it's been sent to a member of our team for additional review. We'll be in touch about the status of your application within the next 2 business days. If you have any questions, you can call us at 1.888.517.7000.
Same here :(
Oct 22, 2006
122 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
simke123 wrote: Just downloaded the PayTM app. I'm still waiting for my Coast Capital account to be approved, but just wanted to confirm the PayTM method:

1. Transfer $102 from my bank account to PayTM account.
2. Add TD Visa as a Payee on PayTM.
3. Pay TD Visa $51 at 10am. Pay TD Visa $51 at 10:02am.
4. Wait for my $500?
Is it that simple? Does that even count as preauthorized debit when PayTM is pulling minutes apart?
Sorry I have no idea how this PayTM hack works.
Dec 20, 2012
981 posts
795 upvotes
Surrey
Can we get this $500 offer at a local branch, or does the account have to be created online?
Nov 9, 2013
495 posts
125 upvotes
simke123 wrote: Just downloaded the PayTM app. I'm still waiting for my Coast Capital account to be approved, but just wanted to confirm the PayTM method:

1. Transfer $102 from my bank account to PayTM account.
2. Add TD Visa as a Payee on PayTM.
3. Pay TD Visa $51 at 10am. Pay TD Visa $51 at 10:02am.
4. Wait for my $500?
I think that would only count as 1 PAD from CCS, wouldn’t it? I could be wrong, but I think you would need to transfer $51 to PayTM twice separately for it to count as 2 qualifying PADs. Might also need to schedule those payments through PayTM.
Feb 25, 2015
52 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How does the PayTM hack work for pre-auth?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1336 posts
250 upvotes
Anyone do the canada post verification? Still no email from them.
Also, any PAD suggestions? PayTM verified to work?
I am a friendly Koodo customer and AMEX customer.
Apr 4, 2007
226 posts
60 upvotes
ryokoseigo wrote: I got denied for a reason that is beyond me... I have great credit, and have never had an account with them. I half want to phone in and see if there was an error in my application or something, because I've never been denied for any banking thing, even semi hard to get credit cards.
Might be that you have credit monitoring on your Equifax? You can always call in and quote the Application ref number in the email.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9070 posts
53953 upvotes
Ontario
FYI: Their online banking sucks.

They will always ask for a verification.

Pay bill, Change email, login, check your balance, check account, and do every tiny things will require a verification code.

I have to input 10 different codes just to do what I need to do. 15+ years with them and had 0 problems until they upgraded their system and changed to a federal union bank.
Took me 10 tries to apply for my family member. Just keep trying if you get the error message,
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9070 posts
53953 upvotes
Ontario
T3NSION wrote: Anyone do the canada post verification? Still no email from them.
Also, any PAD suggestions? PayTM verified to work?
Internet bill or cellphone bill?
make sure its over $50
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Sep 6, 2009
592 posts
219 upvotes
If I have credit alert with Equifax, will opening the account online fail?
Jan 8, 2018
105 posts
48 upvotes
Anyone have issues with linking PayTM to their CCS account?

Paytm keeps giving me errors, saying there is an issue on the CCS side, but CCS side no issues.
Dec 21, 2015
159 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
SammyDavis wrote: They are just overwhelmed
Retry again means another credit pull, these online applications are poorly implemented, not just Coast, my BMO application resulted in 4 pulls, because it failed on first attempt and the rep asked me to retry
Jan 17, 2011
57 posts
9 upvotes
Surrey BC
If you call they will open your account... Worst case you will have holds on unverified deposits and chqs over $100. As per Access to Basic Banking services in Canada. if they dont they will give you a written letter which 9 out of 10 times banks just open the account rather than the letter.